The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-04-02 10:17, stretchl wrote:
Interesting thread, and one that has taken WAY too much of my time this morning!

Quick question - I usually wear a pair of blue jeans (not the baggy hip-hop type, just old skool blue jeans) and a tee shirt (untucked now that I no longer have my youthful washboard abs).

Would ONE work for me wearing this type clothes?

Thanks.

I guess it would be fine, yes... Smile
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Once again Has anyone uploaded a decent demo video yet in a real world situation? I am interested in purchasing this but would like to see a demo in a real world setting with real reactions of spectators. Peter;s video is good but would like to see a video of someone performing it. Thanks

Chris
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Questions to those who have it.

I understand that there are no mirrors, but does the effect require any reflection?

Does the ability to see under the feet allow long periods of staring, or is it more of an 'at a glance' type of thing.

I'm intrigued by the reviews, and I'm really baffled by this, and I've done quite a bit of self levitation. Too bad so many self levitations that have come before are keeping people away if it's this good.

Jimmy
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
You wouldnt wanna do it in bright places- and you wouldn't wanna stay up long enough for them to have a critical look under your feet.
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
I buy 4 item one levitation. I just sell 3 item one levitation. this make me happy to sell this. My costumer happy what they get.

one levitation like elevator + on thin air + new concept. is great product. tommorow new costumer want buy this.

I recommend this and The FLY.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-05-04 14:32, The Mac wrote:
You wouldnt wanna do it in bright places- and you wouldn't wanna stay up long enough for them to have a critical look under your feet.

I am going to guess this is because you are supported either via some piece of clear plastic/plexi-glass, or some form of metal. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Frankly it looks like a fantastic peice of work, but I think I may have watched it far to many times Smile

Its extremely obviously which foot is the supporting one, by the obvious weight shift to it, as well as the fact that every time he "lands" that foot does a weird little hop and pushes itself forwards, obviously triggering or hiding some form of mechanism. But as I said, I have watched it too many times. Smile For most spectators only seeing it twice would blow their minds, especially if he did a slower hover.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ I disagree with not letting the spec's get a decent view under your feet, actually it is plain false as proven by the video posted below. As I have stated numerous times, it all depends on the pattern of the carpeting/flooring you are performing ONE on.

I have done this on every imaginable patterned surface since I've had this, I pretty much mastered that part of it to where I know exactly what I'm looking for when I step into performance mode.

Check-out Jon Maronge in his ONE levi video (Remember to watch in HD), you can clearly see under his feet to the other side, and he stays up there quite a while. Once you have that knowledge of knowing what to look for, there is no worries of the spec seeing anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbGUixmwnc

magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-08-06 19:48, Piz wrote:
^^^ I disagree with not letting the spec's get a decent view under your feet, actually it is plain false as proven by the video posted below. As I have stated numerous times, it all depends on the pattern of the carpeting/flooring you are performing ONE on.

Oh believe me I have seen under the feet just in the demo video, its an amazing effect, hence I am leaning towards the idea of a clear plastic or something similar.
Quote:
I have done this on every imaginable patterned surface since I've had this, I pretty much mastered that part of it to where I know exactly what I'm looking for when I step into performance mode.

Check-out Jon Maronge in his ONE levi video (Remember to watch in HD), you can clearly see under his feet to the other side, and he stays up there quite a while. Once you have that knowledge of knowing what to look for, there is no worries of the spec seeing anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbGUixmwnc

Yes I have seen that before, again very good, I like how he conceals the "move" with his right foot as he drops down as part of his "fall".

Breif question regarding mechanics, how portable is it? Can you run with it?
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ You can run with it, sky-dive with it, whatever you want. Not sure I would, but ya could.

Why would you want to run with it in the anyway? You trying to rob someone while floating and then jet?
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-08-07 03:26, Piz wrote:
^^^ You can run with it, sky-dive with it, whatever you want. Not sure I would, but ya could.

Why would you want to run with it in the anyway? You trying to rob someone while floating and then jet?

:) Just curious if I could wear it during the day ( I am not one to walk if I can run)
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
Am I correct in thinking that there are just 3 videos of the levitation? 2 on You tube and Peters's demo.
Cheers
TJD
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
^^^ There is one more that I know of, it's in a hallway but can't be seen that good. I was actually thinking of making another vid, maybe today sometime, I have a family reunion kicking off at my house today, I'm sure they won't mind seeing me float Smile
T,im Dawson
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of T,im Dawson
Yes go for it!
TJD
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Hey quick question regarding it, I was gonna pick this up (instead I got a tarantula and invisible deck Smile ) but I want to know two more things about it before I do:

a) Does it really make you higher, e.g. 3 inches? I just thought of a funny routine you have yourself measured and then you do the lev and look taller Smile

b) I know there is some form of thing when you drop, but can you descend slowly? (id think not)

Thanks!
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
To potential buyers and performers,

I am in support of this effect, completely. Even as Peter's competition, I want this piece in my repertoire, and I have just ordered this to support Peter's creativity, livelihood and to show general support for this piece.

Please accept my apologies for any possible second guessing that this may cause you as a potential buyer.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is. It's a tough economy, and I want anyone who has any questions about spending their money on this piece to order soon and support this kind of creative thinking. If you're on the fence, come on off and put this in your arsenal.

http://www.masterofillusions.ca

And throw a "Sacred" into the basket when you're checking out... Scotty has some upgrades and improvements in store for you, as well.

Sincerely,

Jimmy Fingers
http://www.magellanlevitation.com
(832)755-6781
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-08-22 22:59, magic4545 wrote:
To potential buyers and performers,

I am in support of this effect, completely. Even as Peter's competition, I want this piece in my repertoire, and I have just ordered this to support Peter's creativity, livelihood and to show general support for this piece.

Please accept my apologies for any possible second guessing that this may cause you as a potential buyer.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is. It's a tough economy, and I want anyone who has any questions about spending their money on this piece to order soon and support this kind of creative thinking. If you're on the fence, come on off and put this in your arsenal.

http://www.masterofillusions.ca

And throw a "Sacred" into the basket when you're checking out... Scotty has some upgrades and improvements in store for you, as well.

Sincerely,

Jimmy Fingers
http://www.magellanlevitation.com
(832)755-6781

Nice to see some good "sportsmanship" on the magic frontier Smile

Unfortunately, I just deciphered how the One Levitation works (long story), and while I am impressed with the method, I am far from impressed with the price.

While I have enough money (I am quite well off for a teenager Smile ), I hate magic vendors that mark up the price much higher than the gimmicks monetary value. I can live with 30% markup, heck, I can live with 500%. But this is stretching it a little.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Magicfreak: It is unfair for you to presume our produciton costs, espicially without actually owning the prop. The ONE levitation is priced very fairly in our opinion. This is also the price we need to price it at to make it the least bit worth our time to build them. Anything less, and we might aswell just have never marketed it. The price is what it is, you are also paying for the intellectual property. A trick value is only cheap or inexpensive to the specific individual, meaning what you will get out of it. If it is just to amuse your friends, then yes it might be an expensive purchase for you. If it is to show potiential clients that gets you bookings over and over again, well then it may be worth much more than the asking price.

Now with all that said, from a business perspective, you must keep in mind that we must also be able to price products to be able to be sold distributors for 60% OFF retail or direct to magic shops for 40% OFF retail. Also, just by deciphering a method, will not give you complete insight to production costs. You have to remember that these are not mass produced but built by hand, with a number of different material costs as well as labour costs. Not to mention you must also consider the time and money we have invested in the research and development. You must also consider that we are an actual business with other costs directly related to the produciton of this product that include, advertising, markteting, graphic design, printing, packaging, web desing, special tooling, regular tooling, taxes, the costs of hydro and power to run our shop, shipping, transportation costs and the list goes on and on. Bottom line is the price is set to include and cover all of our expenses, and for our labour and materials. While I wish I could put out magic for free, or for no profit, the reality is, we are a business, and we must make money to survive. But I can tell you, that we do not get rich off of this product.

If you would like to learn more about the reality of the business side of magic, I highly recommend you take a look at my new book 'Creation'. It will surely enlighten you, as far as what it actually takes to put a product on the market, and the costs and time associated with it. According your statement above, I think you will be shocked at whats actually involved.

Best wishes,

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Excellent response Mr. Loughran
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-08-25 14:09, Peter Loughran wrote:
Magicfreak: It is unfair for you to presume our produciton costs, espicially without actually owning the prop. The ONE levitation is priced very fairly in our opinion. This is also the price we need to price it at to make it the least bit worth our time to build them. Anything less, and we might aswell just have never marketed it. The price is what it is, you are also paying for the intellectual property.

To me, this part is worthless.

Quote:
A trick value is only cheap or inexpensive to the specific individual, meaning what you will get out of it. If it is just to amuse your friends, then yes it might be an expensive purchase for you. If it is to show potiential clients that gets you bookings over and over again, well then it may be worth much more than the asking price.

Ok this sticks me. I pay a web designer to make a website for me. I pay him much more than if I got some indian guy to do it for me. There wouldn't be much of a quality difference, I just choose to pay this guy. Some times I pay him up to $100-$120/page. The only reason why I do that is because I always make it back with a massive profit, and without the web page, we wouldn't have that money.

Quote:
Now with all that said, from a business perspective, you must keep in mind that we must also be able to price products to be able to be sold distributors for 60% OFF retail or direct to magic shops for 40% OFF retail. Also, just by deciphering a method, will not give you complete insight to production costs. You have to remember that these are not mass produced but built by hand, with a number of different material costs as well as labour costs. Not to mention you must also consider the time and money we have invested in the research and development. You must also consider that we are an actual business with other costs directly related to the produciton of this product that include, advertising, markteting, graphic design, printing, packaging, web desing, special tooling, regular tooling, taxes, the costs of hydro and power to run our shop, shipping, transportation costs and the list goes on and on. Bottom line is the price is set to include and cover all of our expenses, and for our labour and materials. While I wish I could put out magic for free, or for no profit, the reality is, we are a business, and we must make money to survive.

Fine. Naturally it must be more expensive than other levitations as it actually provides a sizable prop. It also must be more than your other Levitations to show that it is better.

Quote:

But I can tell you, that we do not get rich off of this product.

I can believe this, however I am not entirely sure if it is due to actual costs or simply marketing.

Quote:
If you would like to learn more about the reality of the business side of magic, I highly recommend you take a look at my new book 'Creation'. It will surely enlighten you, as far as what it actually takes to put a product on the market, and the costs and time associated with it. According your statement above, I think you will be shocked at whats actually involved.

Will look into it.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
[quote]On 2009-08-26 07:57, magicFreak2 wrote: (IN PART)

Ok this sticks me. I pay a web designer to make a website for me. I pay him much more than if I got some indian guy to do it for me. There wouldn't be much of a quality difference, I just choose to pay this guy. Some times I pay him up to $100-$120/page. The only reason why I do that is because I always make it back with a massive profit, and without the web page, we wouldn't have that money.

[quote]

What do you mean by some indian guy? Can you explain this comment?

Also where is your web site? We would like to look at it and see the reason that you make such a massive profit. Is it the pictures, the copy or what. Who did you web site? What is it that you sell?

I am always looking for a better way to advertize.

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Loughran's ONE Levitation (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31~32~33~34 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL