The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Soldered (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I saw in the new york coin seminar DVD (All I'm going to say to protect this method) a trick the utilizes a gaff made out of 3 coins soldered together. Can I buy this gaff anywhere with just 2 coins soldered together?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Years ago I made my own using thin strips of solder that had a low heat melting point.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find those strips.
Maybe I should check an electrinics outlet.
MagicBosley
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of MagicBosley
I'd imagine you could use some JB Weld, or similar two-part adhesive to do a similar job without the need for a soldering iron. Keep us posted!
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Mike Gallo is a member here. Try him...it's his effect!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
MagicBosely, is that like a glue or something? Where can I find some of that? I will check with Mike too to see if he can help me a little bit.
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
JB Weld is a common cold weld substitute- a two-part epoxy reinforced w- powdered steel...

Mix equal parts of the resin and catalyst and it cures in a few hours...

Available at nearly any hardware store as well as Home Depot, etc...

-A
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
You just missed a sale on ebay. Three two-coin soldered sets. Kennedy, walking liberty half, and English Penney. I thought that they were flippers, but the seller said that they were soldered. The silver alone was worth the winning price. What trick uses soldered coins? They can only be shown as two coins but yet they are stuck together. I don't see the purpose.
Kelvin
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Troy Hooser has some work on it.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Haha. Just my like kcquinn50 lol. Just my luck. I bet it was somebody here just to mess with me lol haha. Troy has work on this gimmick Jeff? I will check it out. As for the weld substitute, is it good? It's just like welding them rigth? Oh btw, I also got in touch with Mike Gallo, waiting on his response.
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Here is the link to the ebay sale. The seller may be able to identify where they were purchased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-Coin-Gimmicks......0%3A1318
Kelvin
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Hehe. Thanks for your speedy reply Kcquinn50. I sent him a message. Waiting on HIS reply as well lol
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
You're welcome, Mark. I almost bid on them, just for the walking liberties. But since I have no idea what the gaff is for, I would have separated the coins.
Kelvin
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Troy Hooser has worked with three coins soldered together. It's in his Destroyers DVD set.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Thanks Magicman4646. I will be checking them out.
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
David Neighbors mentioned a glue that he uses to create that gimmick in an earlier post but I couldn't find the post.

I had purchased a soldered pair of half dollars from him years ago. But recently he mentioned he uses a particular kind of glue. PM him and ask.

P.S. It is a great gimmick for doing a very visual matrix with a backfire.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
You could also try gorilla glue or E-6000. my 2 cents
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
E-6000 tends to turn a yellowish color after about a year or so. There's a similar product called "FixAll" that would work and it stays clear and colorless forever. I tried to search the web for a website but came up empty. Im pretty sure that it is not the one made by Super Glue. Ill take a look at work tomorrow and let you know.
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-01-05 20:26, MarkTirone wrote:
As for the weld substitute, is it good? It's just like welding them rigth?

JB Weld is pretty good stuff- A friend used it to fix the cracked bell-housing on his toyota truck's transmission. Held for quite a while- at least until he traded it in, anyway...

-A
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
Heres a link to the Fix-All. Its made by a company called Multi-Mist. Unfortunately, it is not available on the internet (atleast I couldn't find it) but they sell it at my local hardware store so it might be available at a hardware store near where you live. Heres a link to the information page about it:

http://www.certifiedlabs.com/certified/p......+FIX+ALL

Also, if you want, it can be removed at a later date with little to no damage on metal.
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Soldered (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL