The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
randallmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of randallmagic
My experience with Penguin Magic is really bad and I don't know why.

I purchased an item from Penguin Magic. They packed it poorly and it got damaged. After much hassle, I finally got them and they said ship it back, they would pay shipping back, and they would send out another. So they send out another but it too was damaged. So I had to ship it back again after about a month of trying to get a hold of them. They said they would pay the shipping again. I reminded them they never paid the first shipping for me. They said ship it back and they would refund me the money for the item and the shipping. So I sent it back and now it has been few weeks again and they haven't refunded me any money. Emails goes un answered and their phone is always busy. So no response.

This is very frustrating and as of now, I am doubting whether this is a reputable company. If they ever respond I will follow up. Heck I will follow up if they don't too.

randall
randallmagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of randallmagic
I am happy to report that Penguin came through for me, finally. It took awhile but I am very pleased with the way this situation turned out. Now you can add my voice to their approval as a reputable magic company. Thanks Penguin.
Randall
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Reminds me of the time years ago when I had ordered from another online company (I won't say) anyway, to my horror, when the package arrived at my doorstep, and I found it, someone had torn it open, stolen the contents, and stuffed the box with grass, dirt, rocks, and an old beat up, empty beer can. (Least they could have done was left the beer in it)

Anyway, with that company, I was S.O.L.

But I have to say that with Penguin, times I have ordered from them, my service has always been excellent.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
magic mccurry
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magic mccurry
Sounds like I should give Penquin a chance. It seems that they provide very good service. I do appreciate the comments.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I called in an order yesterday. Spoke to the head honcho. He was courteous and helpful as can be.

Recommended.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 09:03, daffydoug wrote:
I called in an order yesterday. Spoke to the head honcho. He was courteous and helpful as can be.

Recommended.

Maxwell does answewr the phone, e-mails.
~Joe
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Although I tend to buy more from the original creators than from bigger box retailers, I must say that when an effect that I have missed comes to my attention after it has been wholesaled, Penguin is where I look for it. Prices are the best and service has always been good.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 18:15, randallmagic wrote:
My experience with Penguin Magic is really bad and I don't know why.

I purchased an item from Penguin Magic. They packed it poorly and it got damaged. After much hassle, I finally got them and they said ship it back, they would pay shipping back, and they would send out another. So they send out another but it too was damaged. So I had to ship it back again after about a month of trying to get a hold of them. They said they would pay the shipping again. I reminded them they never paid the first shipping for me. They said ship it back and they would refund me the money for the item and the shipping. So I sent it back and now it has been few weeks again and they haven't refunded me any money. Emails goes un answered and their phone is always busy. So no response.

This is very frustrating and as of now, I am doubting whether this is a reputable company. If they ever respond I will follow up. Heck I will follow up if they don't too.

randall

I know this is an old thread but I am having a similar issue with them, only I received a trick that is missing the main gimmick...I was told nobody else had problems with this trick, and perhaps I am following the instructions incorrectly. After many tries, I finally reached a live person, who said they would send me a prepaid shipping label, so I could just exchange it. My follow up email inquiries have gone unanswered. I am nearly ready to use yelp and every other means, including Facebook and twitter to let everyone know what poor customer service I am currently receiving. Oh, and to top it off, an additional item I ordered was substituted with an entirely different product...
Does anyone have any information on how to contact the owners? I figured that would be my last resort before sharing my story as far and wide as possible.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Ok, I finally got a response from Gayle, who seems very helpful...I'll keep you posted.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Well, usually when my order went bad, I just sent them an e-mail and wait for two days max. It never went over than 48 hours to get a great response, including replacement for anything.

Recently Penguin has once again made me satisfied as their loyal customer. I know that every now and then, some purchases will go wrong (defect items, wrong items sent, missing items, etc) but I still believe in their great customer service and I can see that they focus on that strongly.

I always feel happy and excited every time I order something from Penguin, and Acar can be reached via e-mail and he will send you a friendly response.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
No complaints for,Penguin from me. Always a good experience and I've ordered way to many times as I'm sure you have as well. Lol. +1. For Penguin.

Video of them packing your items
Video demos
Public reviews
The fact that they have helped some of the smaller guys sell their product.
Online chat with VERY timely answers.
Phone #
Accepts Paypal
Cheap prices
Great customer service
COOL BOX PROMOTIONS are at ridiculous prices!
Fast shipping
They show a time limit clock for same day shipping.
Option for FREE shipping on dvds
Online lectures. This has got to be one of the single most smartest things that could have been thought of. Monetarily and for the magic community! Great job! (Even though I havent attended one).

Lets see what else?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
M&M's? Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Penguin gives great customer service. The do stand behind the tricks they sell. If you are not happy with a purchase- they will make it right. I've always had stellar service from them.
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
Penguin has always been my goto place. Though the freindly feel is starting to melt away since they haven't had any Vlogs from anyone lately.
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
Agreed. Penguin has good customer service. I've never had a problem.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I must say no one comes close to penguin

I could order from a UK dealer and be lucky if my item arrived within a week

Ordering from penguin in the USA is much Quicker and the prices are better
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What's with the new Penguin website? Personally, I liked the previous one much better.
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I agree with Daffy.
Keith
SHAZAM!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I enjoyed the color and graphics and such. This new site seems clinical and sterile. I'm sure they are trying to "improve" things, but I think they've shot themselves in the foot.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'll tell you what: Hank Lee may have been a bad boy, but his website was a winner. I always found myself going back because the site had inherent eye appeal. To me it was the most interesting of all magic sites I've ever visited. The site itself was MAGICAL. No one, in my opinion, has ever come close to that site in eye appeal. (For what it's worth).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL