The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Spritz Switch/The Paper Dollar by Lonnie Chevrie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
The Spritz Switch/The Paper Dollar
http://www.kozmomagic.com

The Official Spam:

Quote:
One dollar morphs into a one hundred dollar bill! & Change a blank piece of paper into money!

~Visual
~Stunning!
~Easy-To-Do!

Running Time Approximately 50min

Kozmo Magic:

Ted Brainard, also known as Kozmo, has been making a name for himself in the magic community. With his top-selling Reel Magic Magazine, to his wonderfully produced DVDs, he setting a new standard for magic production. He has a knack for finding the top magicians in the industry, people including Eric Jones, Justin Miller, Paul Green, Chris Capehart, Cellini, and MORE. His DVDs don't cost much, which is a HUGE surprise considering the amazing production work.

The Effect--The Spritz Switch:

The magician shows a one dollar bill, which he took from his coin purse. He shows it cleanly, and opens it fully. He blows on the bill, and it visually morphs into a 100 dollar bill! The 100 dollar bill is put away, with the magician smiling.

The Effect--The Paper Dollar:

The magician cleanly shows a piece of paper the same size as a dollar bill on both sides. His hands are also shown empty. He starts to fold the paper, and when it is open it's a 100 dollar bill. This bill is shown cleanly on both sides and the hands are again shown empty!

Production:

This is one of those DVDs that when I look at it, I smile. Let's start off with the DVD cover. The DVD cover is clever, and something I've never seen done before. What Kozmo and crew did was make each side of the DVD case a separate trick, giving the appearance of two DVDs merged into one. It's very intiguing! Kozmo also made the DVD case half as thick as normal DVD cases, which is also the case for many of his other releases. When you put this into your DVD player, it's very well organized. I had no trouble locating anything. There is a live performance, then a studio performance, followed by the explanation for each trick. The credits also include bloopers. I enjoyed the bloopers very much.

My Thoughts--The Spritz Switch

I've always liked the Juan Pablo switch. I've tried it a few times, but always stuck to different switches. In Lonnie's first DVD set, Outlaw Magic, he presented a handling for the switch which he called Grandpa's Dollar. What he has done here is cleaned it up, making it much more effective, and much more efficient. In the switch, he has motivation for every aspect. I'm not going to give it away, but the idea is genius. The switch is also very visual, and spectators will not see it coming. The full bill changes, not just a folded portion. A very good change, easy to do, and looks great!

My Thoughts--The Paper Dollar:

This was originally published in John Lovick's Switch. It's a very nice change, but my predilection leans toward The Spritz Switch. It looks great, but does not have the same motivation as the other. It is very practical, and is easy to do. It does require a standard magic item, which most of you will have. If you don't have one, any good magic shop will have them, and they aren't to expensive. Overall, it's good, but not the best.

Overall:

I really enjoyed this DVD, from the production aspect and the magic aspect. For the rating, I am going to give this an 9/10. I really liked The Spritz Switch, but The Paper Dollar was just okay. If you are thinking about buying this DVD but can't decide, I would say buy it. The Spritz Switch made it money well spent, and The Paper Dollar was a nice added bonus. For $20, you can't go wrong. Remember, pick it up HERE!

Also while you're at it, check out all the other products from Lonnie Chevrie and other various artists:
http://www.kozmomagic.com

Jeff
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Dear jeff ...
I've juan hundred dollar bill switch dvd - by Mc Kenzie ...
For the spritz switch is it the same handling?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I was wondering the same... because I can't see a difference
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Sorry for the late response. This is different in handling, much better in my opinion.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2008-11-16 17:18, magicman4646 wrote:
Sorry for the late response. This is different in handling, much better in my opinion.

Different handling, is that it? It looks good just as the Juan Hundred did. Is it worth it to get the DVD with this handling?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I liked this, and I will start using it. Different handling, brilliant presentation, and very justified. You'll have to see it to really understand what I am saying. For $20, I think this is a steal.
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
I have a DVD "Juan hundred dollar bill switch - by McKenzie".

Does The Spritz Switch use a TT?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
No it does not.
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Thanks, Jeff.
I always love Juan Pablo's switch variants.
Is The Spritz Switch end clean? ie. Can I hand a switched bill to a spec in the end?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
You can hand out the bill, I wouldn't though. This routine is well structured as it is.
Jay Elf
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Jay Elf
Thanks again, Jeff. I'm interested.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
You're welcome. If you pick this up, you won't be disappointed.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I have to disagree with most of the reviews. I do not care for this. I do not like that you use your own bill for the change, and then put the bill away. Of course, you could let them handle a $100 bill, but you might not get it back. It also does not easily reset. Which in my world, means this will sit in a drawer. Also, when I watched the demo, I immediately guessed the method. It's clever, and would almost certainly fool laymen, but I need more out of a product than that. I'll stick with my TT handling.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
These are my thoughts:

Why would you change the bill back? The presentation justifies this and who would really want to lose $99? Borrow a bill? Personally, I wouldn't. If I changed it into a 100 they would want it back, because technically it is theirs. You're a magician, no surprise you guessed the method...
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
When I do the bill switch, sometimes I give it back, sometimes not. Depends on the situation and what it's changed into. One of the most logical handlings is Scotty York's Change for a twenty. Where you do the change once, and that's it. Many routines and scripts need you to change it back. Most often now, I use Marc Desouza's Picasso Bill routine or Doc Dixon's Card and Cash. But regardless, it's always done with a borrowed bill. To me, and most laymen, that would be the real selling point.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Personally, I think Lonnie's presentation makes the audience forget about the dollar bill being borrowed. Also, the magic you are performing also makes them forget. For example, when you do Extreme Burn, or any other variant of Easy Money, you do not borrow the bills. The audience still thinks that it is astonishing, though it is done with your own bills.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
To be quite honest I didn't see the difference between this and the original Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch...they looked the same to me. Wasn't really all that impressed with it.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Yeah, but in Extreme Burn, Heiny, the bills can be handed out right before and after.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I'm with Pepka here. The effect is very visual...but not as practical as the standard bill switch. I borrow a high denomination bill and change it into a one...which leads to a lot of comedy by-play. Of course I have a reason to switch it back to the borrowed bill...which leaves me reset for the next group.

I also do some gaffed bill routines and always follow it up by borrowing a bill and doing the switch....which in my opinion, strengthens the first effects using the gaffed bills. Borrowing money and then altering it with "magic" is definitely stronger than using your own money.

Rich B.
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
Quote:
On 2008-11-19 01:16, pepka wrote:
Yeah, but in Extreme Burn, Heiny, the bills can be handed out right before and after.
which actually can be done with the spritz switch. no gimmicks in any way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Spritz Switch/The Paper Dollar by Lonnie Chevrie (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL