The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » DEEP By Justin Meitz (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
Since this pertains to balloons, here is the official post for DEEP:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=218&5

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 10:22am
Here is the official trailer for DEEP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAqkmfTkuTY
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Eeeewwww!!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-27 12:08, Bad to the Balloon wrote:
Eeeewwww!!!!

Is that a good Eeeewwww, or a bad Eeeeewww! Thanks!
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

Profile of MiketheMagicDude
Is this guy serious?
I've been doing this for over 10 years. (a whole mess of other people too.)

Can someone explain to me when it is ok or fair to put out a dvd of something pre-existing because I could certainly use the dough?!?
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-28 23:56, MiketheMagicDude wrote:
Is this guy serious?

Can someone explain to me when it is ok or fair to put out a dvd of something pre-existing because I could certainly use the dough?!?

Hi Mike,

This up-close swallow is much different. I teach how to hand out the balloon, swallow 20" inches and let your spectator pull out the balloon, and then continue swallowing. 4 different routine ideas are presented. If you have any other questions please let me know.
j
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Quote:
This up-close swallow is much different. I teach how to hand out the balloon, swallow 20" inches and let your spectator pull out the balloon, and then continue swallowing. 4 different routine ideas are presented. If you have any other questions please let me know.
j

Might be a good present for the wife....
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-29 12:54, Bad to the Balloon wrote:
Quote:
j

Might be a good present for the wife....

Not the first time that I have heard that! LOL!
j
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-29 10:34, meitzmagic wrote:
Quote:
Is this guy serious?

Hi Mike,

j

Seriously though? WHat is the different part again?
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-29 15:39, MiketheMagicDude wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 10:34, meitzmagic wrote:
Quote:
Is this guy serious?

Hi Mike,

j

Seriously though? WHat is the different part again?

Do I really need to explain again, or are you trying to make a point...
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I have wondered how to do this since seeing it on "Twisted: A Balloonamentary". I wasn't able to find instruction on it. I am looking forward to seeing what the price on this is.

Sometimes when I know how to do something I mistakenly think others do also. Swallowing a balloon sword may be common knowledge in some circles but certainly not all.

I think this will fill a nice instructional niche.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-30 14:19, mota wrote:
I have wondered how to do this since seeing it on "Twisted: A Balloonamentary". I wasn't able to find instruction on it. I am looking forward to seeing what the price on this is.

Sometimes when I know how to do something I mistakenly think others do also. Swallowing a balloon sword may be common knowledge in some circles but certainly not all.

I think this will fill a nice instructional niche.

You will be able to find this in many online shops. Hocus Pocusm Magic 4 Less, and Murphy's have all picked up orders for this DVD. Retail is $20.00 and it includes everything (special gimmick), except for balloons. If you order directly from me, I will throw in a handful of balloons so you can perform as soon you receive it. Thanks!
j
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

No I was not trying to make a point.

There is nothing new here. I have been doing this for about 10 years now, yes I can pull the balloon out and yes I can hand the balloon out before doing it. and does not require a special gimmick. (so unless I missed something...there is nothing new here. Valid question.)

HOWEVER!

There is no need to hand the balloon out. It is a balloon. You just blew it up in front of them. Running without being chased I believe is the term some of you would use. "Please examine this to see if it is a regular balloon" is laughable.

There is also no reason to pull it out at this point in the performance....it is hard to see, and does nothing really to improve the effect in my opinion....however in either case this is not a new concept at all....

To those who are interested, I suggest seeking the real source.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-01-30 16:34, MiketheMagicDude wrote:
No I was not trying to make a point.

There is nothing new here. I have been doing this for about 10 years now, yes I can pull the balloon out and yes I can hand the balloon out before doing it. and does not require a special gimmick. (so unless I missed something...there is nothing new here. Valid question.)

HOWEVER!

There is no need to hand the balloon out. It is a balloon. You just blew it up in front of them. Running without being chased I believe is the term some of you would use. "Please examine this to see if it is a regular balloon" is laughable.

There is also no reason to pull it out at this point in the performance....it is hard to see, and does nothing really to improve the effect in my opinion....however in either case this is not a new concept at all....

To those who are interested, I suggest seeking the real source.

A few things here, the special gimmick is something provided for the prep, the exact one that I use (not for the performance.) I don't ask the spectator to examine the balloon, as you are right, its a regular balloon. I just hand it out, but I have learned over the years how to do this without any suspicion.

I am not sure why you say there is no point to pull it out, that's the whole point of this routine, and that's why major magicians think this is so cool, and making DEEP a new concept. Even Dr. Steve Bedwell wished me luck on this new project.

I am glad that you have been performing this for the past 10 years, as it is a fun trick. I wish you well with your endevors, maybe DEEP is not for you.

All The Best,
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

J,

I am a little lost on the nuances of this too.

4 New presentations?
1) "I am going to swallow this balloon... watch me"

2) The Balloon animal of Death a la Johnny Millwater (former student of mine, now a traveling Comic)

3) Swallow a balloon pull a poo-dle (emphasis Poo) out of my butt. An old comedy club bit of mine, doubt I was original with this!

4) Ooops I walked into the wrong bar in Key West ... let me show you what happened!

Care to elaborate and give me a reason to part with $20?? How does it differ from Fielding West's version or Steve Bedwell .... BTW he is English you know... very sarcastic!!

All above comment with my tongue firmly in my cheek (NOT that one you Sicko!!)
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
MiketheMagicDude
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
270 Posts

Surely if you are interested in taking people's money for this you would be willing and easily able to answer such questions.

Honestly the one question I really would like answered is when it becomes ok to make and sell something that already exists. Cuz in that case I have tons of material and I have been interested in getting a video camera.

The gimmick I use costs less than a penny...and I can hand out the balloon too...just find it useless and not beneficial to the effect.

When the balloon is in position......you cant talk....which means you must draw attention to fact that you pulled it out "a bit" after. when you pull out the balloon...it is not easy to tell that it is coming back out...and also...if it is going in...why woudln't it be able to come back out. Like I said. Running without being chased.

Do sword swallowers catch heat for not being able to take the sword out after swallowing a few inches.....no.

If you want to take credit for the inherent quality of balloons and air displacement that's one thing....but don't charge people money for it.
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
As a magic creator and one that has a few upcoming projects, I figure I could chime in a bit. When Justin first approached me in regards to this release, I thought what you all had. Fielding Wests version, Steve Bedwells and the countless others that are readily available. That's understandable for anyone to raise a red flag to. What makes his-- different, unique and most of all- worth it?

Now, how many cups & balls DVDs are out there? How many card magic series tapes do we all own? Why do we get them time after time? That's my question to all of you. But, I think I already have a legitimate answer. It's one of the reasons I release my work. Because, it's a different instructor. It's a new teacher. One thing you just couldn't get from the Ammar tapes-- you mastered while watching Daryl. If Richards teachings on his card magic tapes wasn't ringing a bell-- you picked up my father, Simons tapes.

One of the things I admired about Justins DVD as a whole-- is that it's a great, no nonsense educational piece. I learned something. I've seen a lot of magic, I lecture on magic myself-- very rarely does something actually 'click' with me these days instructional wise. We all have our ways of learning. Justin takes great time in covering everything. Literally-- everything!

Think of it as, the complete lesson on the balloon swallow.

Also, I'm a huge for crediting magic sources. Justin, I was happy to see-- does this. He covers himself and his bases here, he's done his homework. For a guy who's written a top selling book that's readily available in Barnes & Noble he's a respectable teacher of magic. If anyone knows about crediting sources, it should be him.

When does it make it ok to release material? Valid question MagicDude. I think if you have material that's deemed entertaining by the masses, and you have the sources to make a video-- go for it. If it's done in a professional way, you appeal to the magic community, get some support for your project- you could have a good thing.

Real life, true example. When I released my poplular effect, 'Got a Light?' to the community. The concept was originally released 15 years prior. Now, some might argue that my release was wrong- slap on the wrist. A big, 'No No!' Quite the contrary. I presented a newer, upbeat version of the effect. Included a thorough explanation, handlings and complete history of the effect.

With my upcoming DVDs, one of which being a card magic series entitled, 'The Real Son of Simon, Simon Lovell presents Matt Wayne' -- the effects I do are twists and turns on classics. You're buying the education and the experience of the performer. Justin has that experience.

My quote for promotion of this isn't just a quote just to make sales. I really meant that regardless of what magic you perform-- you could learn at least a little something from watching it. And, if the pricetag of $20.00 is hurting you, then take up stamp collecting. You can get a whole lot of those for 20 dollars.

What I most liked about this DVD is that one of Justins' students is right there doing the effect along with him. That's unique. Because if his student has questions-- you're going to have the same questions. And when I say, 'you' I don't mean you guys listed above that already know the effect. Or, the guys who actually make their living playing with balloons. Justin answers everything question one could have when attempting this. Like I said prior, The complete source for the balloon swallow.

There are still going to be complaints about this, I can only imagine. But, like I told Justin-- welcome to the world of magic critics. I stand by this effect of Justins, along with many others. Perhaps when the effect is actually released, we'll be hearing more positive support from people. But then again, if Steve Bedwell provided his blessing to the project amongst others-- I suppose what other authority could there be?

Toodles for now-
As always- Best regards,

Matt Wayne

Also, side note- Steelers. Period.
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-01 15:34, MattWayne wrote:
As a magic creator and one that has a few upcoming projects, I figure I could chime in a bit. When Justin first approached me in regards to this release, I thought what you all had. Fielding Wests version, Steve Bedwells and the countless others that are readily available. That's understandable for anyone to raise a red flag to. What makes his-- different, unique and most of all- worth it?

Now, how many cups & balls DVDs are out there? How many card magic series tapes do we all own? Why do we get them time after time? That's my question to all of you. But, I think I already have a legitimate answer. It's one of the reasons I release my work. Because, it's a different instructor. It's a new teacher. One thing you just couldn't get from the Ammar tapes-- you mastered while watching Daryl. If Richards teachings on his card magic tapes wasn't ringing a bell-- you picked up my father, Simons tapes.

One of the things I admired about Justins DVD as a whole-- is that it's a great, no nonsense educational piece. I learned something. I've seen a lot of magic, I lecture on magic myself-- very rarely does something actually 'click' with me these days instructional wise. We all have our ways of learning. Justin takes great time in covering everything. Literally-- everything!

Think of it as, the complete lesson on the balloon swallow.

Also, I'm a huge for crediting magic sources. Justin, I was happy to see-- does this. He covers himself and his bases here, he's done his homework. For a guy who's written a top selling book that's readily available in Barnes & Noble he's a respectable teacher of magic. If anyone knows about crediting sources, it should be him.

When does it make it ok to release material? Valid question MagicDude. I think if you have material that's deemed entertaining by the masses, and you have the sources to make a video-- go for it. If it's done in a professional way, you appeal to the magic community, get some support for your project- you could have a good thing.

Real life, true example. When I released my poplular effect, 'Got a Light?' to the community. The concept was originally released 15 years prior. Now, some might argue that my release was wrong- slap on the wrist. A big, 'No No!' Quite the contrary. I presented a newer, upbeat version of the effect. Included a thorough explanation, handlings and complete history of the effect.

With my upcoming DVDs, one of which being a card magic series entitled, 'The Real Son of Simon, Simon Lovell presents Matt Wayne' -- the effects I do are twists and turns on classics. You're buying the education and the experience of the performer. Justin has that experience.

My quote for promotion of this isn't just a quote just to make sales. I really meant that regardless of what magic you perform-- you could learn at least a little something from watching it. And, if the pricetag of $20.00 is hurting you, then take up stamp collecting. You can get a whole lot of those for 20 dollars.

What I most liked about this DVD is that one of Justins' students is right there doing the effect along with him. That's unique. Because if his student has questions-- you're going to have the same questions. And when I say, 'you' I don't mean you guys listed above that already know the effect. Or, the guys who actually make their living playing with balloons. Justin answers everything question one could have when attempting this. Like I said prior, The complete source for the balloon swallow.

There are still going to be complaints about this, I can only imagine. But, like I told Justin-- welcome to the world of magic critics. I stand by this effect of Justins, along with many others. Perhaps when the effect is actually released, we'll be hearing more positive support from people. But then again, if Steve Bedwell provided his blessing to the project amongst others-- I suppose what other authority could there be?

Toodles for now-
As always- Best regards,

Matt Wayne

Also, side note- Steelers. Period.

Thanks for the support! And Steelers did kill it!
j
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Here is the cover for DEEP

Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

This will be available Friday The 13th, 2/13/09, on http://www.justinmeitz.com
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Keichewer
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Keichewer
Justin just sent this to my facebook this morning. Thought I would share it, seems like a sweet deal!

Next Friday DEEP releases to every magic shop around the globe. After many emails we have made DEEP available for pre-order on http://www.justinmeitz.com Here is the great news for you:

Pre-Order DEEP Today and receive your copy before anyone else!

I will personally sign your copy, include something taped inside the DVD that I personally use for the trick, and throw in 4-5 balloons to get you started RIGHT AWAY!

Pre-Order sales will ship on 2/12/09, before DEEP even releases!

As a bonus DEEP retails for $19.99, but pre-order sales are only $10! This price will vanish after 2/13/09!

Yes you read that correctly, only $10! GET YOURS TODAY!

As another bonus we have dropped the price on The Amazing Alexander to only $10. During the checkout just tell us who you want it to be made out to, and I will make sure to sign it.

If you have any questions about DEEP or The Amazing Alexander please shoot us a PM. Thanks for the support, feel free to pass this along to your friends, and happy balloon swallowing!

http://www.justinmeitz.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » DEEP By Justin Meitz (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL