The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Babe Ning & J C Sum head for U.K. Magic Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
Singaporian Illusionists J.C. Sum & "Magic Babe" Ning are heading to the U.K. for the Southern England Magic Convention,details below:
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,190829,00.html

J.C. will be lecturing on Illusions, & also launching his new book "Urban Illusions" at the Convention.

World famous "The Twins" & Mark Parker will also be giving a no holds barred lecture plus question & answer session on Illusions.

Also lecturing will be Paul Gordon (author of many top rated books on Card Magic)

Mel Mellers will be lecturing on Comedy & Magic, he wll also be gracing the stage, with his OUTRAGIOUS & very funny Magical Comedy Act!

Also appearing in the Gala Show & Party will be Isis (Sensual Magic)- Roy Charles (Comedy Magic) - Mike Danata (The fusion of magic & Song) - Magic Singh (Take away magic from an Indian Takeaway!) - El Loco (Very unusual Magic & Mime) James More (Class Manipulation & more!)Culminating in the much anticipated appearance of "Magic Babe" Ning & J.C. Sum! The show will be compered by James Fortune MMC.

The day will also consist of competitions & dealers etc.

http://www.semagicconvention.com for more details.

All good wishes

Mike
danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
Hi regarding the above post, I'm so sorry for the fact that the newslink isn't "Linking" at the top of the post. I've no idea why, I've tried several times, but it just won't work, half of it hasn't highlighted & I can't seem to make it!!!

I'm sure if you enter it in the address bar at the top of your computer screen, it will take you there, so sorry for inconvenience, no idea why it has happened.

All good wishes

Mike Danata
danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
Lee Alex will also be lecturing on Quick Change interactively with an audience member! at the Southern England Magic Convention above.

So sorry Lee for leaving you out!

All the best!

Mike
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Mike,

I look forward to lecturing for the folks attending. It promises to be a great day in a fantastic venue.

Paul Gordon
danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
Hi Paul, it really is a fantastic venue, & we are looking forward immensely to our "Very Own" SOUTHERN ENGLAND MAGIC CONVENTION!!!!

All Good Wishes

Mike
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Sounds a very cool convention...Are the Twins doing their helicopter illusion?

JA
danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
The plane landed safely & J.C.Sum & Babe Ning are now on there way to the hotel where they will be staying, in the lead up to the Southern England Magic Convention.

Collin has just phoned me, & I had a brief "Chat" with the three of them on the hands free in the car!!!!!!

So excited now considering all the incredible problems that had been encountered regarding the Convention, one day the truth will out, but for now we are just really looking forward to a TRULY FANTASTIC CONVENTION!!!!

All good & Excited Wishes!!!

Mike Danata
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
Quote:
On 2009-01-25 14:53, jamieallan wrote:
Sounds a very cool convention...Are the Twins doing their helicopter illusion?

JA

The Twins & Mark Parker are doing a lecture at the Southern England Convention, the full list of performers actually "Performing" in the Gala Show are on the Convention website which is http://www.semagicconvention.com

Continuing Good Excited Wishes!!!

Mike
danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
Hi everyone, as you know "Magic Babe" Ning & J.C. Sum touched down in the U.K. a couple of hours ago. I've tried & tried to upload a photo for you all to see on this website, but to no avail. I shrunk the picture down to the size of a postage stamp, & it still wouldn't send, so I've given up.

The picture shows the Deceptive Duo with Collin (convention organiser) greeting them at the airport, making up a sort of "Tricky Trio"

To view the picture, if you want to see how Ning looks even after an 18 hour flight from Singapore, then please go to my website http://www.mikedanatasmagicstudio.co.uk & click NEWS & you will see just how hot she looks!!! (Plus J.C. & Collin of course!)

All good wishes

Mike
danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
More news!

http://backstagebusiness.wordpress.com:80/

Best Wishes

Mike Danata
sheprendo
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of sheprendo
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Convention.
danatasmagic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of danatasmagic
Here is a clip of J.C. Sum's Teleportation Illusion. The secret is contained in the book "Urban Illusions" which is being launched at the Southen England Magic Convention! (Day after tomorrow!!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aKET98KJ8gI&NR=1

All good wishes

Mike
bp
View Profile
Regular user
ENGLAND
169 Posts

Profile of bp
This is going to open a can of worm !!!!

The Gala Show.

Mike Danata....ok in places.... bits poor

James More.... image good....but effects not up to image.... ok

Mel Mellers...Ok

Isis....An act you would not pay to see and I would not see it if it was free!

El Loco...good working act

JC Sum the mega illusionists...well he made all those mega illusions disappear that night VERY POOR... DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE! and came on stage with a bucket, cloth and a hand full of coins....Reason for no illusions was air fare well JC ship them over by boat or hire some!

Magic Babe Ning if she was a male it would have been poor but nice eye candy...Finish of her part was the straight jacket that you could fit her, JC Sum and Houdini in....get a smaller one Babe! Very POOR!

Best act of night was the guy at the end Ray Charles but only a hand full stayed to watch it! He was funny, sharp and a GOOD working act!

I talked to Bar staff and they could not believe the "acts" on stage!

I wish this whole event was better but I guess it's the first year..yes I will be going again but they must use better performers! Ones that work and not full of hype! Good luck next year!!!

During the day lots of stuff happening and some good dealers in the main hall....best bit of the day was to see The Twins and Mark Parker Question and Answer .....honest, funny, no hype and you can see why these guys are at the top of the tree!
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
YOU ARE RIGHT BP!
It was a good idea for a southern convention......But remember BP it was the FIRST YEAR! I hope they do it again next year and think about it and who they book....

Yes magic babe ning looked HOT but what was that size of jacket her XXLARGE? JC Sum where are your mega illusions? Some hype going on....and don't use the Air fare reason...ilusionists fly all around the world! You cold have shipped one?

yes the question and answer thing was good with twins and mark parker...very off the wall, never seen something like that before and we got free brochure too! Alex Lee thing was good also!

lets open them worms.......JA
DavidKim
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of DavidKim
Well, I think the Magic Duo need some justification.

Why don't you guys try shipping a illusion over to Singapore and see how much it cost? But well, since it is the first time, I guess there are also budget issues that they need to consider.

But I will still say it is a good first time for both Singapore and UK magicians to interact and share, maybe next time, they bring in the whole Ultimate Magic Show. Smile
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Hey Davidkim...
Thank you for your post yes I have shipped illusions over to Asia and yes you can do it and to budget. Or they could have hired some illusions! And before you say it I can find three illusions in the UK which they could have hired from JC sums own books!
I feel I don't think they can be call the "Ultimate Magic Show!"

JA
DavidKim
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of DavidKim
Hmm.. that's interesting..

Let see what the Magic Duo says..
ning
View Profile
New user
From Sunny Singapore!
89 Posts

Profile of ning
Hi everyone

Appreciate the feedback. I understand that there's some political strife going on between the SEMC and BlackPool groups, but it's not my intention or interest to participate in that. Smile Make love, not war.

SEMC was certainly an experience for me, the English are hospitable and I met many nice people there. iTV came down as well to interview us, and personally, I had lots of fun in the UK because I made many friends and got in touch with folks I already know. Mark (thanks for pointing out this thread to me) & the Twins are absolutely hilarious... =)

Anyways. Just so that there is absolutely no misunderstanding however, I'd like to take the time to state here that J C & I were NOT booked to do an illusion show at all, for SEMC. J C was there to do a lecture, and me to do my one gal show on stage. On the gala night, J C merely opened the show for me; and the organisers knew they got me for my 20 min one gal show which they saw on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KS9RqyiouE

I'm sorry that somehow, it's assumed that we're bringing our Ultimate Magic show over from Singapore. If we were booked by the SEMC organisers to do our illusion show, we'd have done so accordingly as we've performed overseas extensively, and shipped our equipment and illusions over. So, yes, J C & I were doing what we were booked to do... once again, my sincerest apologies if there was any miscommunication but for J C & I, it was very clear between us and the organizers since we talked about this for over a year now.

Having said all that, I'd like to thank all the people who said very nice things to J C & I after the show, as well as, for making me feel right at home this being my first time at UK and all =)

Best regards from Singapore,
Ning
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1066 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Heya Ning! I think you're doing great. Keep up the good work babe! And do send my regards to JC. Cheers and Good luck!
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Ok Ning thanks for the up date...perhaps then it is down to the people that bill you on the posters and leaflets to bill you correctly? You should sort out a rider. But from the audience point of view all I heard was the big talk about you both being the Mega illusionists...which I did not see! However you are right in saying that you are a babe and hot too! But please look at your Straight Jacket its to LARGE...! good luck and next time I hope all works out well for you both!
JA
jkmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of jkmagic
I met Ning & JC at the convention,they are both really nice people & we had a very quick talk on illusions after JC's lecture.Having purchased JC's latest illusion book he is a really clever performer & creator of modern ideas & presentations.They may not have performed the bigger illusions but what they did perform they performed well.Again keep up the good work.

The Mark Parker/Twins lecture was also very good.

Jamie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Babe Ning & J C Sum head for U.K. Magic Convention (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.215470 seconds, requiring 68 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [5] [8] [3] [1] [3] [7] [8]