The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carte Blanche by Paolo Cavalli (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Carte Blanche

The Mentalist shows a stack of index cards; on each card there is a request to merely think of something.

On cards, which are freely shown to people, there are categories but not specific requests (as in - think of a city - and not think of Paris)...

So, it could be a color, an animal, an hour of the day, the name of a famous fiction writer, any city in the world, any musical instrument… anything goes!

Three people are invited to participate in an experiment of “thought-projection” and each one takes a seat.

Now the stack of cards is randomly cut once or twice by the Mentalist and then, to further randomize things, is cut once or twice more by participants.

Each participant in sequence now picks up a card and secretly read what they are asked to merely think about (again, it could be anything at all, from a city to a geometrical shape, to a carpenter’s tool!)

The Mentalist states that he receives mixed impressions but he also gets some feeling about living matter coming from one of the people, as if one person only is thinking of something living, perhaps an animal or a person.

He tells that person to stand up to better “isolate” their “thought-fields” from the others. He then proceeds to correctly receive the thought from that person.

Another person now is invited to focus on their thought and this too is correctly picked up by the Mentalist.

Now it’s the third participant’s turn to focus and project, but the Mentalist picks up they are thinking of some geometrical shape thus he decides to try to replicate on paper what he’s getting.

When the Mentalist is committed to his drawing, the third participant is asked to sketch what he/she is thinking, on another big pad, and when the two drawings are displayed to the audience, they match!

I'm going to be temporarily crazy, once again...

But not that crazy!

I will send a free copy of one of my parlor / stage routines for free (!) for a limited time of 12 hours to serious people who take the time to mail me.

However, this time, as I've said... I'm not going to be that crazy...

So, I prefer to send this routine to people who have some good spectator management skills and are comfortable in playing with a little Dual Reality (among other methods, all clearly explained in the .pdf file)

I don't want be sending this people who are not interested in this product (swine to pigs?) or who are only interested in the secret.

So I will be free to check, whereas possible, that you are actually a performing mentalist, not a secret-seeker wannabe.

I would like to give this routine to people I believe will benefit from MY work, hence I reserve the right not to send it to whom I don't believe will use it or benefit from it (Thanks Tony Eye for showing me the way! Smile )

After the above 12 hours - all the people still wanting to get it, will have to buy it.

And luckily for some of you - it will again be in the low price series...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
E-mail Sent
human
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of human
Same here.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Yo tambien!

Sean
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Paolo Cavalli is da man

Improving mentalism is his plan

A true champion of the art

His methods are beyond smart

... hmm...I had a channeling of Dynamikalism!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
I have read this and it is typical Paolo...lots of powerful mentalism supported by an incredibly simple method. The performer is given plenty of room to script this presentation however desired, but Paolo is careful to provide important theatrical tips that add the perfect amount of credibility to this experiment.

A little study, a bit of practice, some scripting and rehearsal time thrown in...and Paolo's latest contribution will be a key part of any show in no time at all.

Thank you for this, P.

Warm regards,
Mick Ayres
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Agree with Mr. Ayres. Just got this: Excellent !!

I'm speechless. This is genius in action with some paper and a writing instrument. nothing else needed.

Am I the first to notice that something like that could be a lifesaver if airlines lose your baggage of tricks??

A box of index cards and a pen: you are ready to blow an audience big time!!
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Office Depot. The supply store of choice for the mentalist.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've inquired Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Email sent also, but not received yet, very much looking forward to it Smile
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Wow great news...just send an email Smile

Kind regards
Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I haven't received mine

Maybe Paolo and Dark Lord Sauron still in their journey to Mount Doom in the land of Mordor
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Hey Paolo:

I'm looking for your email. I'm at work now, so I don't know if I have it. I'm very interested in this. Tony Eye can vouch for me as a performer, although I do have a day job.

Magickally,

Dave Birtwell
gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
You're too kind for the members of the Café! Looking forward to reading some of the reviews.
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Paolo - found your email ... I tried to remove my post but it was too late.

Dave
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Ahem! Smile

-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2008-11-11 12:56, TT2 wrote:
Ahem! Smile

-J

Jerome, you are always in!

Don't need for you to post here... That is a given! Smile

All of you - stop mailing me, please!

I got more than 70 requests which I am checking and processing. Not all of you may qualify, but I was upfront in saying that, in my first post!

Time is up!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1191 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
Here's hoping I made the cut.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Lol I hope I made the cut
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
If you didn't I suggest you buy these marvellous gem from the maestro of mentalism... it will be worth it!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Carte Blanche by Paolo Cavalli (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL