The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Rap (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
When Tim first performed this for me, I had no idea where the Rap was coming from. That was in Paul's office. I can imagine how much more covert it will be in a larger room. It will not be found. -Matt
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Having purchased both Dead Ringer and Spirit Telegraph - I would only expect the very best from this new product. I will most definitely be picking it up - once I save up enough after just purchasing my "Three No Evil" and White Star from Hocus Pocus. Tim's stuff has been first class all the way and I have used both of the aforementioned products (Telegraph in several shows during October/November and Ringer on Halloween repeatedly for large groups in my house - both have gotten great reactions from said audiences.)

I"m glad to hear this one is a different frequency as well! I can only imagine the power of combining these together with some outlaw effects!

Chad
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
I'm thinking of placing this in my crawl-space attic on a joist or the drywall immediately above my dining room (seance) table. Is the device strong enough, do you think, to produce a very loud thump? A somewhat loud thump? Or more the volume of a tap?
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Marknem7,

The sound produced depends on the surface you set the Dead Rap device on. We have experimented with it here on several different surfaces and the sound definately varies. It seems that the harder the surface the louder the rapping is. I hope that this was helpful.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Thanks Paul. I just received a PM from Tim himself with this intriguing idea, which I don't think he'd mind me sharing:

"What I would do would be to clamp a board to an attic joist (board going up and down) and then clamp the dead rap to the board so that the dead rap can pound on the joist and make a huge noise. If it was just hammering on dry wall it will not be as loud."
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
I must get one of these !
Anyone have anymore storys or reviews of Dead Rap?
Will it work off the same remote as the dead ringer?

Steve
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Dead rap and dead ringer use different channels, so that you can use them both indepently.

It is always nice to top off a spooky spirit bell session with a few unexplained very loud knocks. . . . from the next room. . .

Tim
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Tim, if I purchase Dead Rap is it possible to code the channels so that both Ringer and Rap could be controled from just the one remote? - I am running out of fingers and toes!
I notice that my Ringer has a couple of unused buttons on the remote that may fit that purpose.

Onto a different direction now. I just bought something that might work as a useful alternative at the local hardware store (in UK B&Q). Its a wireless digital door bell/chime that can be recorded with any sounds, music, voices, screams!
heres a link to a similar product to mine;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48879&C=20369

Steve
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Those extra buttons will control the Dead Rap, button C is Dead Rap and button A is Dead Ringer.

Tim
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Anyone using this Dead Rap yet? - what are your thoughts on it?

Steve
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Nobody willing to tell on Dead Rap? -i want to buy one, but not till I have more info.
Is it very effective?

Steve
Megatron8
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Megatron8
A friend of mine owns it.
And I played with it for a while.
It is absolutely great. It works very reliable.
And for bizzare magic, story telling etc. it's perfect.
I tested it with 'reale' people. Great reactions.
I will order one for me.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I found a review on this website
http://crisjohnsontricktalk.blogspot.com......man.html

Here's an excerpt:
"Despite all the good things I have to say about Tim and his creations, I feel Dead Rap is slightly off the mark. While it’s reliable and well-built, I feel it has one flaw: whenever I trigger my device, right before the rap, I can hear (as loud as can be) an electronic triggering of a relay. This sounds like a sharp click. (For many years I installed car alarms and electronic door locks in cars, so I am very familiar with this kind of technology.)

To me, this clicking noise before the actual rap really takes away from the effect. Granted, I know most other people are not going to be familiar with the electronic clicking of relays and their origin, but even without knowing WHAT it is, to their subconscious minds it will sound familiar and once it sounds familiar, it’s not going to be spooky but rather a curiosity."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Dead Rap (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL