The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Buying Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Can anyone recommend a place to buy some nice cups for the cups and balls trick other than a magic dealer?
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
My recommendation would be to look at antique shops. You can find some real bargains in places. Depends on what style of cup you are going for that will determine the best place to look.
Good luck in your search.
Jason
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
I bought a set from Steven Emporium 10 years ago and they are still going.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
I have a great brass mini set I bought in Tucson, awesome ones.
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
I saw some silver toothbrush holders/cups at Bed, Bath and Beyond (I was a hostile hostage of my wife, I swear) that looked nice. They weren't rounded and wouldn't nest but you could make a passable routine with them.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
As stated to you Gazzo cups are top.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Quote:
On 2003-05-12 10:56, kid iowa wrote:
I saw some silver toothbrush holders/cups at Bed, Bath and Beyond (I was a hostile hostage of my wife, I swear) that looked nice. They weren't rounded and wouldn't nest but you could make a passable routine with them.

I hear you there man. I usually try to stay in the car while she goes and lollygags in that hellish store.

But yes, they do have some nice cups.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hello All

Please read my post under "Cups and Balls"
I think you will find what you're looking for.

The cups at BB & Beyond are just that, beyond being any good for ANY of the classic C&B routines.

A " PRO" should have professional props!!

Cheers

Michael Lee
johnloon
View Profile
New user
UK
54 Posts

Profile of johnloon
Get the Gazzo cups from
http://www.magicpitch.com

They are prefect for street magic
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This post is a perfect example of the confusion that has been caused by David Blaine hijacking the term "street magic" for use in his special.

Real "street magic" is not found under this topic, but under "Sidewalk Shuffle," which is the name of a stage magic trick using playing cards.

This post is not a flame against David Blaine nor his many followers. It's just an observation.

I have posted my great admiration for David in the appropriate places.

If you want to make your own cups, feel free to do so. You can do the Ramsey routine with two ice cream cups, if you wish. You can do the cups and balls with plastic cups you get from Wal-Mart. They have some nice cups right now for 68¢ apiece. They even have a big attic space when stacked, and a ridge around the bottom so your pom-poms or superballs won't roll off of them.

OTOH, if you want to look like a pro, you need professional props.

To get an idea of some of the things that are available, go to http://www.hocuspocusjr.com/cups.htm . These are by no means all the cups that are available, either.

You can find cups sets on eBay from time to time, too. I'm not sure why you would not want to buy cups from a dealer, though. The cups and balls have been around for many centuries. Contemporary sets have evolved over a period of several hundred years. There are sets that are available now that William Vincent would have given his right arm for. But then again, he would not have been able to perform nearly as well with an arm missing. After all, he was no Rene Lavand.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
Thanks for your insight Bill. The reason I wanted cups someplace other than a dealer was because I don't live near a magic shop, nor do I like to shop online.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Buying Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL