The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Suggestions for Best Color Changing Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of cloneman
I've developed a small packet color changing routine and need suggestions for a good color changing deck for a climax.

So far, here's what I have: I tell the audience that this is a weird trick with color blind cards.

I take for blue cards out of a blue deck (two red spots, two black spots) and show both sides cleanly. I point out that it's a little known fact that the ink on the cards is quite susceptible to pressure. If the red spot card is rubbed against a black spot, with a little bend and a snap… the cards all change to red backs. I display them cleanly and openly, showing that there are only four cards, all with red backs.

Of course, the principle works the other way too. I take a black spot, rub it on a red back, and just that card darkens to a blue back.

At this point I want to rub the cards on the deck as I ask the spectator what they think will happen. They say the deck will turn red. I point out that the cards are color blind because… the deck has changed to a third color.

Here’s where I need your input: I need a good whole deck color change to accomplish the climax. I’ve played around with putting a blue card on the bottom and doing an Erdnase change, but, I’d like some other suggestions on how to accomplish this (and I don’t really want to switch out decks).

Thanks in advance!
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
There's a nice bicycle deck made up of back designs from different eras and a nice assortment of colors.

I thick it's just sold as a Rainbow Deck. A number of dealers carry it.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Look at David Regal's color changing deck. Not only the backs change but the faces do also. You get red clubs and spades and black hearts and diamonds. Spectators are dumbfounded.
Mentalism for the Metroplex
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
You might get some ideas for a very visual change from Dave Forrest's "Color Burn". Spectator selects any card, magician changes the back, then changes the whole deck.
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hbenod
Look at David Williamson's "The Funner Color Stunner"
Bryn Williams
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Bryn Williams
Matthew Johnson's "Color Blind" is my personal "go-to" full deck color change, it's visual, full of magical moments and with a killer kicker. check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Uwmd2I218
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
The one I use is Roberto Giobbi's Color Changing Deck from Card College vol. 5, p. 1333.

Also take a look at Doug Conn's Chameleon Sandwich, a sample of his book "Tricks of My Trade" from his website:

http://www.dougconn.com/tomtsample/chameleon1.htm

I don't know if you will be able to incorporate either of these into your routine, but they're worth a look.
Jonathan Smith
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Smith
Technicolor Aces - Fulves
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Derek Dingle.
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Awesome list, thanks everyone! I look forward to delving into all of the resources provided and reposting.

markmiller - I'm not sure I understood your "Derek Dingle" post.
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Another vote for Funner color Stunner. His presentation is wonderful. He tells a wonderful story about meeting Vernon at the Castle. I use it every year at St. Patrick's day to change red cards to green. I talk about meeting Billy McComb and with a horrible Irish accent, the story is complete.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I like John Carney's Slow Fade to Red.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Another suggestion:
http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/

Click ChangE, on bottom of their video screen.
(Tony Chang's presentation, at the end of this clip)

Hope you like it?

Warmest regards,

Sixten
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I'll also vote for Dave Forrests' Color Burn...Slow motion color changing deck...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Helder Guimaraes has a really nice Triumph routine where the deck changes color on his DVD.
It's one of the Bonus Routines.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Mark Miller is probably referring to Dingles Color Triumphant.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Dave Forrest's BLURRED DECK on the "2WO FACED" DVD it's a killer Smile

-Morten-
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
How about this for a color changing deck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie......01262067

HAPPY BIDDING!

Posted: Apr 12, 2009 10:03am
Wow! This deck sold for $170!
– Karl Germain
DudleyMagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DudleyMagic
Barry Price has a beautifull color changing deck routine in one of his books.The routine starts as an ambitious card sequence,and finishes with a color changing deck kicker.
Retchin
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Retchin
You could try something like: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIWmp-20IHA&feature=channel_page", but with the backs of the deck, not the faces.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Suggestions for Best Color Changing Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL