The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » A Swindle of Sorts by Paul Curry (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3541 Posts

Profile of Turk
Greg,

Status report, please. Is this still "a go"?

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
990 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Greg,

I do not feel you have stolen anything. Nevertheless, my presentation was published long ago. You should market your routine however you wish. However, it would be professional and ethical to give credit where due.

Regards,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Pierre Emmanuel
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pierre Emmanuel
Oh ! I perform this trick using notes..

I take some blank cards, draw the music score of a famous tune on them, like one note per card, and make a small deck with them.

The thing is that, because it's made of notes, when you see the cards one after the others, it's impossible to guess if they are in the right order or not.

It's only when you reveal the final order of the cards and the spectator to "play" the song that he realizes what he did : he created a song out of random notes ! It's more than just putting things in order.

So, how do you convince him that the switch is a switch ? Use the key, or some ornaments on the score to show what the switch does (like on #, or silence sign, etc..)
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2417 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Turk,

Yes, Predict is still a go. Just looking for a little bit of free time to put the finishing touches on the video before it's released.

Greg Rostami
bik0z
View Profile
Regular user
France
108 Posts

Profile of bik0z
Greg,

Any news on Predict?
My English sucks, I know it. It's probably better than your French anyway...
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7291 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK well 2012, Did this ever come to be?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2417 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi guys,

Over the last several years, as most of you know, I've been very busy with my magic apps.

The apps, my two little girls and my day job keep me pretty busy.

Believe it or not, I have already shot the explanation video for Predict. Since I released an app called iPredict+, I'll probably change the name of this effect.

I'm looking at releasing a few of my effects with Theory11.com under The Wire.

I hope I can find some time to compress these videos and upload them to The Wire.

Greg Rostami
Bob Tucker
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Bob Tucker
Is Greg Rostami's Predict still available for download?
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1375 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
If you like and use the Paul Curry Swindle Switch, you might also enjoy the related “Futility Switch” that is taught in Asymptotes. It gives them a greater latitude of choices, including more than one choice of what cards switch positions. Also, the cards they decide to switch do not have to be adjacent. And it can all happen in the participant’s hands.

Ben
pnerd
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of pnerd
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2008, bik0z wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for "A Swindle of Sorts" by Paul Curry. I know that it's in "Paul Curry Presents" (1974), which is out of print. And of course, used copies of this book are rather expensive...

"Paul Curry Presents" is available at lybrary.com: https://www.lybrary.com/paul-curry-presents-p-922383.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » A Swindle of Sorts by Paul Curry (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL