The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » One of Richard Nongard's Best Videos Ever. It Got Me 0_- !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfgVgWmJlE

Wasn't that great? I think it is, Richard knows his stuff, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
That was simply incredibly relaxing...

A true Master...

Great work Mr. Nongard!

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes he's very good. I had one up but it was deleted. I'm no where as good as Richard, and I guess that's the reason. (Eddini), C.H.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't think any inductions should be posted Ed, no matter WHO does them. I am of the opinion that they are not safe unless you are sitting in the room with people. Are you sure it was "you" they were upset with and not the idea of it?

For example Ed, I will tell you what I mean. Someone gets really relaxed, slumps and hits their head on the table. Nobody is there to help them. Now what?

So I am not sure so much it is you, as the unsafe idea that they may be against. I am sure you are good enough.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I agree Danny. I guess I wanted real time feedback I guess with mine is all. Well my Therapist says mine is good so I got some feedback from a pro. I see what you're saying though. Safety is Bigg with me too. Thanks Bro, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You get it Ed, I mean how would you feel if you UNINTENTIONALLY harmed someone? I mean a head banging on a desk, a broken nose, broken wrist or some injury. Wow you would feel like crap and believe me things DO happen.

Glad you got the feedback you wanted from your therapist.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>>Glad you got the feedback you wanted from your therapist<<<<

don't you just love this forum? Its a scream!!!! Ive learned to love the lunacy.

Feedback from your therapist for STAGE HYPNOSIS!!!!!....

It makes me cry....
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
She's a Liscenced HYPNOTHERAPIST for 30 years. She belongs to like NGH, The Medical & Dental One, and specializes in Ericksonian Hypnosis. I've said that here tons of times, I didn't feel the need to say it as I didn't want to sound like a broken record. She's a Master NLP Practioner too, a Cert. MSW. I could go on, she's 72, and knows her stuff. She does both talk and hypnotherapy. Ed, (Eddini).
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
See mindpunisher? Now say you're sorry!!!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
dehypno
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of dehypno
In my opinion, posting inductions online for all to see, and then to have viewers perhaps use them without any further training is/was/will be irresponsible. I know some dudes are trying to promote themselves and their training programs and all that...but...come on. And I watched that one and was laughing through most of it.
Anyone else think that even though there is a place like NGH to try to present some industry standards that there are a whole lot of different standards and "realities" about this field out there? Its pretty scary to me. There are a couple of dozen hypnotists on here and each one of us would probably write a different definition of what hypnosis is, just to start...and then (since we are dealing with stage stuff here) what the whole hypnotic process actually is while doing a show with 10-20 people on stage.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Hypnosis products and organisations are about making money period. that's the primary motivation not to create industry standards. Although perhaps that may be a secondary motive. However the greed for money will always mean that the truth about the safety of hypnosis will always be blurred in favour of self interest.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I just love how hypnotists compliment those that respond by telling them they are highly creative and intellegent.

In my experience the best stage subjects were the opposite. Easily lead and very under developed critical faculty. Normally the intelligent ones were the ones watching.
dehypno
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of dehypno
Quote:
On 2008-12-22 22:18, mindpunisher wrote:
I just love how hypnotists compliment those that respond by telling them they are highly creative and intellegent.

In my experience the best stage subjects were the opposite. Easily lead and very under developed critical faculty. Normally the intelligent ones were the ones watching.

Lots of experience I am sure that you have...

The analytical people are the ones who are watching. The ones that lack imagination and creativity are the ones who are watching.

In MY experience...some 30 years now, off and on, there are three main qualities of people who end up being good stage subjects. 1- Very creative people. Musicians, actors, writers and such. 2- Those without trust issues. 3- Those who are adventurous in spirit.

And those who do participate on stage, in my opinion, are worthy of compliments and praise. First, they dare take on the challenge of being on stage. Second, the best subjects do prove (in my mind) that they indeed have a certain level of creative genius.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Wow I'm not even getting into that one. Lots of stage Inductions are based off Therapuetic Inductions such as Elman. I DON'T do STAGE INDUCTIONS. It's one on one, then lots of interaction with the crowd. IT KILLS, even on a SIDEWALK. I would feel HORRIBLE if someone got hurt during a online Induction, that's why I thought I was being safe in my description, and having them read that.

Okay the Induction I posted myself. I get their compliance and have them nod. They look up at my hand (Hand Lowering Eye Fixtation Induction), I tell them the closer it gets the more relaxed they become. I say "Stuff you know to be true as convincers, burning eyes, increased blinking), and as my hand touched their head the eyes close into Peaseful relaxation.

I do the 5 deep breaths.

I do usually slower a PMR Head-Toe, rather than the other way around as I've seen

I do repitition as I count 100-90 Relax, Let Go, and Sleep, and before that I say each time I say that those suggestions become stronger.

I break it up at 95 for a beach visualization, also to confuse because they'll be like wow that ten was long.

I then test for ideomotor movement with the Ericksonian Hand Rise. Here I really pay attention. If it goes up I'm in the clear but I have my tricks there too.

Then I just go slowly 10-0.

ALWAYS...ALWAYS, for the test, I give them amnesia for the #2. They get that, I know I'm in the clear and the fun will begun. That's my induction in parts. It takes 8-10 minutes. I DON'T do groups, and frankly I like doing one on one. That way I can focus all of my intention on that one person, and have fun with the crowd. After bringing that subject out someone will raise their hand and say "Me Next", and I start all over again, and YES people stick around. I'll VLOG about it, I hate typing...lol, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
1.) Hypnosis is NOT a magic trick. Hypnotists have been selling self-hypnosis CD's for years, so what is wrong with a video? Those who fear posting an "induction" perpetuate the myth that hypnosis is dangerous or mysterious or that the hypnotist has power. There is no such thing as a "secret induction". Even though I usually agree with Danny on many things, I will disagree with him on that.
2.) The NGH is NOT the standardbearer for the hypnosis industry in my opinion, nor does it represent the majority of hypnotists.
3.) Thanx for the compliment Eddini, but this is basic stuff, just a simple exercise in a very basic induction. Also, unless you are in Iniana, there is no such thing as a "Licensed Hypnotherapist". In no other state does licensure exist. Now she may be licensed as a Social Worker, or have other mental health licenses, but NOT a licensed hypnotherapist.
4.) People seem to have an issue with my ego strengthening of those who follow my suggestions. No big deal, its a clip. If you don't respond or follow the suggestions it does NOT mean your not creative or intelligent, it just means that those who do respond are. Stop taking stuff so personal - its a 7 minute youtube clip for snoopys sake!
5.) Although I want people to buy my products, there are a lot of other reasons to post such a clip. Like to demystify hypnosis, to challenge those who retain a misguided belief inductions should not be posted, or simply to show your mom an example of what you do...
6.) Dehypno you are correct, in that most of us would write our own definition of hypnosis, and actually most of us would be correct.
7.) Click the link to my webpage at the top of the forum or in my signature if you want to learn more.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Great points!

I'm with you on this one, Mr. Nongard...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
That's cool, Richard, on her Card it says she is Licenced in N.H., and Mass, with Licencing numbers even printed out, so I'm not quite how to respond to that. Thanks it's a great clip one of the first I ever saw on Hypnosis on youtube. Come to think about you're the first to Hypnotize me...lol. I sent you a copy at myspace as well as a few other Hypnotists friends what do you think? Happy Holidays everyone, Ed, (Eddini) C.H.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Richard, my one and ONLY point is someone should be in the room.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
dehypno
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of dehypno
Yes, NGH is just one place where we can associate. However since it has been around for a while it would seem to have established some level of credibility that those started by some dude in his basement 4 years ago can't really claim.

I wouldn't post an online induction for these reasons...

1- I wouldn't open myself up to a lawsuit like that just in case little Johnny did bang his head. Of course hypnosis is safe, but in that case there is no need to expose oneself to that type of risk.
2- Regarding risk...does your insurance company know that you post inductions online? Again, there is simply no reason to open yourself up like that.
3- I have no need to teach what I know to others for free. Passing out these lessons cheapen what we do. We see here, even from those who claim to be hypnotists, how we can be perceived. I prefer to value this much more. Want to post something online? Fine...then sell it.
4- Having these things online does definitely demystify it. But who are YOU to decide that it should be done that way? And don't you think that if what we do demystifies it, doesn't that then make our stage shows things that just anyone can do as opposed to something that takes some more knowledge than just watching a ten minute clip on here?

That same mentality then comes from some people who claim to be "Master" Hypnotists. That titling then really makes one look a bit more like a clown since learning an induction (in the viewers eyes anyway) takes 10 minutes. When I think "Master" I think of someone teaching some sort of mysterious martial art in the Himalayas for 40 years or so.

Just my opinions, of course.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Before we get WAY off course let me offer one thing.

Richard has never in my experience been "unsafe". Richard is breaking new ground in many areas of hypnosis not only with his products but with some great fresh new ideas. I have absolutly nothing but respect for Richard and the products he chooses to carry.

I personally would not post an online induction. But I personally would not eat Chocolate Ice Cream. My understanding is Richard would. Neither is wrong.

Click on his link for more information.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » One of Richard Nongard's Best Videos Ever. It Got Me 0_- !!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL