The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Please wait until the product is released before you make judgements. Coinvexed 2 has a very natural handling due to the design of the upgrade. I have seen and used the new coinvexed. It is well designed and can do almost every routine the QB can do, and some things the QB can't.
You do need to wait until it's released and hear others thoughts.
I will make a prediction that this thread will be overflowing with positive reviews!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I am so on the fence (tipped more towards the positive than theoretical negative) about picking it up so no worries about prejudgement affecting this individuals purchase (I'm waiting for my local dealer to start carrying them instead of pre-ordering though).
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I saw this today. If you like CV 1 you'll like CV 2. If you didn't like CV1 you won't like CV2. The two are actually very similar.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Thanks Andi, that's clarified things a bit for me. The million dollar question seems to be, can you perform the aforementioned bend with just one borrowed coin?

I have a feeling that the routining must be similar to the first one.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Its not very hard to figure out what the new version of Coinvexed might be(if you own the original Coinvexed). If it is what I think it is, it would cut down the original problems for me by 50%. I guess that's quite an improvement, but I still think it is not as streamlined as this effect can be.

Of course this is just speculation on my part, and when the product is released, we will know how much of an improvement it actually is, and maybe its fantastic...we'll have to wait and see.

Rich B.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Rich B is right, easy to figure out.
I never had a problem with bringing out a handful of coins, it is a natural movement when looking for change. After Rich's post I realized some may not like that. Others seem to be stuck on only one coin from the spectator being used (IMHO, it's NOT natural to ask a stranger for change - unless you are panhandling. And if they are seated it is a hassle and stops the flow of your routine).
Anyways, for those that own coinvexed and are interested in the upgrade, yes, it replaces one of the coinvexed gimmicks.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
If you are going to bend a coin (borrowed, what's the point of bringing out another one that's superflous to the effect?

Just asking, that's all.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 09:26, Lord Freddie wrote:
If you are going to bend a coin (borrowed, what's the point of bringing out another one that's superflous to the effect?

Just asking, that's all.

Yes, and that's exactly why Coinvexed 1 wasn't an improvement to the plot. Hopefully Coinvexed 2 will be!

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
If you haven't noticed, most women don't have pockets in their clothes. If you are strolling corporate/fancy parties and you ask a woman for a quarter where do you think they have it? In their purse is the typical answer. And they may have one in their purse, but most women don't carry their purse into business functions and parties, just a little clutch with license, Credit Card, and a few bucks for parking. And a lot of men avoid carrying change in these situations as a pocket full of coin can distract from the look they are trying to acheive. So if you depend on borrowing a coin you may not find one - tough to do a coin bend without a coin.
Introducing coins allows them to make a choice, keeps the flow of the routine, gives a reason to go to the pocket, and avoids the awkward moment where they want you to unbend or replace their quarter. This is true with all coin bending routines, not just coinvexed!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-18 10:58, tpax wrote:
If you haven't noticed, most women don't have pockets in their clothes. If you are strolling corporate/fancy parties and you ask a woman for a quarter where do you think they have it? In their purse is the typical answer. And they may have one in their purse, but most women don't carry their purse into business functions and parties, just a little clutch with license, Credit Card, and a few bucks for parking. And a lot of men avoid carrying change in these situations as a pocket full of coin can distract from the look they are trying to acheive. So if you depend on borrowing a coin you may not find one - tough to do a coin bend without a coin.
Introducing coins allows them to make a choice, keeps the flow of the routine, gives a reason to go to the pocket, and avoids the awkward moment where they want you to unbend or replace their quarter. This is true with all coin bending routines, not just coinvexed!

I agree with you. Not everyone will have a quarter,etc. on them. You may need to provide the quarter. The problem is the fact that TWO coins need to be signed and only ONE gets bent. It is pointless. I hope that is not the case with Coinvexed 2.

If that is not the case, I eagerly await this new coin bender.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
If spec A doesn't have a coin, surely a spec in the vicinity will have a coin. I feel that two coins is something that will fly by the spec but for the sake of streamlining, a pocket full of change isn't all that ideal, clutters the handling a tad plus it provides a unneccessary pause to the routine. However, the routine is different for Coinvex than it is for QB as the Coinvex routine was obviously tailored for Coinvex. In the end, both provides different feels to the coin bend so it comes down to which one a person prefers. I personally like the streamlined handling provided from the QB so since the air has cleared on what CV2 is (for myself at least) I can now make a well informed decision on to or not to purchase CV2. Thanks guys, it's been very helpful.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 09:57, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:

Just asking, that's all.

Yes, and that's exactly why Coinvexed 1 wasn't an improvement to the plot. Hopefully Coinvexed 2 will be!

Best,

Doug L.

in one of your earlier posts, you said that CV2 destroys the QB2. But what you just wrote today say that you hope it's an improvement over CV1. You don't even own the CV2 or seen it's workings and you say that it destroys the QB2? Ummmmmmm.....ok you make a lot of sense
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
animation
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of animation
As an owner of both the original CV1 and quantum bender 2.0, I feel that both these products have a good presentation and handling. The extra advantage that QB2 has over CV1(and this purely presentational advantage), was that only one coin was in play and in the mind of the spectator this is the only thing they need to remember. That is, 'the guy took my signed coin and then bent it', this is simple and very direct. With CV1 they MAY remember, 'he gave me two signed coins and one of them bent in my hand', while this is equally as amazing, it is less logical and just not as direct as the first effect. Why sign two coins but only bend one?

However, if the new CV2 gimmick is what I expect it to be and this is an ASSUMPTION, then I think this will be a huge improvement on the previous gimmick, and will be a major step forward on the presentation/handling of the signed coin bend. I also think it will have the edge over the QB2.
Firstly, pocket space will no longer become an issue, or rather the pocket space problems you have with QB2 will be almost identical to CV2,(2 gimmicks and one coin), but I think in terms of handling CV2 will now have the edge.

Consider this presentation:
You take out some change, hand the spectator a pen to sign a 10p coin. You then hand him your business card or coin envelope, and then ask him/her to write todays date on the back of your business card or on the envelope and then sign it (because you want them to remember this special moment). You then reveal the bend in whatever magical way you choose, then give them the coin and your business card or put it inside the envelope along with your business card, saying 'this is now your lucky coin'. The cool thing is you always get to hand out your business card!

Both the QB2 and CV2, can do the above presentation. But if we were to compare the products now, I think CV2 would give the better handling, due to the direct misdirection provided in the above presentation. Now if we look at the whole picture then, QB2 and CV2 both will have the same pocket space issues, both will provide a single coin bend, both presentations will be clean, but CV2 will be more than £400 cheaper! So taking that into consideration, I think CV2 will destroy the QB2!

But this is only if my assumption of what CV2 is, is correct. Anyway, this is just my thoughts.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-18 19:25, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 09:57, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:

Just asking, that's all.

Best,

Doug L.

in one of your earlier posts, you said that CV2 destroys the QB2. But what you just wrote today say that you hope it's an improvement over CV1. You don't even own the CV2 or seen it's workings and you say that it destroys the QB2? Ummmmmmm.....ok you make a lot of sense

Please disregard what I wrote above. It does sound very confusing..sorry.

I do know the workings of Coinvexed 2 and I will keep this information to myself to respect the creators.

I think it is okay to say this-

Coinvexed 2 is very clever!!! You won't believe the method and it is practical as well.

I will be buying one.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Before I consider this, I shall wait to see if it's as stuck to one routine as the original was.
And also read some reviews that are written by people that have actually bought one, rather than the creator's friends.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 08:45, Lord Freddie wrote:
Before I consider this, I shall wait to see if it's as stuck to one routine as the original was.
And also read some reviews that are written by people that have actually bought one, rather than the creator's friends.

FYI I have never met David Penn or anyone associated with this item. As I posted in the begining, I had a brilliant idea for an improvement to the original, sent it to David, and found out they had the same idea and were in the prototype stage. I was sent a prototype for evaluation, and that is the extent of my involvement with this. I also own/use/like the QB2 so it is easy to compare the two. Yes, I'm biased because we shared the same great idea, but if it was a piece of crap I wouldn't support it.
Not everyone can afford the QB2. Coinvexed 2 can achieve the same effect at a lower cost.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

When will it be released to the dealers?

Thanks!

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Since Coinvexed 2 was released at the Black Pool convention, do we have any reviews from someone that actually purchased this ...and maybe offer some additional insight.

Rich B.
animation
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of animation
I think the best way to do the effect is how I described the routine above. Don't get them to sign an extra coin, tell them to sign a coin envelope, when you have completed your routine, put the coin in the envelope with your business card for them to keep. Anyway Rich B, the gimmick is exactly what you think it is.
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
Neat idea animation, I like it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coinvexed 2 Sharpie Edition Review- (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL