The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artful Mentalism: An Evening with Bob Cassidy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Artful Mentalism: An Evening with Bob Cassidy

Just got the following notice and I'm passing along the news:

Anyone interested in a mentalism teleseminar with Bob Cassidy?

I know. It's a rhetorical question. But it got your attention, right?

Click on the link below for more info.

Incidentally, this is time sensitive. If you wait, you'll miss out.

http://www.artfulmentalism.com

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
This is going to be fun!
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Thanks Greg!
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
I wish I could attend that, thought the transportation cost would be far too fetched Smile

I loved Cassidy material from the time I began reading The artful mentalism of Bob Cassidy.

Max.
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Greg,

Thanks for sharing!

Max,

Teleseminar means you never leave your home. Think conference call eiher on the phone or via Skype.

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Why would anyone support him? His like Luke Jermay..I would'nt cross the road to see it Smile
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Pete,

Why WOULDN'T you support him?

In the past, Bob certainly has ired many because, well, let's just say he's not been the best of businessmen. But now that Lybrary.com and Jerome Finley are handling his material, his material is not a frustrating experience to obtain. And Bob (or Jerome) has certainly put forth a sincere effort to make amends to those who are owed products. Not much more you can ask than that.

And, of course, Bob is one of the undisputed legends of the mentalism field.

Oh, and I am the one who's coordinating this whole event with help from Jerome Finley and Chris Wasshuber (www.Lybrary.com), so it'll definitely happen. And just wait until you see the bonus stuff Bob is offering . . .

Now it's starting to sound like a sales pitch and I didn't want to do that. I apologize for that. I just wanted to let you know that if past experiences have caused you to lose support for Bob, you don't have to worry about that.

And, Pete, if you do decide to cross the road to see it, you'll find you went too far. You only need to pick up the telephone. And you'll be listening, not seeing. It's a teleseminar.

:)

-- Jheff
http://www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1435 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Thank you Chris, Jheff and Jerome.

I am looking forward to it.

Wait till Don Theo hears about this.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I think pete and bob should cage fight - razor blade swami's at dawn.

Personally, I think pete'd be toast, what with his gammy leg, and injury sustained in the famed jermay/carroll death match of 96.

On a more serious not, jheff, pete's entitled to his opinion, and I'm not sure it merited the sensitive response.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Ha ha figure of speech but you did make me smile Smile I wouldnt support him because his a thief isint he? He took money without supplying the goods so that's probadly the main reason but he is a "legend" so I guess I should let it go Smile

don't mind me Im just declaring war here! SmileMentalism/Magic world is a strange place!

Greg Arce is a legend!I love his stuff(Bought nearly all if not all his e-books) and his always given me his time when I've had questions.Cool guy! Though I would have to scratch my head why he would want to promote this...

Still I do like characters..Bob is a character so I do smile when I hear his name.If he saw this post he would possibly curse me and my words which makes me smile even more Smile
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
So let me get this straight.... you need to provide my personal information just to have the option the sign up for a teleseminar?

You can bet you bottom dollar that if you enter your details you'll receive further marketing emails. Are we expected to trust Bob to safeguard our data and to honour our unsubscribe requests? His reputation as a businessman hardly inspires confidence in these matters.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
Pete,

A thief deliberately steals and doesn't give back anything. As I wrote, Bob is making amends. If he hasn't "stolen" from you personally, then your accusations don't mean much. If he has, write me privately and any outstanding orders for e-books, etc., and it will be worked out.
---
Davit,

Your name and e-mail are all that are required, until you wish to pay for the seminar that is. As for the data, I'm handling all the data so far, along with Jerome Finley and Chris Wasshuber. Now, if you don't trust us, that's up to you.

-- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Pete, thanks for the compliments. I do understand why some have problems with Cassidy. He has had a bad history with his ebooks.

My only reason for putting this up is just to give out the information. I'm not pushing it and I don't make a dime from it. I just thought it was the kind of stuff some like to know about before it happens.

Once again, I'm in no way associated with this particular event and I'm not on Bob's payroll. Don't kill the messenger... well, you can give me a wedgie if you'd like. Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Hey Greg,

Thanks for posting it, and Jheff for handling the data ;-)

BTW Jheff -- what's happening eith JOTM.

Thanks guys,

David
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
David,

Big changes (exciting and good!) are happening with JOTM and the website. This isn't the place to talk about it, but I hope to let everyone in on it soon. That and this Cassidy event have been keeping me busy.
-----
Greg,

Thanks for sharing.

-- Jheff
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
This pace is an example of what is termed as a 'squeeze page'.

The idea is to quickly generate enough motivation to have someone part with their email address. I don't wish to do that. If someone wants my custom, they will need to be transparent throughout the entire transaction. Providing an email address and my name just to get more information is not something that I desire to do.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Davit...

Yes, it is a squeeze page... and yes, it's designed to put your name and email address on a list...

But...

Not ALL squeeze pages are inherently bad...

I designed the teleseminar idea and marketing strategy for this event... it is a formula that I have used successfully many, many times... and one main componant of any campaign that I create or use is that the information of those that trust us will not be abused... and that is the case here...

The information you provide will only be used to notify you of when registration for this event is open... we know that there will be great interest in this event and want those that would like to be notified immediately upon its availability to have that information -- in fact those that register for the notification will get first crack at "seats" at this event before anyone else does -- there are a limited amount of "seats" (ie: incoming lines) and right now the list is bursting with those that want to be notified...

It's okay if you don't want to register for advanced notification... that's your perogative and it's perfectly fine -- no one is forcing you to give your information... you'll just have to wait till the event goes publicly live... I can fully understand your suspicion about what we're doing, many others feel the same way...

The beauty about something like this is that in every email sent to those that have registered concerning the event there is an "opt-out" link... as per U.S. CAN-SPAM regulations there must be one in every email... it's at the bottom of the email... all you have to do is click the link and you're unsubscribed -- no more emails...

One thing you do need to know -- the notification list will ONLY be used for this event only, and only to let those interested in attending the event know when the doors are open... after the event the list will be nuked and never used again... and none of the other "partners" in this event will have access to the information in the list either...

This IS going to be one great event... and one not to be missed... whether you join the advanced notification list or not you'll still want to check out what is being put together as soon as we go live...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Can't wait. I'm a big fan. The man is mad, bad and dangerous to know. Smile

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Jim Klodzen
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Jim Klodzen
If you look up my past posts you will find that Bob owes me a lot of stuff. With that said I will go on record supporting Bob and the guys with this project. Jerome has been kind enough to settle some of the items owed to me and knows about the rest of the items. I emailed Jheff just last night and he replied with a wonderful letter about Bob and he too knows.

Once again read my past posts. Let's give the guy a chance to get back on his feet and show him your support and with the hopes he keeps writing (that way he can clear up past material) and tidy up all the other unfinished business.

Looking forward to the event!

Jim
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I too am owed several things from Bob and I too am willing to support and am looking forward to this teleseminar and and other Cassidy-related things including his upcoming appearance at Mindvention in the fall. Yes, I've been blown off, owed products, received personal promises from Bob himself on several occasions, and have at times felt taken advantage of, BUT I also know that I have only a limited amount of knowledge of what Bob has been through over the past several years. I feel it's absolutely great that Bob is taking the steps, with the help of several unselfish others, to start to move forward which he is well aware of includes facing the music for events and actions from the past.

This is a bold and I'm sure difficult thing to do and I applaud him for his efforts and feel he deserves the chance to rectify these situations and redeem himself. I only hope if I'm ever in a similar situation of dealing with such a personal loss followed by the personal, financial and health problems that can and do occur, that I am given the strength and support to try to move forward and make amends to those affected in the process.

My best to Bob and those assisting him, for whatever their individual reasons, and I hope your collective efforts will strengthen Bob, his relationships with his supporters and past customers, and most of all his place in the mentalism community.

I for one am glad he's back - go Bob!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Artful Mentalism: An Evening with Bob Cassidy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL