The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonderland Bill (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Is there a working demo showing this effect anywhere?
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I use the Wonderland Bill as a opportunity to invite the audience into my magical world. But the only way they can come in and join the fun is to believe...
And that is the theme
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3260 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Excellent and well suited for the Wonderland Bill tpax.

Andy, this is one of those things that I don't feel a demo video would be a good idea for. If there was a demo video and one was to watch it over and over a few times pausing here and there, it's quite easy to deconstruct (however, not a real issue with live performances).
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I use the bill version and also do my own version where I have any Queen on Red Bicycle back. I draw brick wall lines on the back of this card with a black Sharpie. I then make the 3 correct cuts with an exacto knife on the card to make a door. ( before the performance )

My patter is.......

a beautiful Queen is trapped behind the castle walls of an evil King. A handsome Prince ( ME ) has come to rescue her and bring her to the other side of the castle wall. I then fold out the door flap and have them hold onto it.

Then just make the folds and voila, the Queen is now free and on the other side of the castle wall with the Prince.

Of course I let them keep the card as a momento of their encounter with a handsome Prince....uhhh I mean Magician!
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
329 Posts

Profile of ellisd
If you are not mostly getting great reactions to the effect Brads tips and routine will definitely get you back on track. Of course you will eventually get that one person like my roommate who just didn't get it. So What,. I believe was his reaction.
I really like Magicmans patter. I could be wrong but it seems to me whenever You can attach a good story to an effect it not only takes it to a whole different level but it eliminates that whole attitude from a spectator that you are just trying to "trick them" like you are trying to show off that you know something that they don't.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3526 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
This thing is like an American Express card - I never leave home without it.

Jim
Magic Chris
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
98 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
It was pretty difficult to still find a performance demo of this

Hope this link will last longer than the last one....

Here you can see WONDERLAND BILL:

Click here

Here you can see

CELEBRATION OF SIDES BY ROBERT NEALE

(with a "Trapdoor" Version in the beginning)

Click here

Magic Chris
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1034 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Wonderland Bill is money well spent. Another nice thing about this trick is that when the bill wears out one can simply make another from a regular bill. In other words, you only need to buy the trick once. I've been carrying mine since I got it years ago. By the way, another thing (that Brad Burt also sells) that's lived in my pocket for several years is the Sudburry Penny. It's held up nicely.
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
Recently moved to Las Vegas and several magic items were lost by the movers. First item to be replaced on my list was the Wonderland Dollar by Nick Brown... Simple and yet very powerful.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13282 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I loved this little gem when I owned one. Man, I lost it and I sure do miss it! I carried that bill around EVERYWHERE!

If I hadn't lost the instructions, I'd be making up another one to replace the one that I lost. Truly I would.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6375 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yes I love mine also.
Todd
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4784 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Pete McCabe
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Pete McCabe
I learned this from Nick himself 20 years ago and I have been doing it ever since. To answer a couple of questions, you can make up a version with any size and shape of paper. The folds might look weird, but method-wise it's doable.

You can make it as big as you want. Nick had one that was a map, with the back side showing flags of different countries. It was maybe 2 by 3 feet, and he did it right in front of me—the visual effect of the wall of colorful flags coming into view was tremendous. This version really played big—maybe not Madison Square Garden big, but you could do it at the Palace of the Magic Castle (about a hundred seats) no problem.

This was a remarkably practical standup trick as well. He had it laminated and it folded up into a pad-of-paper size.
The Wacky Wizard
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of The Wacky Wizard
This is one of three different dollar bill tricks I keep in my wallet.

Wonderland dollar
Dollar to miss-made dollar
Dollar to five dollars

I use my own developed patter for the routine and it always plays BIG!

This is an excellent trick!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I just discovered this and can't wait to add this to my wallet arsenal!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
715 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Of course Meir Yedid began selling this item in the not-too-distant past along with a jig to make creating your own bills easier. I have not seen that version yet but I'm sure it is very nice.

I purchased this item from Nick Brown himself on Ebay. He also sells other items he has created so if you would like to see those items, look him up. If you want his Ebay information, let me know by IM and I'll send it to you.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3357 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have Meir’s dvd/jig and it’s very nice. Template is steel and will last forever. Teaching is very clear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonderland Bill (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL