The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Yellow-backed Bikes... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
I just thought I'd mention this in case anyone finds it interesting... A few months back I found some "yellow-backed" bicycles online... Not the "yellow decks" where the faces of the cards are also in a rather vile-looking yellow, but these had normal bicycle fronts and yellow backs. However, when they showed up I was very disappointed because the backs are such a pale yellow that it's a complete eyesore, you can barely see the printing and can't make out the details at all. The case is the same way. And they weren't particularly cheap, adding to my disappointment. They soon ended up in a stack of other decks in my bookcase. Why they were printed that way I don't know... I assumed it wasn't the look they were really going for.

So, last night I happened to be walking through the room with a little black light just to see if anything surprising would flouresce, and that box of cards stood out like a sore thumb. I took the cards out of the box and sure enough under black light those yellow backs really pop. To be clear, a lot of times white paper will show up brightly under black light, but that's not what I'm describing here... the yellow was popping out like neon. Maybe that's the whole purpose behind these cards but they weren't marketed in that manner. I thought I might share this in case anyone else had purchased some of these only to toss them in a drawer in disappointment. If any of you ever perform in a black-light environment you might really enjoy the look of these cards.

Out in broad daylight though, they'll probably give you a headache if you try to make out the detail on the backs. Smile
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Thanks for sharing this tidbit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Yellow-backed Bikes... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL