The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Think of a card" concepts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 10:09, Paul Chosse wrote:

Vernon's approach to "Think-a-Card" type effects can hardly be called Jazz Magic. The term, as I understand it, implies a spontaneous performance. Vernon was hardly spontaneous. No, he was "deadly sure" in his approach to any magical effect, a tenet that he adopted by studying Liepzig. So, he had multiple methods and multiple endings at his disposal. And their use, alone or in combination, was all carefully worked out well in advance of the spectator "Thinking of a card"...

Watching Vernon in the Revelations sessions the other day... this is more related to the TTCBE but he's said that he used with think-of-a-card, which was my argument in the first place for asking about the cards that spectators most often say

Not exact quotes...
Steve Forte:
One of the things you were famous for was making up a trick as you went along...
Dai Vernon:
Oh yes, I had the "Trick that Can't be Explained"
Speaking about Al Koran - Al asked to see one good trick - try to fool me he said.
I didn't know what I was going to do! I hadn't the faintest idea! I had a 2 packs in my pocket one of which I knew the top and bottom card... I asked him to point to any card in the one pack and took out the other pack and showed the bottom card to match the card he pointed to.
Al just walked out of the room.
gaggin
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of gaggin
There are many Books and DVD's with this kind of effect but I would recommend Art of Astonishment as it has hundreds of effects and I'm sure you will find one that suits you.
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of magician8
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 12:05, lithyem wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 10:09, Paul Chosse wrote:

Vernon's approach to "Think-a-Card" type effects can hardly be called Jazz Magic. The term, as I understand it, implies a spontaneous performance. Vernon was hardly spontaneous. No, he was "deadly sure" in his approach to any magical effect, a tenet that he adopted by studying Liepzig. So, he had multiple methods and multiple endings at his disposal. And their use, alone or in combination, was all carefully worked out well in advance of the spectator "Thinking of a card"...

Watching Vernon in the Revelations sessions the other day... this is more related to the TTCBE but he's said that he used with think-of-a-card, which was my argument in the first place for asking about the cards that spectators most often say

Not exact quotes...
Steve Forte:
One of the things you were famous for was making up a trick as you went along...
Dai Vernon:
Oh yes, I had the "Trick that Can't be Explained"
Speaking about Al Koran - Al asked to see one good trick - try to fool me he said.
I didn't know what I was going to do! I hadn't the faintest idea! I had a 2 packs in my pocket one of which I knew the top and bottom card... I asked him to point to any card in the one pack and took out the other pack and showed the bottom card to match the card he pointed to.
Al just walked out of the room.

It's not Steve Forte, it's Steve Freeman
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Whoops - correct, Freeman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Think of a card" concepts (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL