The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Piet Forton's pop-out move? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
korneille
View Profile
New user
québec/canada
44 Posts

Profile of korneille
Any idea were I can find a book that teaches
this move thanks Smile
"if we don’t take action now we settle for

nothing later we’ll settle for nothing now

and we’ll settle for nothing later!"

rage against the machine
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I imagine this would be difficult to learn from a book but it is on the Jeff McBride Card Manipulation Video series. Jeff says his version is different than the original because he misread it.
Yakworld.
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
552 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
I believe there is a description in Daryl's Confessions of a Puerto Rican Gambler.

-Marty
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2643 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
There is an explanation in "The book of John"
by John Mendoza.
phillip
Munskin
View Profile
Loyal user
Blackpool, England
278 Posts

Profile of Munskin
How does this differ from the Ravelli 'Pop-out' move as described in the Card College series?
If you're after a sometimes funny, sometimes useful blog, check out http://johnholtmagic.wordpress.com
You can buy my other ebooks there too! Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
The Ravelli pop-out uses just a slight difference in handling to achieve nearly the same thing. It (the Ravelli) is also easier to perform but doesn't look quite as magical IMO. Also it doesn't require as much set up as the Piet-Forton move.

After all that I guess they're more different in method than I originally thought.
Yakworld.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Diamond Jim Taylor has a simple way of doing this on his video "pocket full of miracles" It uses a kelly bottom replacement.
I learned mine from the McBride and still use it today, BUT I might start using the easy way?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
3519 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2002-03-19 11:00, Burt Yaroch wrote:
I imagine this would be difficult to learn from a book but it is on the Jeff McBride Card Manipulation Video series. Jeff says his version is different than the original because he misread it.

It is not difficult to learn from a book; nor is any card sleight or effect if your reading comprehension skills are where they need to be.

Magicfish.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
890 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
I went to Piets house to ask him to show me the move but he`d popped out.Oh well Smile
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1118 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
This is taught with proper credit from the originator (and with excellent photo illustrations) in Frank Simon's "Versatile Card Magic".
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
460 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
You can find it on p219 of the complete 'Epilogue'. It is very knacky, and takes a while to get clean, but entirely worth the effort. In my opinion it's one of the most beautiful card revelations. I'd say that the dynamics behind the sleight are very different from those of the Ravelli move, although the effect is not dissimilar.

Tim
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
I believe it is also taught in Jon Racherbaumer's "Card Finesse", provided you can track down a copy of the book.
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Yes, it is on P50. A great card book.
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
There is also an alternate handeling on the move in a book called "Modeus Operandi". I forget the author. Again, provided you can find the book.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1221 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
I learned in "The Gen" magazine. Wasn't hard at all to learn from text. The Frank Simon description is very good. The Mendoza description includes a couple of key points that ensure the move looks magical and "juggly". Piet's original description looks magical and has a great application of the move.
Bringing the underground a little closer to the surface
http://www.DeeperSecrets.com/
http://www.DoccHilfordProducts.com/
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
Quote:
On 2008-04-07 17:04, JHNelson wrote:
There is also an alternate handeling on the move in a book called "Modeus Operandi". I forget the author. Again, provided you can find the book.

Jack Carpenter is the author and it is an excellent book that contains Mr. Carpenter's take on some classic plots and some great gambling routines. He also explains his version of Steve Draun's midnight shift and the Elhers shift.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3601 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2008-04-07 17:04, JHNelson wrote:

The author is Steve Hobbs. The magic, Jack Carpenter's and the publishers is Steve Minch of Hermetic Press. Jack's handing is entirely different in that the card appears face up but begins face down. There is not need to reverse the card before doing the move.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1221 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
that ensure the move looks magical and "juggly".

That should have read "that ensure the move looks magical and NOT "juggly".
zaki_rafih99
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of zaki_rafih99
I don't know what the rules on posting websites is, but theres a new one by mike robinson and another guy jamie who teach sleights and tricks for cheap. I know mike personally, he usually attends the FFFF convention and works on holland america cruise lines... scary talent. PM me for more info, or let me know if I can post the link
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
Thanks for naming the author. Credit where credit is due. I prefer Jack Carpenters handeling because it eliminates the reversed card. It makes it a better utility move for a card reveal.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
890 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Nobody liked my quip about Piet Forton popping out..........Smile
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
If it makes you feel any better, I got a chuckle out of it. Co-workers wouldn't have gotten it, but it gave me a giggle.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
890 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
JHNelson.........a man of fine taste in humour! Smile
JHNelson
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
120 Posts

Profile of JHNelson
You have a sense of humour after my own heart Adam. Nothing like dry wit to faciliate a healthy chuckle.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
890 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Off the topic...but any other card trick/move related quips out there.....there must be some folks!
adamc
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
133 Posts

Profile of adamc
Quote:
On 2008-04-07 22:50, zaki_rafih99 wrote:
I don't know what the rules on posting websites is, but theres a new one by mike robinson and another guy jamie who teach sleights and tricks for cheap. I know mike personally, he usually attends the FFFF convention and works on holland america cruise lines... scary talent. PM me for more info, or let me know if I can post the link

I think a link to this would be beneficial for people interested in other sources for this effect (like myself). Here's what I found:

Piet Forton's Pop Out Move
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Has anyone downloaded this vid file (from fasttricks.com)? Was it any good? How would it compare to Daryl or Jeff McBride's explanation?
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1221 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Rant on permissions deleted.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1484 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Quote:
On 2002-03-24 23:38, Burt Yaroch wrote:
The Ravelli pop-out uses just a slight difference in handling to achieve nearly the same thing. It (the Ravelli) is also easier to perform but doesn't look quite as magical IMO. Also it doesn't require as much set up as the Piet-Forton move.

After all that I guess they're more different in method than I originally thought.

hi
can this be used instead of the jk hartman pop out move?
and if so, is it easier!??
cheers
matt
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
4257 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
A message from Eddy Taytelbaum, Amsterdam, Holland:

"Dear Mats:

Thanks for you recent mail, There we go again!
In the article of the Magic Café concerning the Piet Forton´s popout move
nobody mentions that the inspirational source is Eddy Taytelbaum.

Look up Epilogue page 219 where Piet writes about my influence on the move.
This was the start of our friendship that still lasts to this day.
Although his move is far better then mine, he never fails to mention my influence. In an issue of the Magischewelt devoted to Pete he writes extensively about the history of the move. Thanks for sharing! Eddy"

http://www.magischewelt.de

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Piet Forton's pop-out move? (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.406750 seconds, requiring 102 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [4] [5] [4] [8] [4] [9] [7]