The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks Ustaad. However I still don’t know if that means that the regular Infinity Ring - without the 2.0 next to it - has the new performance stuff that was supposed to be in 2.0 included. Willie explained in your referenced post what his intentions were/are for 2.0 but not if they have ever been incorporated. Since there doesn’t seem to be any price difference I would definitely want to get the latest and greatest material!

Regarding the link about the chain, that doesn’t really explain if there is still a Deluxe version available with the upgraded chain. Also, in that post you mentioned that one must consider the weight and diameter of the ring against the thickness, length, and flexibility of the chain. So is there a particular ratio for this? Guesswork? Trial and error? (I hate the "error" part of that last line!!) If I wanted to purchase an upgraded chain I would like to know how that would affect the Infinity Ring effect. Especially since I keep reading that the Infinity Ring is designed with a diameter and weight distribution that allows it to "catch" virtually every time it is dropped. I'd hate to screw that up by getting a chain that affects the... uh...effect. Smile

Your final link refers to the above weight and diameter vs. thickness, length, and flex formula again but doesn’t answer the problem.

Thanks for your help with this, Ustaad!

Jim
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Jim,

You're most welcome Sir! Smile

Sent you a PM.

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
Hello J-Mac., sent you a PM J-Mac.

Thanks Ustaad! Been a great help and support as always!

Best regards,
G.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks Narenda and G. for all the help!

Jim
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Is it a secret?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 12:45, rockwall wrote:

Is it a secret?

NO, Smile Smile but surprisingly I found a Patent for this trick. The patent issue year is 2008, the year the Infinity Ring was released.

Smile
P.S. Go to: http://www.pat2pdf.org/pat2pdf/foo.pl and fill-in the patent number i.e. 20080207343 You can then download the complete PDF.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I managed to get hold of one recently, and I am really pleased with it......reactions to this are unbelievable considering the simplicity of the effect....Women love it.....I could see this being used by Mystery of the Game Book by Neil Strauss using this for PICK UP.

Bloody briliant IMO.........Straight into my set, awesome reactions and something a little different.

So far NOONE has managed to figure it out. It happens that fast.

So what is the score with version 2.0 NEW instructions? could really do with those.......were they never released?
May your darkness come quickly
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I don't think the v2 instructions were ever released.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have it also.its a very cool effect.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
So is there any update on the 2.0 version? Is the ring different looking or what? Would love to know if anyone has any information on it.

Matthew
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-03-31 15:46, MatthewSims wrote:
So is there any update on the 2.0 version? Is the ring different looking or what? Would love to know if anyone has any information on it.

Matthew

I don't think 2.0 ever came out. I too love my Infinity Ring. Gets great reactions and there are a lot of great story presentations with this!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I am a (very) late adopter. Bought the Infinity Ring during a recent SansMinds sale. It is splendid.

Unfortunately, they originally marketed the ring so long ago that the video instructions were on their old server--and no longer worked. I wrote to them. They volunteered to make a new video teaching the effect. It took them a week or more, but they did it. The teaching is very clear, and they teach some methods that were not mentioned in the instructions for the two ring and chain props I'd bought earlier.

The instructions, and the better balanced ring, made a BIG difference. My other rings used to catch for me about 80% of the time; my Infinity Ring catches for me at least 95%.

SansMinds has a 30% sale on right now, for July 4th only. I can commend both the ring and their service, so check it out!

George
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks for your comments George. I too was interested in this product, but I was (and still am) reluctant to purchase it because when I perform the ring on chain trick, people sometimes understand how it happened. Yet, I believe my handling is perfect, there is no move at all. Usually, when you see people doing it (e.g., on Youtube), there is a move, which is very bad. But even in my situation, some people understand the secret the first time I do it (no more than 20-25% if my memory is correct). Most of the time, they ask me to do it again, and when I accept, the second time, they usually understand. As a matter of comparison, I can do the double lift two or three times in a row, they don't catch it (although I know it's risky to do so). But the worse were the kids. Every time I performed the ring on chain trick for kids, nearly 100% of them immediately understand the secret. Their explanation was indeed correct. For that reason, I stopped doing that trick, and it sits in my drawer.

I emailed SansMinds, asking them if they can make a video performance of the effect, but they didn't reply. Anyway, if the handling of Will Tsai is very different, and will fool people much better than the classic handling, I could buy it but I have no idea how good it will be.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Is this performance video sufficient for you to get a sense of it? https://vimeo.com/12221808
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
Is this performance video sufficient for you to get a sense of it? https://vimeo.com/12221808

I know this video, in fact it looks like how I do it. No funnny move. I let the ring drops, and the link happens. Other than the fact that it's not difficult for people to understand the mechanics of it (unless perhaps if one uses misdirection when the ring drops), one issue with this however is that it's a one-effect prop. If there are several different effects which are possible with this prop, I have no idea.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Ahh, from your previous comment, I thought you were saying you hadn't seen any product videos.

I'd assumed this was close to the original presentation, but it's possible that it's not.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
Ahh, from your previous comment, I thought you were saying you hadn't seen any product videos.

I'd assumed this was close to the original presentation, but it's possible that it's not.

Well, yes, I did say I haven't watched the performance video, perhaps I lacked clarity. I was refering to Will Tsai's handling. The description says that Will's handling was original, unique. And the handling I saw in this video has nothing special. I'm not necessarily surprised they didn't answer my request. After all, if they send a video performance featuring Will Tsai, I may know the method. But at the same time, since I don't know if it's as good as they say, I'm not ready to spend that much money.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2017, mh1001 wrote:
Quote:

I know this video, in fact it looks like how I do it. No funnny move. I let the ring drops, and the link happens. Other than the fact that it's not difficult for people to understand the mechanics of it (unless perhaps if one uses misdirection when the ring drops), one issue with this however is that it's a one-effect prop. If there are several different effects which are possible with this prop, I have no idea.

ask the spec to close their eyes when they drop it. Think of success and goals.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I know this has been asked repeatedly. Is there a 2.0 ring or at lease an upgraded chain? I cannot get on sansminds website without a password.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I wish this just came without the diamonds or even in black. Just something a bit more masculine. A matt black would be great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL