The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Rap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
So I went into Hocus-Pocus to pick some items up today and ran into Tim Wisseman (Creator of Butcher's Blade and Dead Ringer). He and Paul Gross told me that ghosts not only could ring bells but knock as well. Tim knocked three times on a desk, and a knock from somewhere knocked back three times. I looked all around and had no idea where it was coming from. Tim stared balefully, and still as stone, at me as the knocks answered his calling so it appears that now, not only will the dead ring bells on command, but knock as well. I believe it is available now on the Hocus Pocus site. It was fun to see in person. Tim also did a demo of Butcher's Blade for me. Creepy stuff! -Matt
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2446 Posts

Profile of lunatik
It sounds really interesting! kinda like Real Ghost?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"

What is the mental malfunction that some people suffer from that compels them to demand being able to kill the most vulnerable and innocent members of the human race? What kind of society champions the killing of nascent human life rather than demanding that adults behave responsibly?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA
4066 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Aren't they similar items Smile

Remote Controlled Haunting Box is like an open box item - you know exactly what you will be getting. But for the Real Ghost . . . . Hmmm!!!

Smile
INDIA - THE LAND OF MAGIC - WHERE REAL MAGIC HAPPENS.

MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

This product is not the same as Real Ghost.

Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA
4066 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Paul, Thank you.

Sorry it was a typo - I meant Dead Rap & NOT Real Ghost. My bad. Smile

No doubt that the creator, Tim Wisseman's product are a class in themselves. However it would be nice if one can see (if possible) a few pics & a demo vid of the prop.

Both props do the same thing – Who’s there! Who’s there!! . . . . Knock! Knock!! Knock!!! Smile Smile

I liked Tim's Dead Ringer. Very nicely made prop. Smile

Thanks!

Smile
Correction: In my above post,

For: But for the Real Ghost . . . . Hmmm!!!

Please Read: But for the Dead Rap . . . . Hmmm!!!

Thanks.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
971 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On 2008-11-15 01:53, Ustaad wrote:
Paul, Thank you.

Sorry it was a typo - I meant Dead Rap & NOT Real Ghost. My bad. Smile

No doubt that the creator, Tim Wisseman's product are a class in themselves. However it would be nice if one can see (if possible) a few pics & a demo vid of the prop.

Both props do the same thing – Who’s there! Who’s there!! . . . . Knock! Knock!! Knock!!! Smile Smile

I liked Tim's Dead Ringer. Very nicely made prop. Smile

Thanks!

Smile
Correction: In my above post,

For: But for the Real Ghost . . . . Hmmm!!!

Please Read: But for the Dead Rap . . . . Hmmm!!!

Thanks.

Agree that Dead Ringer is absolutely a first class prop. I am thankful that Tim is manufacturing and releasing some inspiring items at the moment.

Keep it up Tim, we appreciate your excellent craftsmanship. Smile

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker Dip F.P, B.Mus.Ed
<BR>"Stranger than fiction!"
<BR>An unforgettable experience
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
Fresno
242 Posts

Profile of cocomax
The best way to discribe dead rap is by saying the device is 7" X 4" X 1" in size, it is suppose to be hidden, we provide something to hide it in. It is a remote controled "pile driver" that hammers any surface that it is placed on.

I own a "real ghost" myself (and I love it), and they are not at all the same type of device.

Tim
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA
4066 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-11-15 10:32, cocomax wrote:
I own a "real ghost" myself (and I love it), and they are not at all the same type of device.

I too own the 'Real Ghost'.

My query has been:-

Isn't the Remote Controlled Haunting Box (known as the Spectre) and 'Dead Rap' the same type of device? I think both props do the same thing – . . . Knock! Knock!! Knock!!! Smile Smile

Hope that clarifies my very first post on the subject. I do understand that for some reason my query is being diverted. Smile

Good luck to you & your product.

Smile

The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
HI,

I don't mean to jump on another products thread, but since you asked I can tell you a little about mine; -SPECTRE-.

Spectre is a rc spirit knocking device. They are hand crafted in a wood case one at a time, are quite loud, very covert, and very neat in design with your choice of wood finish. There is a web site of info with lots of pictures and questions answered. Root around I think you'll like the site.
http://www.wizardsmachine.com

Best to all,
Wizard.
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
Fresno
242 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Dead Rap does not have a box like the SPECTRE. I have no idea what is inside of the SPECTRE. All that I know is that is a box that uses a lot of batteries and makes rapping sounds.

Dead Rap is also a rapping machine, it makes a sound about as loud as a D size battery dropped from a height of 8 inches. It is a remote control mini "pile driver" that hammers what ever surface it is over. It hammers over and over again at your command.

I had planned on releasing the Dead Rap effect before Holloween but the huge demand for Dead Ringers got in the way. So this one had to wait until after Nov 1, to ramp up production of Dead Rap. I have over 10 new items in the pipe line right now, many of them are being used by some of the big names in the haunting and bizarre world right now, they are being fine tuned and testing in live shows and being improved. There is a underground group of people that I make things for that you never hear about.

For example, one effect that I really wanted to release has been my EVP effect that uses any recording device that is under full control of the spectators at all times, right now that is just an underground item.

There is an underground PSI Wheel effect that I made, that I have been thinking about releasing to the magic world.

It is really odd that Spectre came out at about the same time that Dead Rap was about to roll out and announced in the Dead Ringer thread of all places.

The Dead Rap effect begins shipping Monday and the orders pouring into Hocus-Pocus. If you are not in any way happy with the Dead Rap you can return it for a full refund.

Not one of the over 100 Dead Ringers sold was returned for a refund. . .

If anything goes wrong with any of my devices, I will fix it for you, for free. It is very rare that I need to fix something, but it happens once in a while.

Does the inside of Spectre look like Dead Rap? I have no idea, you will just have to buy them both and take a look inside to know for sure.

Do they both do the same thing? It sounds like it.

Which is better? I have no idea.

Tim
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
Fresno
242 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Dead Rap is also an RC rapping device.

Tim
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
If it's anything like Dead Ringer, I am sure Dead rap is terrific.

My product SPECTRE has wowed & literally freaked out a whole bunch of folks in it's trials.

Tim said in the above thread that you need to buy both and see how you like them.
I would suggest that everyone buy 10 of each, then see how you like them. :O
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
3616 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Insert your own knock knock joke Smile

But seriously...Both sound like much needed products!
Clandestine Dark Arts Media
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
Fresno
242 Posts

Profile of cocomax
By the way, Dead Rap uses a To* Sw**** to control the device, so it is 100% hands free.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Inner circle
The frosty North
9189 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey coco, between the Spirit Telegraph, The Dead Ringer and now this, I'll need to grow a 3rd foot Smile ha!

Or learn to play piano with my feet Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"

www.carcosa-collection.com
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
Fresno
242 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Spirit Telegraph and Dead Ringer use the same channel, so one toe will control them both. . . Dead Rap is on a different channel so we are still at a count of 2 feet.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

There has been some questions as to how the Dead Rap device is hidden. I'll give you a clue. It's hidden in something that you would find in a "library". We decided this would be the best way to disguise the gimmick and allow you to use it in any room without detection. It can be easily removed from it's hiding place if desired and hidden out of sight if you prefer.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

Marqus
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Marqus
You guys are killin' me with all of these great seance products!!!

I am posting with a possible concern though.

I'm wondering if the following situation would be something to worry about:

Say I'm performing a seance in someone's home & I trigger the DEAD RAP. Should I worry that one of the sitters at the table might get up and try to find where the rapping is coming from & then expose the source?

I'm sure audience management skills come into play here as in the "if anyone leaves the table . . . " disclaimer.

Getting back to the question, should it be a worry or concern?

This product sounds terrific. I almost bought DAED RINGER. I'm glad I procrastinated. I can't afford both.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Marqus,

If you use Dead Rap in a seance setting I doubt that your spectators would be able to discern where the rapping is coming from.

Tim and I set this up in my office which is not that large an area. We did it several times during the day with different people sitting in and no one was able to tell where the sound "Rapping" was coming from even though it was just several feet away from where they were sitting.

By the way this is a great add on to our Dead Ringer or Spirit Telegraph effect. Please, always feel free to contact me directly at Hocus Pocus Toll Free 1-800-407-4040 or by email at sales@hocus-pocus.com if you need further details or information regarding this or any other product.

Best regards,
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

Marqus
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Paul,

Thanks for the quick answers. I hope to order one of these items soon.
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
When Tim first performed this for me, I had no idea where the Rap was coming from. That was in Paul's office. I can imagine how much more covert it will be in a larger room. It will not be found. -Matt
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1284 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Having purchased both Dead Ringer and Spirit Telegraph - I would only expect the very best from this new product. I will most definitely be picking it up - once I save up enough after just purchasing my "Three No Evil" and White Star from Hocus Pocus. Tim's stuff has been first class all the way and I have used both of the aforementioned products (Telegraph in several shows during October/November and Ringer on Halloween repeatedly for large groups in my house - both have gotten great reactions from said audiences.)

I"m glad to hear this one is a different frequency as well! I can only imagine the power of combining these together with some outlaw effects!

Chad
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of marknem7
I'm thinking of placing this in my crawl-space attic on a joist or the drywall immediately above my dining room (seance) table. Is the device strong enough, do you think, to produce a very loud thump? A somewhat loud thump? Or more the volume of a tap?
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Marknem7,

The sound produced depends on the surface you set the Dead Rap device on. We have experimented with it here on several different surfaces and the sound definately varies. It seems that the harder the surface the louder the rapping is. I hope that this was helpful.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Thanks Paul. I just received a PM from Tim himself with this intriguing idea, which I don't think he'd mind me sharing:

"What I would do would be to clamp a board to an attic joist (board going up and down) and then clamp the dead rap to the board so that the dead rap can pound on the joist and make a huge noise. If it was just hammering on dry wall it will not be as loud."
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
809 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
I must get one of these !
Anyone have anymore storys or reviews of Dead Rap?
Will it work off the same remote as the dead ringer?

Steve
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
Fresno
242 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Dead rap and dead ringer use different channels, so that you can use them both indepently.

It is always nice to top off a spooky spirit bell session with a few unexplained very loud knocks. . . . from the next room. . .

Tim
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
809 Posts

Tim, if I purchase Dead Rap is it possible to code the channels so that both Ringer and Rap could be controled from just the one remote? - I am running out of fingers and toes!
I notice that my Ringer has a couple of unused buttons on the remote that may fit that purpose.

Onto a different direction now. I just bought something that might work as a useful alternative at the local hardware store (in UK B&Q). Its a wireless digital door bell/chime that can be recorded with any sounds, music, voices, screams!
heres a link to a similar product to mine;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48879&C=20369

Steve
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
Fresno
242 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Those extra buttons will control the Dead Rap, button C is Dead Rap and button A is Dead Ringer.

Tim
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
809 Posts

Anyone using this Dead Rap yet? - what are your thoughts on it?

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Rap (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.397201 seconds, requiring 98 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [3] [5] [3] [8] [0] [0] [8]