The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Duct Tape Jayhawk... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
After the win over Missouri, I made a simple sock base and Red/Blue/Yellow Duct Tape Jayhawk puppet.

After using it a few times, I noticed the tube (neck of the bird)has become smaller and more difficult to get over my arm. I am guessing some of you puppet makers can come up with a simple solution for Duct Tape Puppet 2, 3 and 4....

Things I have thought of cut a piece of cardboard tubing in half, use of someone with a bigger arm than I have....stuffing a sock to make it bigger before covering with duct tape....and then removing the stuffing..(why am I thinking of all the Turkey I ate last week)

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Harris,
Sounds like the puppet fit, then shrunk. If that is the case, I'd suggest getting a piece of PVC or heavy mailing tube slightly thicker than your arm. Make the puppet around that - then store the puppet on the tube between uses. That way you can keep it stretched out.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Excellent Idea, putting the sock on the form, add the duct tape..and store it and transport it on the form...

Tom thanks for sharing it....
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Another way to really stretch the sock would be to make sure the sock is wet when you pull it down over the tube. Let it dry, then start making the puppet.

Being the rather "big" guy that I am (LOL!), I have done this with some T-shirts that were given to me, but were a size smaller than I like to wear. I washed them, then hand stretched them before air drying them on hangers. They took on a larger shape, and stayed that way, even through other washings. If your sock is cotton, this should work like a charm...

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks Mark...
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Duct Tape Jayhawk... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL