The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Best Squeaker (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brenton Keith
View Profile
New user
Maui, Hawaii
31 Posts

Profile of Brenton Keith
I am on the hunt to find the best squeaker. In my opinion, a "Soft Pillow" "Single Talk (one squeak)" small squeaker is ideal. A little over a year ago I bought Doc Wayne's "The Art of Public Squeaking", which came with this type of squeaker. I loved it and became very used to handling it. Unfortunately, after a year, it stopped squeaking. It was 1.75" in diameter and about .75" in height. I have tried to replace it and I've had no luck. I even bought another $6 "Art of Public Squeaking" book just so I could hopefully replace my little gem of a toy, and now it comes with a "Hard Pillow" and not nearly the same quality to get your best squeak on. I even tried to contact Doc Wayne by sending him a letter (his address is in the book), hoping he could help, but he never responded. I am desperate and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Squeaks!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I prefer mouth squeekers. The ones I have gotten over the years are Mosquito Whistles or squeekers from Bob Little...and other sources...including a few that are on the Café.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I prefer to step on a live mouse (of the smaller, more squeakable variety). Problem is that this method only works once --so its a "throw away"! Smile

Just kidding, I love incorporating the small (and sometimes larger) transparent hand squeakers into my show (readily available from our local Canadian dealers).

They have even produced a "double squeak" version recently, but I find that "Two" many squeaks ruin the fun. :roll eyes:

Best of luck!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
scintnl
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of scintnl
I think Vernet has the ones you look after. One is included in the Invisible Hands accesories
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
Yes Bob Little is the best Squeaker in the business, Nobody Squeaks like Bob.....
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I got my first batch of 100 from Bob L. My last bunch were from someone on the Café. I am down to my last dozen and will need to find the source. My new source of mouth squeakers had them in different sizes and had a different noise.

Dr Laugh 4u tip for the day..try 2 back to back (reversed) for alien sound...

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Rock_Slatestone
View Profile
Regular user
Been Here A While But My Post Count Is
120 Posts

Profile of Rock_Slatestone
Does anyone have a web store they can recommend that sells the mouth sqeakers?
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
The mouth squeakers on that page are what I use (though from a different source)

I didn't understand squeezing them, as I use them with a humming motion.

As mentioned before 2, 3 or 4 of them can create quite a unique noise..especially if you don't have them going in the same direction.
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
dew
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dew
These are fun to use
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Hi, I make my own mouth squeakers from a simple plastic straw, it can be tuned to any 'key' and give a wide range of sounds(if you re interested feel free to PM me).
another option is to simply take out the squeaker from a squeaking toy (cheapest are the eggs sold by 12).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Best Squeaker (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL