The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Parlor Show Opening Routines (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2017, TheHillusionist wrote:
I produce multiple large silks from thin air, vanish some candles to silks. I have a bouquet of red roses but with one white. I perform the 3 color changing rose to get it the right color then follow that with Flower Power (throw a bunch of red rose pedals in the air and touch a rose to them to change colors, then the rose magically turns into a bouquet. This is all done to music.

At times I follow that up with "Enchanted Egg". There's just something my crowds seem to love about changing white rose pedals into an egg, then cracking it to confirm it is indeed real. A really great way to close an opener and begin the show. Most times I follow that with a Silk To Egg routine .. the one by Dan Harlan on his Tarbell lessons involving fire. Without a doubt my favorite silk to egg routine. Depending on the crowd, I often include Misers Dream in the mix somewhere. My openers are also determined by the event .. I wouldn't do the same opener for a corporate show as I would for a child birthday party. Goes without saying probably.

First impression is paramount. You have to get their attention quick, make them smile and gasp right away to show them what they're in for. It all depends on your style, the crowd .. and how the two mesh. Big, flashy, loud and quick is best.

The rose petal to egg is just as good for younger audiences as it is for an older group. It is always something my audiences comment about after a show. Love doing it to music.
TheHillusionist
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TheHillusionist
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2017, Scott Alexander wrote:
There is some great advice and thought in the first pages of Tarbell Volume Three on opening your show. Many examples are provided that past masters used to open their acts. Well worth reading.

Thanks so much. I'll have a peek!
TheHillusionist
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TheHillusionist
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, Dan Ford wrote:

The rose petal to egg is just as good for younger audiences as it is for an older group. It is always something my audiences comment about after a show. Love doing it to music.

Totally agree. I do that, silk to egg .. and for kid shows I do multiplying eggs from devil's hank....after vanishing in egg bag. Kids arms become full of eggs..dropping them, etc. They love it. 3 great egg routines
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
For my opening, I say "Hello"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Parlor Show Opening Routines (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL