The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pierced & Punctured (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Hello Café,

I'm currently still working on my next release called Under Wraps (there is a thread about it in Latest and Greatest), but while I tinker with that, I'm releasing another effect called Pierced & Punctured. The basic effect is below.

"The magician introduces a pack of playing cards and a stapler. He spreads through the cards to show that they are all different, he shuffles and cuts the deck and asks for a spectator to choose a playing card. For example, they choose the Ace of Spades (this can be signed by the spectator if you wish). This is put to one side as the magician again cuts the deck and asks the spectator to choose a card for him, they do, and it is the 10 of Hearts (the magician can sign his card if he wishes).

The magician then staples the Ace of Spades to the card box, and shows the spectator the card face while it is stapled. He then takes the 10 of Hearts and slowly rubs it over the stapled Ace. Suddenly there is a loud snapping sound. The magician shows two puncture holes have appeared on the back of his 10 of Hearts, he slowly turns it over to reveal it has in fact changed to the spectators Ace of Spades. The magician then slowly peels back and rips off the stapled card to reveal it is now his 10 of hearts. The cards have changed places under impossible circumstances."

Now, essentially, you may be thinking this is nothing more than a dressed up Here, Then There routine? But, the main difference is, you can acctually show the Ace stapled to the card box, extremely fairly, seconds before it changes and both cards can be signed.

I'm currently working on the final draft and have free review copies available for anyone who wants one. Please feel free to PM me with your email address and I will post one out to you right away and look forward to a Café review.

All the best.

Kit
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is an awesom effect! As an aved fan of a different similar effect like this in a well known Japaneese book, I will definaltly be changing it for Kits P&P. Awesome routine and definatly a stunner!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Kit shared this with me as well. It's "Here, then There" on steroids!! If you like that premise, imagine having a card switch places impossibly with a card stapled on the card box. You and your spectator can also sign the cards, but I think that is just overproving. If you see the stapled card on the box, and then it transposes on the card in your hand (with holes to prove it), I think that will more than just leave your spectator gobsmacked!! Great thinking! I love this and will play with it. Thanks for sharing Kit.
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Thank you both for the kind words.

As an update I have a few online magic shops interested in stocking this efect and it should be ready for release in the next few days.

Please feel free to ask any questions regarding the effect. I'm currently waiting for feedback from a few other members of The Café, but I can still hand out a few more copies free of charge for a review, if you're interested feel free to drop me a PM with your email address.

All the best.
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I just got this and it is very cool! As said by VcosNJ, this will leave your spectator's gobsmacked! I will write a more in-depth review shortly.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
This is another winner from Kit. They see the ace on the box and the 10 in your hand until the last moment and bang, they have impossibly switched places. You guys need to look into this when it is released. What I like about the PDF is that Kit takes time to explain certain subtleties that really psychologically enhance the effect for the spectators. Ill be using this.

Nico
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it.

There will be a few more reviews on the way, in the mean time here is what a few pro's have said.

“I like this very much. The preparation of the card box is clever and makes the whole thing very convincing.” – Peter Duffie

“It looks and reads excellent”. – Wayne Dobson

This will be available soon at a handfull of magic shops online.
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Please read a more detailed review by Mayniac posted here - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#1
Kit
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Kit
Pierced & Punctured is now for sale at Lybrary.com. To view it please go here - http://www.lybrary.com/pierced-punctured......fc0899d8

It will be up for sale at various other shops in the next week or so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pierced & Punctured (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL