The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Knife Thru Arm? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1197 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Can anyone advise me as to which is the best KNIFE THRU ARM on the market?

So far, I know of these:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......0&page=1

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/knife-thro......183.html

http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/knife.htm

But I've no idea which is better than the other...
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
506 Posts

Profile of remote guy
I believe the first two you have listed are the same knife. I purchased the one from Hank Lee and was not real impressed with it. Very big looking handle. Just not very well made. I can't speak for the Malloy knife. I don't know if he still sells them but Amazing Johnathan had a very nice knife, But it sold for over $200.00
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxfordshire, England
283 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Tony Parx makes a very nice knife.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I've had them both and wasn't happy with them at all. I've seen The Amazing Jonathan's knife, absolutly the best, but no longer available. The mechanics on the Parx is nice but it doesn't look real at all unless from a stage. You definately need distance. I'd contact Tim Weissman of Butchers blade fame and ask if he would custom make one or any other decent prop maker, and actually have it made from a real kitchen knife modified. Good luck!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4542 Posts

Profile of Payne
I'd try to find one of AJ's knife through arm prop as it was simply the best I've come across. There should be a bunch of them in a landfill in Australia someplace as, if I remember right he had to destroy a whole bunch of his magic sets a few years back as they simply didn't sell down under and it was cheaper to dump them than send them back to the states. They might still be kicking around a warehouse someplace so it might be worth droping Jonathan a line to see if there still might be a stash someplace in Auzzieland.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18260 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have one that's better than all those as the blade DOES not go in/out of the handle. It has a fake blood feature too. Comes with 2 knives. You start showing the legit one, set it doen and pick up the gaffed one. I goes AROUND the arm ala the arrow thru head... but moving it rapidly noone sees the work. Would consider sale... Smile

Posted: Dec 24, 2008 1:25pm
After Christmas can send you a photo or two, Tim.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2120 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
This "Knife Thru Arm Surrounded" is on pre-order.
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/knife-thru......702.html
Quality??? That's another story but it's not cheap price wise.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
RWhit
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of RWhit
Peter Diamond UK made one like arrow thru head. The prop looked good.But I never saw it in performance.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
711 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
I just bought the LAST AJ knife!!! Cant wait to get my hands on it!!
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Hey TTTT, I'm envious. You just HAD to gloat, didn't you!!! I hope the thing jams the next time you perform it! Smile
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
711 Posts

Thanks Mark!!!

anyone suggest the best blood to use with it??
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
655 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 03:47, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Thanks Mark!!!

Real stuff!!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1187 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I own both the knife from Malloy and The Knife From Tony Parx

I think Parkx Knife is Way more Supperior than Malloy, in many ways, like the Looks and the Blood Pump....

and Also the Malloy Version does NOT looks like it went through your Arm, but it Looks like the Blade Magic-ly got longer

with the Parx Knife, due to it's Structure of the Blade, when it went thorugh your Arm, it just looks right and OK, since Parx Blade is more Curve so the discrepancies goes un-noticed

I wish I can get Amazing J Knife........does anyone know where I can get one?

TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
711 Posts

I found one and one only for sale, I understand that they don't make them anymore, I may have got the last one! Cant wait for it to arrive!!
Mr.P
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Mr.P
Some of you are right my knife is the best on the market, paul zennon performed it on bbc halloween show on a spectator in the street! still availabe, from magic box, uk or alakazam magic, uk, or myself, tonyparxmagic@hotmail.com
happy Knife thru arming you crazy magicians!!!!
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
711 Posts

Amazing Jonathan Knife for sale!!

$300 and will include a dvd of his live Vegas show!

Pm me if interested!

Ash
muroni
View Profile
New user
france
25 Posts

Profile of muroni
Ummm
What about the Knife by climax ?
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18260 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
All 3 Tim shows are the same principle.... the one I offer is different. Like the arrow thru head with ungimmicked fair knife. I got it in Europe. Don't recall who made it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
At one time I purchased one from the Amazing Johathan. The knife looks real and bulky and will carry a lot of blood. I love it. I have the one from Hank Lees and the blade looks like a piece of sheet metal. You may want to see if you can still pick up the one from the Amazing Johnathan or find it elsewhere. It is a darn good knife.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 12:35am
The best blood to use is a clear dish soap solution and a red food dye. It cleans off well. That comes from the Amazing Johnathan's knife instructions.
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
I've searched for a while look for an image of the Amazing Jonathan knife without success. For people buying second hand (and probably from a photo), what would distinguish it from the models of other prop makers?
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Try this one. http://www.tabmantables.com/piratesknife.html
No levers to work. No blood bulbs to fill. If you want blood we send you the necessary blood powder to accomplish this. Using the blood powder you can even use a borrowed butter knife to look like you are cutting yourself.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
U.S.A.
15300 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 03:47, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Thanks Mark!!!

A new product is at Murphy's Magic, Harry Anderson Stage Blood, sells for less then $3. At your favorite dealer.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship
randallmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of randallmagic
Just got the one from Tony Parx and even though the gimmick is very clever, the knife has a handle that is much fatter than shown on his web site.
Randall
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
461 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
The Best is AJ Knife, but its a rare item, second the best is Tony Parx Knife, since it will NOT make it look "Magicly" grew longer due to the design of the Knife,

oh if you guys own the AJ knife and willing to depart with your AJ Knife, , lemme know by PM, I will grab it for sure

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1784 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Anyone here can direct me who is selling the vertical knife thru wrist? I saw Simon Drake did it...more scarry effect...

CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick"
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2236 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2009-09-04 12:53, raywitko wrote:
Try this one. http://www.tabmantables.com/piratesknife.html
No levers to work. No blood bulbs to fill. If you want blood we send you the necessary blood powder to accomplish this. Using the blood powder you can even use a borrowed butter knife to look like you are cutting yourself.
Ray

I have actually seen this knife. Nice quality with no levers to work. I love the fact there is no blood pump, yet you can still have blood appear on your wrist.

Devin
seanmcd51
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of seanmcd51
Anyone have an Amazing Jonathan knife for sale?
RayLum
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of RayLum
I have a AJ Knife. Mine is custom chrome plated. I might let it go for 800.00 if you are serious email me.
Illusionist Ray Lum
WWW.TheMagicofRayLum.com
Email: Ray@TheMagicofRayLum.com
Las Vegas, NV
seanmcd51
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of seanmcd51
$800 is out of my budget. Anyone interested in selling one for $300?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best Knife Thru Arm? (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.228918 seconds, requiring 88 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [8] [0] [6] [7] [3] [0] [1]