The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Let's talk about Penomenon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mel
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of mel
First of all, just wanna say, I'm glad to be back ! Smile

I know this trick has been talked about for quite sometime, but I just want to...justify my purchase Smile

I Know there have been some really BAD reviews on it, but personally, I feel it was 20 bucks well spent! Now why?

Now (since it's been said what's in the package...on other topics), I would've been mad if someone sent this to me, and I have to figure out how it works at first. I (yes, pesonally) feel the preparation and method taught was ok another was good, BUT...is it the best? All of people hate this trick because of the way this trick is execute.

Like all magic tricks/items, the best method is YOUR own method. Magic is not a 'one way thing' Smile , you can improvise and perform it the way YOU want.

Now, I bought mine from a local shop, which I prefer for packet tricks. The reason that made me buy was the guy offered to teach me how it's being done PROPERLY, and the best way to do it, not found anywhere else. Smile

I bought it, and without even looking at the manuscript, I was able to perform, in the fastest and best way there is. Smile So, as not to disclose too much of this FANTASTIC, UNBELIEVABLE and .......trick, I just wanna tell those who bought this trick to take it out, and look at it in a different angle. I really wished I could tell you more on this, but...

For those who wanna check this out, try those magic shops, and hopefully they can teach you once you buy it.

Sorry for the LONG post Smile , but my point is, whatever you've buy, it's not all that bad, perhaps you might wanna take some of that idea and put it in your own routine, try to be creative, and not always "go by the rules". ThanX Smile

RgS,
MeL
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1638 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
I do it with a drinking straw and it spins no less than four time. Smile

Just remove the top and bottom of a Bic round stick pen and fix them on a straw to make it look like a pen.

I don't even need the EM Pocket Charger Smile
Rival11
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Rival11
Mel,

I think most people (including myself) don't like this trick because of the "start." I definitely agree with you on the fact that you should make things your own - that is the number one rule in my opinion when buying any new effect, but I think this trick could have been made a lot better - but hey, if it's your thing - roll with it!!!!
"Don't ever think you're better than everyone else because if you do, we will prove you wrong"
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 52: Penomenon – J. Mirage

AD:
You place an ordinary pen on the edge of a table or flat surface. You show your hands to be completely empty free of any magnets or strings. Then you can cause the pen to swivel left or right without touching it! The pen can even be made to spin in a circle. You can move the pen fast or slow. The pen is apparently under your complete control, and everything may be closely examined at any time!
No Threads, Magnets, Weights, Blowing
Nothing is attached to the pen

REVIEW:

An age-old principle, already explained in classic texts. You get a regular Paper-Mate, and a piece of paper briefly describing a method a 10-year old will know. Some may want to explain the trick to the audience, before using a loop or a PK pen...

Overall rating: weak

H.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2725 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Please read my response to HN's review of the EM Pocket Charger for my more extensive comments. I just want to quickly address Harvey's comment, "An age-old principle, already explained in classic texts. You get a regular Paper-Mate, and a piece of paper briefly describing a method a 10-year old will know."

As I said in my other post, yes it is an age old principle but Penomenon's inventor deserves our gratitude for discovering it can be applied to one of the most ubiquitous pens around. As for the method being something a ten year old will know, many of our principles might fall into this category when broken down into their basics but that doesn't make them any less effective when cloaked in a proper presentation.

I have found Penomenon to effectively entertain, and fool, people of all ages. The fact that someone can try to replicate the effect and they won't be able to enhances the impact. As does the fact that you can present it so that it is the participant's "powers" that cause the movement if you so choose. Enuf said.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of tdowell
This is an overpriced manuscript for a principal that is well known and described in other texts. Why even throw in the pen? I wasn't satisfied with this for the cost, but that's not uncommon in this field.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2725 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
tdowell said, "Why even throw in the pen?"

I think there would have been a lot less complaining if it had simply been marketed as a manuscript w/o any pen. I truly believe that by including a pen it had the psychological effect of people feeling they had been ripped off because they didn't get the "latest gimmick."

I agree it is a well known principal. But did anyone know it could be applied to a pen?
There is a big difference, in terms of impact on the audience, of moving a pen vs. a swizzle stick or straw.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Let's talk about Penomenon (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL