The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » How can I create a Brotherhood of magicians? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
Hi to all,

In my country, magic is a very new art, actually I think we are around 20 magicians for 13 million people. Than is why I want some tips to creat a brotherhood of magicians in my town. What would you recomend? Right now I only know around 6 magicians in my hometown and I meet with them every thursday for some magic chat. How can I begin our brotherhood?

Thank you.
SCHERZO
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
59 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
My dear friend. In thursay's meetings, we are practicing and chating, so I think we are a brotherhood. I think you want to make it formal or set it up as a club or something like thay, right? As magic is an art, I think we just have too keep gathering, practicing and supporting as a group of friends. We have to set some objectives and work with it, in order to open a web page, a logo for people to recognice us, and live the art of magic.
Que viva la magia!!
ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
That is right my brother, what you just said is the truth. But I am wondering, do we need rules? what if someone new or a profane wants to join us? What would happen if one of us decides to reveal any secret or magical effect? At some point I think that it would be a good idea to have at leats some parameters. Right now it is very easy because we are only 6 very good and close friends, but in the future?
Probably you are right, actually I do not like rules and parameters, I rather to have some kind of flexibility, buy our intention is to make the group grow bigger right?
But anyway, as you said; Que viva la magia my dear friend!!!!
LuchoD
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
4 Posts

Profile of LuchoD
Hey! Two of the best magicians in Kito. I think that every brotherhood needs rules. Like all the things we said about 13M in Sebas' house and I think that if we continue with the idea we can have a lot of people with us. But we need to talk more about it.

Suerte
LuchoD.
ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
Hola Mis Amigos NAcho tuoni y LuchoD

I would like to retake this subject because it is very interesting and in some way it would be perfect for all the Ecuadorian Magicians. Rules? for me it is imperative at the rate we are growing.

Take care
Scherzo
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Wow ... sounds like you have cornered the market!
ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
I know Its amazing, you should come to visit us here =)

Scherzo
magicbobc
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of magicbobc
It seems like you already have a brotherhood!!
Keep the flow, and it eventually will go Big.
Start doing some branding among magicians in Ecuador.
Saludos a todos los magos!
BobC
willhunter
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
140 Posts

Profile of willhunter
The folks at the International Brotherhood of Magicians (IBM) helped my friend get a Ring started when I lived in a area that did not have a Ring (Rings are what the IBM calls the local groups). I would contact them, there is a IBM forum on this site and they are at http://www.magician.org/.

Best of luck!!!! I love to visit your Brotherhood someday!!!

Regards,
Will Hunter aka Billy Boston
aka Billy Boston
ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
Dear Willhunter

You have been very helpfull thanks a lot my friend. You are totally invited to join our small brotherhood of magical arts. Thanks also for the link. By the way we live in Ecuador South America. if you come here any day feel free to contact us.

Take care
Scherzo.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Greetings we hope that you will find the IBM a great and giving organization. The Headquaters office will help you to for your group and show you how you can fit in to the rest of the world. even though you are in Ecuador ther are magicians not far from you. if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
MichaelTaggert
http://www.michaeltaggertmagic.com
ScHeRzO
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
63 Posts

Profile of ScHeRzO
Thanks Michael.
Your enthusiasm and knowledge has been very usfull for us, I am checking your site and the IBM´s site as well. I will let you know if I have any doubt.

Greetings
Scherzo
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Scherzo,

Here is the specific page on the International Brotherhood of Magicians Web Portal that contains information about starting a Ring. I wish you well as you expand the world of magic in Ecuador.

http://www.magician.org/portal/en/node/9

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
willhunter
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
140 Posts

Profile of willhunter
ScHeRzO:

I placed Ecuador and your club on my list of places to visit. Hopefully someday I can make it there to visit you. The language is Spanish, correct. I already was working on my Spanish to be able to do my show in Spanish speaking counties, and for Spanish speaking clients here in the US.

Best of luck with your Ring!

Regards,
Will Hunter
aka Billy Boston

Quote:
On 2009-10-12 11:31, ScHeRzO wrote:
Dear Willhunter

You have been very helpfull thanks a lot my friend. You are totally invited to join our small brotherhood of magical arts. Thanks also for the link. By the way we live in Ecuador South America. if you come here any day feel free to contact us.

Take care
Scherzo.
aka Billy Boston
willhunter
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
140 Posts

Profile of willhunter
What city is your club in? "Kito?" Is that another or spelling name for "Quito"? Or is it in another city? Please for give my ignorance of your geography?
aka Billy Boston
willhunter
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
140 Posts

Profile of willhunter
Any luck with the website?
aka Billy Boston
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » How can I create a Brotherhood of magicians? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL