The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Review of Jeff Jones Magic Backdrop (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
My wife surprised with a unique Christmas present this year, a Jeff Jones Magic Backdrop. see here: http://www.magicbackdrops.com/
and here: http://raleighparty.com/id5.html

Jeff made up a hand sewn pouch and inside he put in a personalized card announcing the gift of the backdrop along with sample fabrics for me to choose color combinations. (Nice touch) I received the finished product a few days ago and all I can say is WOW!!!

It came in a small duffel bag as shown on the website. It's hard to believe that the backdrop as well as the tripod support fits in to the bag but it does.
You literally unzip the bag, take out the backdrop, unroll it and place it on the tripod via a metal pin. Adjust to desired height and you are done.

You would think that being inside the bag the backdrop would look wrinkled but not so. When set up it looks better than great.(looks much better than the pictures and they look pretty good) This backdrop turns any room in to a theatre setting. The backdrop is adjustable to fit almost any size performing area.
You just adjust the height and the width of the backdrop is also adjustable.

Jeff Jones made a follow up phone call just to see if I had any questions. He also mentioned that you can flip the colorful curtains tie-backs and swag over to the other side in the event you just need a not so fancy backdrop. This way you just have the curtain showing. Very versatile. Lots of options to choose from.

Anyway I am a satisfied customer and I know my clients will appreciate the extra added accoutrement to their special occasion. Jeff Jones was very easy to work with and he answered all my questions and even gave me some great suggestions regarding his backdrops. If you are thinking of adding a backdrop to your performances whether it be in a fancy hall or in someones game room I would certainly consider
Jeff's backdrops.
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Magic Kevin
View Profile
New user
Maryland - United States
77 Posts

Profile of Magic Kevin
Sounds great! Do you have any pictures of your backdrop yet? What colors did you choose?
Kevin Smile
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
How high can it go and what is the width?
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
David Paul, congrats on your backdrop! They are awesome! They really will make the ambience! They are very elegant, and make any setting look good. I have performed in old school gymnasiums, and the backdrop just turns the entire performance area into a whole new space! People always want to take photos with their children at birthday parties in front of the backdrop because it sets the mood, and photographs really well. I have been using mine for about 2 years now.

Cardone - They reach up to ten feet high, and as low as 3 feet, and wide - they are 8 or 9 feet wide, but will fold into a smaller width if needed. I have been in living rooms before and set it up in a corner. The top of it folds in on both sides making it easy to set up anywhere. Even if you are doing closeup and sitting down, you can lower the backdrop and tilt the sides in to make it a more intimate gathering. They break down/set-up in a matter of 30 seconds, and roll it up and stick it in the bag, and you are on your way.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2009-01-19 18:46, 1906Alpha1906 wrote:
David Paul, congrats on your backdrop! They are awesome! They really will make the ambiance! They are very elegant, and make any setting look good. I have performed in old school gymnasiums, and the backdrop just turns the entire performance area into a whole new space! People always want to take photos with their children at birthday parties in front of the backdrop because it sets the mood, and photographs really well. I have been using mine for about 2 years now.

Cardone - They reach up to ten feet high, and as low as 3 feet, and wide - they are 8 or 9 feet wide, but will fold into a smaller width if needed. I have been in living rooms before and set it up in a corner. The top of it folds in on both sides making it easy to set up anywhere. Even if you are doing closeup and sitting down, you can lower the backdrop and tilt the sides in to make it a more intimate gathering. They break down/set-up in a matter of 30 seconds, and roll it up and stick it in the bag, and you are on your way.

Yes, what 1906Alpha1906 said !! Think about it. You are hired to do a show and they ask you to set up in an area that has a window behind you or there are distracting
shelves or pictures on the wall. I just recently performed at an American Legion hall and where they wanted me to set up wasn't the greatest area but hey they sign the check. The backdrop would have solved the problem.

I chose the black backdrop with the purple curtains. Jeff also mentions that you can purchase additional different color tie backs and swags to give your backdrop a different look. So depending on the type of show you can change the appearance of the backdrop. These items are velcro'd for ease of change.
DP
Magic Kevin
View Profile
New user
Maryland - United States
77 Posts

Profile of Magic Kevin
Wow, this really sounds great, maybe even nicer than the traditional just one color backdrop. I also like the features of the velcro. When I get a backdrop I will most likely be choosing this one.
Kevin Smile
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
See the video of Jeff Jones demonstrating the backdrop.
see here: http://www.magicbackdrops.com/
Click on "Referrals" and you will see the link to the video.
arniemagic1
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of arniemagic1
This backdrop solves every backdrop problem we have. Buy the big one 9 x 15. I have used it in the smallest living room and the largest of stages. It is that flexible. People are actually requesting the backdrop when they book shows!!! It looks that good.
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
I just bought the 15x9 foot and am awaiting it's arrival. Can hardly stand it! It's gonna be awesome! Smile

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Been using my backdrop for a couple weeks now and people LOVE it (including me)! It's easy to setup and tear down and totally transforms a show. It's like when you first add music to your show...takes it to another level. I highly recommend this backdrop.

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Brian Arkell
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Brian Arkell
I saw this last year in San Diego at IBM...simply AMAZING work Jeff has done!

Brian

Brian Arkell
Arkell Magic
http://www.arkellmagic.com
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Huge Fan of these backdrops I have used mine in somewhere near 300 shows with no issues.
extremeeric
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
51 Posts

Profile of extremeeric
These are great! If it has not been recommended enough so far, I recommend them as well.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Just wanted to say I just got one too - they are excellent - they really only do take a minute to set up and take down... and they add so much!!!! Jeff also was great with communication and very good with helping figure out the best options... this will be used often!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
markofmagic
View Profile
Elite user
480 Posts

Profile of markofmagic
I have Jeff's largest back drop 15' I think. Someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I find it very difficult to set up and keep the wings on both sides straight as I raise it up. I always end up getting a chair and have to straighten it and then the other side messes up. Is there a way to tighten up the joints so they will stay put after you open them up to what ever position you wnat them in?
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2012-06-27 12:53, markofmagic wrote:
I have Jeff's largest back drop 15' I think. Someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I find it very difficult to set up and keep the wings on both sides straight as I raise it up. I always end up getting a chair and have to straighten it and then the other side messes up. Is there a way to tighten up the joints so they will stay put after you open them up to what ever position you wnat them in?

I had the same problem. Turns out I didn't have the cross bar's quick-connect fully seated into the receptor. All I had to do was loosen the quick-connect tightening screw completely before connecting the components then retighten. If you don't really loosen the screw the cross bar will sit on top of it and lean forward or backwards. That is what caused the sides to constantly fold and unfold.

Hope that helps.
RSteele
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of RSteele
I have several of these backdrops and love them. I've replaced the nuts with locknuts and it has helped out a great deal. But for what you get and ease of use. His curtains are great and so is his customer service!
RSteele
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of RSteele
Great to add to any of your shows and very portable. Love mine and Jeff has always answered the phone or called me back quickly when I had qustions.

Higly recomment!
Escape Artist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Escape Artist
I own a Jeff Jones Magic Backdrop and use it in every show; it sets up in seconds and adds the professional touch for photos by hiding the walls behind me. The worst background behind me in a home is the Television, a flash photo will ruin the every photo taken by the parents
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
How does it hold up in the wind? outdoors?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Review of Jeff Jones Magic Backdrop (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL