The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Tricks Involving A Stack (Non-Memorized Deck Work) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bumbleface
View Profile
Elite user
434 Posts

Profile of bumbleface
Do any of you have favorite tricks involving a stack that doesn't involve memorized deck work? Personally, I like Stewart James stuff, Phil Golstein's Abacus, and Lennart Green's Fractal trick. Any thoughts? How about tricks that used to need a stack but turned impromptu. Those are great, too. Smile
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Simon Aronsons book, Try the Impossible, uses his stack, but for tricks that don't involve memorizing the stack. But if you are using something like the Aronson stack I think it's wise to memorize it anyway. That way if one accidentally gets out of place in performance you know where it goes.
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
In Simply Simon there's a neat trick called Double Lazy that doesn't use a memorized stack.
But if you take the effort to learn one, you can do Everybody's Lazy from the same book. And that one's really cool!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The various algorithmic stacks allow you to do many "memorized deck" effects without actually having to memorize the deck. You can't do all of them, as for some you really do need to have done the memory work; for many, though, an algorithmic solution is more than adequate.

There's something of a discussion of this topic in my essay on full-deck stacks.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Jgriff
View Profile
Regular user
Milwaukee, WI
144 Posts

Profile of Jgriff
My favorite Stacked Deck effect (not memorized) is still "Sam the Bellhop". Now that I think about it, it probably is memorized because you have to tell the story.

Anyways, I kinda like topsy turvy aces that uses a nine card stack on the top of the deck. There are also some stacks I use for my gambling demonstration.
Jeremy Griffin
"Rough and Smooth Forever" - Jay Sankey
Ricky B
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
172 Posts

Profile of Ricky B
Play It Straight Triumph by John Bannon.

--Rick
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Another vote for Play It Straight Triumph by John Bannon. I also like Sam the Bellop, but I don't use that trick at all. Smile
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
I like to tip my hat to Stewart James' Robot Deck. Poker, blackjack, bridge deal, spelling to two selceted cards, mentalism. All with in one stack.Very ingenious.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Tricks Involving A Stack (Non-Memorized Deck Work) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL