The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire resisting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Eli,

I am sorry you were hurt. I hope you fully recover.

Your comments prove my point. I rest my case.

David
Ms. Merizing
View Profile
Loyal user
Edwin Carl Erwin is digging postholes for
232 Posts

Profile of Ms. Merizing
Quote:
On 2008-12-19 00:23, Darkwing wrote:
Here is what happens when a magician plays with fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw9IAr9VzlU

Darkwing,

Thanks for posting the above link. This horrific video serves as an important example of the need for fire performers to be thoroughly trained in fire education/safety. What a useful tool to teach a fire safety lesson, which hopefully will prevent someone from learning the same by experience.

Whilst in 2010, Fire Safety Week is observed 3rd-9th October: http://www.nfpa.org/itemdetail.asp?categ......id=34420 , performers utilizing pyro of any sort must do so year round.
Pleased to continue finding that all the world's a stage.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Ya I'm fine, I'm young so I heal quickly, although scars are still easily visible, but I'm fine now. That video is terrifying. that's why now I limit my fire use to flash paper and fire wallets, man that's got to be so painful.
Der Magier
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Der Magier
I've heard houdini had a book on that stuff. Might want to look for it?
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I have realized that pockets are a bad idea. It would be better if I used a bucket or two of metal. I have realized though that if something does go wrong I could end up with a slow reaction. Then I react violently instintively waving my arm tossing fireballs at my audience. This may very well be a bad idea.
Jeremy Gates
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
This is probably an overall bad idea, but if you really want to do something like this, rather than asking strangers on the internet about it, you should find a professional pyrotechnic. Not just somebody who says they know what their doing and plays with fire all the time, I mean somebody with real schooling and lots of experience who can help you accomplish something like this safely. You might have to sacrifice some aspects of what you want in order to be able to pull off the effect, for instance I wouldn't attempt to keep the fires burning while in my pocket, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Aside from that, there's a lot of safety hazards in this, you can't offord to think along the lines of "it's a small fire, so theres no big risk". Remember, it's not uncommon for a house fire to be started by an unattended cigarette. Find somebody with a lot of schooling and a lot of experience, then listen to them, soak in their every word, because even if it seems they're going on and on endlessly about something that doesn't matter, it probably does, and it could be the diffence between a magic trick and a fire.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Wow how did I get on this topic, seriously, everything here is old and I just realized that
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire resisting (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL