The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Contest in Colon August 5-8 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We are very pleased to announce a BRAND new event during magic week here in Colon August 5-8th. Spearheaded by Al Angelo, we are sponsoring a 'busking' contest on Thursday and Friday August 6th and 7th. We are allowing magicians,jugglers,ventriloquists,etc. to enter and this should be a grand slam event. There will be prize money involved as well. At this moment corporate sponsorship is being lined up to enhance this project. This will draw hundreds of new folks into town as well as some excellent street performers. Rules are being finalized and details will released as they become available. Also we are pleased to announce FREE lectures by: Troy Hooser, Al Angelo, Bob Sanders, Al Bach with more to be named soon! Please mark your calendar NOW!

For more information you can PM me
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Can a guy doing egg magic enter this? It does reset for walk-around. No yoke!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Which Colon?
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
How come I'm not involved in this...I'm a busker! Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How about one in Appendix. That's a little place near Colon. Nothing much ever happens there.

I have a gut feeling about this.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Bada boom!
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Colon Michigan....if the town were any smaller they would call us semicolon Smile

www.fabmagic.com
gerryc
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of gerryc
Kozmo, you should be involved!! Are you going to be there ?. I can offer you a free lunch and probably a boat ride on Beautiful Plamer Lake.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Kozmo did his first lecture tonight. The initial reports I have received state it went over very well.

Kozmo will be presenting his street performance lecture at the Motor City Convention in less than two weeks. He will also be doing his professional street act on the Friday night close-up show.

His show is highly entertaining and the magic is very good. I am very happy I asked him to appear on this year's bill.
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
I'm sure I'll be at Magic Week as usual. Gerry, how come you never offered me a boat ride? Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
John Sturk, are you coming to the Motor City Close-Up Convention in Taylor, Michigan this year? The same one Motor City mentioned previously? I will be there especially because I want to see Kozmo and Eric Jones.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
I am overwhelmed and very,very pleased ! The emails I have received regarding this event are unbelievable! WE will be putting together rules and details before the end of the year so please be patient as Al and I are working to make this as fair as possible...thanks.

www.fabmagic.com
gerryc
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of gerryc
John Sturk, I would love to take you on a boat ride , but you never have time. You are one of the most popular men in Colon when you are in town. How about in March during Close-up? Bring a warm coat
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am going because Al Angelo and Bob Sanders will be there. I might try out the contest.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
The complete set of rules is now available for the Busking contest to be held during magic week August 5-8th in Colon, Michigan. I have some email addresses and will forward that information to you. Otherwise, if you will PM me with your email address, I will forward the registration form/rules to you. This will be a two day event, August 6th and 7th, due to the overwhelming response we have received. We are limiting registrants to 20 - 10 each day - there is NO fee to register. Performers will be 'on the street' from 12-4 pm on Thursday and Friday.
Cash prizes are as follows and will be announced on Saturday, August 8th in our shop.

1st place - $500.00
2nd place - $300.00
3rd place - $150.00

Our good friend Al Angelo will be helping to coordinate these events.

Please get your registration in early........again, NO registration fee associated with this event! Magic week in Colon 2009 featuring five free lectures (Troy Hooser, Al Angelo, Bob Sanders, Al Bach, Ian Garrison) - MAD MAD AUCTION, CLOSE UP SHOW - plus a SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT COMING FORTH in the next few weeks!

www.fabmagic.com
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I'm excited - This will be my first time competing with other buskers (aside from the usual competing for attention on the street).

I've put up the document here: http://sidewalkperformers.com/wordpress/?p=662

It has the free registration form, rules, regulations, and everything you need. ..

Again, real excited.

Thanks, Rick.

George
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I just sent my registration in. Hope they don't mind that I just emailed them an attachment with my signature attached to the Word document as an image. Is that legal beagle? It saved me from printing it out, filling in the app by hand and then snail mailing it in.

Do they even sell stamps any more?
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Wish there's one in my town. Haven't had magic event for ages.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Hi Gang...
Just a quick note - we have only 10 spots left for the busking competition

We had 20 but already we have filled up half........

What a great response!

www.fabmagic.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Don't forget the busking competition August 5-8th during Magic Week here in Colon! We still have a few slots open. No registration fee! First place prize is $500, Second is $300 and third is $150.00 - A great chance to win some $$$$$.

www.fabmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Contest in Colon August 5-8 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL