The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Jason England on the bottom deal (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I checked out the 1 on 1 over at theory 11 with Jason England going over the bottom deal. That guy is great. Very detailed and informative video. He goes over the basic grips that you should start out with, because it's these grips that help you develop the basis for a very deceptive bottom deal down the road. He then teaces his handling of the bottom deal, the one he currently uses. And I gotta tell you, it's probably one of the best bottom deals I have ever witnessed. THis guy is a freak! He goes over different grips, angles, subtleties, push outs, strikes, and even some other great sources to check out their work on the bottom deal.

Overall, if your even just a little interested in learning the bottom deal get this. I know there is tons of books and dvd's that teach this, but learning from Mr. England you'll have no questions when your done with the lesson. Expect the same quality as the strike second video which was also great Smile

Even if you think your bottom deal is great, you won't regret getting this video. YOu'll be humbled in the process as well, I promise. I've been fascinated with the bottom deal for years, and just wanna say this was THE most useful information I have seen since I started learning the deal. Two thumbs up.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Forgot to put a link
http://www.theory11.com/1on1/
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Definitely interested in Mr England's work....
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
They (T11) have this as INTERMEDIATE in difficulty level! Any comments?
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Ã…land, Finland
621 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
IMO, the bottom deal is one of the most difficult sleights I have ever tried, to perfect. It is right up there with table faros and center deals for me.

Kim
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of magician8
I agree; easy to perform but incredibly hard to perfect.

MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
That's what I thought! I haven't really even started working on bottoms yet but what I've read and seen on vids it looks pretty difficult! I assume that T11 says intermediate for marketing purposes as I can't see Jason calling it anything but what it is!
I am gonna download this since I do plan to study the sleight and I've always heard good about JE's work!

Thanks for the opinions guys,

Mick
maturpia
View Profile
Regular user
Paradise City
142 Posts

Profile of maturpia
From what I've seen from the trailer the work looks wonderful.The same for the push-trough.
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Jason was going to produce a manuscript on the bottom deal following his excellent Second Thoughts notes on the second deal. T11 has clearly surplanted that and the work look outstanding. Well done to Jason England.

Regards,

Paul
onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
Jason!

Why did you make the decision on making several video's instead of one video on several moves?

All in all, looks great!

popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
They can make one DVD and take 35$ for it, or can post separate videos and take 10$ or more $ each time.
But anyway, great videos. I hope that one day we will see some of Fulves Riffle books on DVD Smile
maturpia
View Profile
Regular user
Paradise City
142 Posts

Profile of maturpia
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 12:54, popcalinda wrote:
...I hope that one day we will see some of Fulves Riffle books on DVD Smile

Jason,did you heard ?
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
Brilliant download worth every penny in fact it's worth a lot more than that my favourite is the strike mechanics grip however it's proving very difficult

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
You guys remember Shade?

A.
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Anything By Jason Rocks!!! He teaches what he knows and he knows it WELL!!! Worth the $$$ mabee even double....

j
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
His bottom deal is great but nothing really new in this 1 on 1. Everything has been taught elsewhere.
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
Hi "in flames",

I'm not sure about the tone in which you wrote your statement, but I feel compelled to at least explain why I think this might be $15.00 well spent.

I don't think anyone can or will dispute your statement, all this material has been presented before....... in about 100 different publications.

I just spent about twenty minutes looking for all the bottom dealing references I have and and have come up with about $1300.00 worth of material that has some aspect of Bottom Dealing.

What makes this eloquent presentation by Mr. England unique is the composition of four major grips rather than just the preferred grip of the authors of the all the other material to which you are referring.

One of the biggest "secrets" Mr. England discusses in his tutorial is his use of the corner to corner pressure display wherein the deck is held exclusively with the thumb and finger, that's only mentioned in passing in "Erdnase" and I'm sure Marlo* has some work on this esoteric finesse, Mr. England believes this to be a major key in becoming a Bottom Dealing expert.

For me, the bottom line is: for an intermediate card man this is a valuable resource, for the beginner, it would be just downright silly not to have this offering from Jason England in your library.

This is a compilation of what one of the best card men in the world has learned about bottom dealing in a clear concise format. In all candor, this could save a beginner hundreds and hundreds of hours by eliminating that which isn't needed to become an expert.

Dave

* I can't find a Marlo reference, but I'm sure it's there somewhere!
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Dave,

Thanks for the kind words. I can see "in flames" point in the broad sense, but I'm glad you stepped in to clarify the video's strengths. Saved me the trouble.

I also appreciate your comment regarding beginners. That's who the video was designed for, naturally. The more you know about bottom deals, the less likely you are to learn anything new from any source. In Flames is a regular around here, and although I don't know him, he likely knows more than the average bear about these sorts of things.

Jason

PS: Regarding Marlo, look in Seconds, Centers and Bottoms, on page 7. Figure 1 shows the two contact points and Marlo discusses the concept of diagonal pressure in the paragraphs immediately surrounding that illustration, though you sometimes have to read between the lines just a bit. From just above Fig. 1:

"...opposite diagonal corners of the deck will be gripped..."
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
awimagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of awimagic
Quote:
On 2008-12-10 01:25, Dave Egleston wrote:
In all candor, this could save a beginner hundreds and hundreds of hours by eliminating that which isn't needed to become an expert.

That should be a major consideration while creating a video of this nature. I sincerely hope that the video in question has met this criterion. And keeping in mind the earlier posts by JE on the T11 video releases I am quite sure of this.

But Jason don't you ever hold something back ?
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
Dave,

Marlo's reference can be found In Seconds, center's and bottoms. Under master grip which also follows the bottom deal. pg. 7-11. You also can find A reference in Marlo mint vol.1. Like Dave said you can spend a lot of money and search on your own, hoping you can dial in the bottom deal for your self, or you can buy Mr. England's video which will probably help in get the feel fast and quicker.

Note* The Marlo references do not go into any detail pertaining to the corner to corner pressure but there is a pic (fig.1 I believe) and it also mentions that this is what you should do.

So go buy England's goods.
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Jason England on the bottom deal (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL