The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2009 entrée: Bob Sheets » » Getting the most out of Bob Does Hospitality » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BobSheets
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of BobSheets
If I had put this in on the DVD it would have been like watching wallpaper paste dry so here it is for you to digest at your own speed.

The DVD series was always meant to be seen as a modular system of interchangeable magic. So if your looking at these as if 1,2,3 are separate acts you’ve missed the utility of the system and they don’t really go together that way. They were put together in the particular order so that each DVD had three different types of magic and timed out equally. The acts do go together but you need all three sets and I’ll put some together for you. The best example is that Act 3 puts the Flash Deck and Six Tricks together on the DVD. It was because of the method used in each and I would never perform these two routines in the same show.

The acts can be combined for close-up, formal close-up, table-hopping, parlor and stand-up venues. Everyone has routines they’ve done for years and you use this group to fill in the holes and provide variety.

Act 1
The Bunnies – Multiply and grow in the spectators’ hands.
Intuition- Audience members read each other’s mind and don’t know how.
Marked- The brilliant John Cornelius routine. Gambling themed punch packing packet trick.

Act 2
Triple Transpo- Copper Silver Brass with no pocket switches coin routine.
Gotcha- A multi-phase version of Triumph with a Sucker trick kicker.
Red Hot Mama- Classic routine with lots of comedy mixed with the 3 ½ and 52 on one.

Act 3
Three Ball Trick- Classic, with touches that make it so you can actually do it.
Flash Deck- A think of a card routine for the working magician.
6 Tricks in 2 Minutes- An Ambitious Card routine for the rest of us.

WALK AROUND SHOW LIST
# 1 has the bunnies loaded in my pockets, coins in the purse, and Six Tricks in Two minutes. This is a quick hit show with lots of eye candy. So I pulled one from each Act above.

# 2 puts the 3 balls in my pockets, Marked, and Flash deck.
Another set arranged with one piece from act 1 and 2 pieces from act 3.

# 3 puts Red Hot Mama as a stand alone set. It has everything, novelty lots of jokes and a punch ending. You can also edit the time by cutting segments and combining novelty items from shows one or two.

# 4 if I leave the flash deck or six tricks at home and substitute Gotcha it gives me another novelty card routine like #3 and add either the coins, balls, or bunnies. Very strong set.

It’s algebra so you add or pull one of the routines as your mood or the crowd dictates.

Two decks, one real, one gaffed, 2 jumbo cards, coins in a purse, 3 balls, bunnies.

To the above I can add one of my other routines such as the dice for “It’s the rules,” the safety pins for “Grab That Pinhead,” and my routine for Pat Page’s 3 Card Monte called “Killer Kitson.”

You can show up at a walk- around gig without a bag and go to work out of your pockets and do three different sets so that last group can’t look over and see you doing a trick you did for them.

Obviously you can add or subtract your own routines to fit in these sets. Sometimes the short attention span of your audience dictates what you cut or add from the set.

Intuition is from my trade show close-up act and works great for a formal close-up or parlor show. You can read about that routine in the post “What I didn’t tell you about Intuition.

Hope that sheds some light on this series for you.

bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2009 entrée: Bob Sheets » » Getting the most out of Bob Does Hospitality » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL