The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Your Favorite "Fun" Packet Tricks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Wild card routine from Tommy Wonder for sure. Been playing with iChange from Alakazam, and the new Tsunami trick. Like them both, but the later has many more application. For table setting, Tommy Wonder's! Strolling, Tsunami Transpo!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16683 Posts

Profile of joseph
NFW..
Daryls Presto Printo...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2516 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
2 that I've been performing for years:

E-Y-E by Edward Victor (with added bits & pieces from Ken Brooke)

Guiness/Castella by Joe Riding - for me its the greatest 'bar trick' with cards of all time

I don't want to appear controversial but there's a reason I think these 2 are my personal favourites.

With many packet effects, they don't seem to have a strong theme throughout, and they are often presented as a race to get to the finishing line in order to hit them with a finale - e.g. the 3rd card is different, or backs change colour, etc.

With the aforementioned two effects, the magic gets stronger THROUGHOUT the routine but at each stage, something new has happened AND each phase is strong enough to have stood alone on it's own merits.

I also have never been mad on packet tricks that use regular cards you would find in a pack.........IF they are initially removed from a little vinyl wallet!
Barry Allen

Mercedes-Benz W123 Series.............undoubtedly Stuttgart's finest hour.
mikethemagician
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of mikethemagician
Sixtey nine by Dan and Dave Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3925 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"Eye Exam" by Danny Archer.

4 Jacks take turns reversing themselves in the packet. Then their backs change color (red to blue, or blue to red, your choice). Then the backs turn into mini Eye Charts - and the last row on the chart is a card reveal.

Wonderful trick, and no sleights - if you can do a biddle count, you can do this. I would recommend it to anyone.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Laurent A
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Laurent A
base851
View Profile
New user
Houston, TX
58 Posts

Profile of base851
I'd have to say Geoff Williams' "I Hate David Copperfield". It gets consistently great reactions and is a lot of fun to do on my end as well. Smile
Tricky Tom
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Tricky Tom
Hi, I'm just getting back into Packet tricks. I saw a table hopper do a trick called MARKED ( John Cornelious ) and loved it, and it sparked my return to packet tricks. Anyone know where I can get MARKED , or another trick mentioned in this thread called HAPPY FAMILY ( they sound similar )

Also, I keep seeing the reference to a packet trick called NFW...and couldn't think of what the acronim ( initials ) might stand for...and then it hit me, the spectators reaction. Am I correct, is that the name of the effect? What is the trick. Thanks. Tom
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5663 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-03-31 21:05, Tricky Tom wrote:
Hi, I'm just getting back into Packet tricks. I saw a table hopper do a trick called MARKED ( John Cornelious ) and loved it, and it sparked my return to packet tricks. Anyone know where I can get MARKED , or another trick mentioned in this thread called HAPPY FAMILY ( they sound similar )

Also, I keep seeing the reference to a packet trick called NFW...and couldn't think of what the acronim ( initials ) might stand for...and then it hit me, the spectators reaction. Am I correct, is that the name of the effect? What is the trick. Thanks. Tom

Hi Tom,

Marked can be found in the book The Award Winning Magic of John Cornelius. The effect for NFW can be found by doing a search for it on any good magic dealer website; it IS a VERY strong effect.

Let's see, "fun" packet tricks...

Poor Man's Monte (Richard Vollmer, Apocalypse), Three Blanks Routine (Dave Campbell, The Dave Campbell Legacy), Poor Charlie (Derek Dingle, The Complete Works of Derek Dingle), Presto Printo (Daryl), Call of the Wild (John Bannon), Irish Poker Hand (Dave Campbell, The Dave Campbell Legacy), The Sting (Walt Maddison, Apocalypse), Eight Card Brainwave (Nick Trost, The Card Magic of Nick Trost), Noah's Mix Up (Gene Castillon, Apocalypse), Beyond Belief (Dave Campbell, The Dave Campbell Legacy), 10 Card Monte (Dai Vernon, The Dai Vernon Book of Magic), Intuitive (Peter Duffie, 5x5 Scotland), Dotty Spots (Dave Campbell, 5x5 Scotland), Ambitious Classic (Larry Jennings, The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings), Twisted Sisters (John Bannon), The Gypsy Curse (Peter Kane), Maxi-Twisto (Nick Trost, The Card Magic of Nick Trost), Wild Card (There are SO many great wild card routines in print. I love this plot. Steve Dacri has an excellent routine that duplicates signatures and makes a great way to hand out cards to promote your act), Picasso Aces (Phil Goldstein, Focus), Dangerous Game (Max Maven, PRISM)

Phew, quite a list! Obviously these aren't ALL in my repertoire anymore, but I have performed each and every one at one time or another and all are great IMHO.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
I mentioned this in a another thread, but Doc Eason's King Arthurs pub is a great twist on the original Ton Onosaka's "bicycle built for five" routine
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
Wild card routine too! Tommoy wonder's approach is great. I love it
jbz
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of jbz
Choose your queen, million dollar monte, and wild card are all great tricks, and my personal favorites.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
249 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Suprised to see Banon's Twisted Sisters not mentioned. It's a killer 3 times!
Skinner's 3 Card Monte always plays great.
Color Monte - started using that after it sat in the drawer for years.

Cheers!
Hondo
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Hondo
1. Picasso Bands
2. Shining Stars rod routine
3. Sp-ring
4. Ambitious Stainless Card
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2871 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2010-04-06 15:01, SmittyWitty wrote:
Suprised to see Banon's Twisted Sisters not mentioned. It's a killer 3 times!
Skinner's 3 Card Monte always plays great.

Cheers!

Those have not been mentioned here because we are talking about packet tricks that do not use "regular" cards. Smile
Find my e-books and videos at:

http://www.lybrary.com/david-devlin-m-98836.html
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Cordially Yours- Aldo Colombini

4' Wave- another Colombini

Out Of Order- Angelo Carbone
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Colour monte. The exact routine except cards have, this, that and the other written on them instead of normal, red card, blue card and money card.
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
"The Web, "Dracula" & "Cannibal Cards" for spooky Halloween fun.

Enjoy!

John
Nothing is better than more.
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Lash
For me it's NFW, Three Card Monte, and B'Wave.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13102 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Fun packet Effect? I love Sander's "Stickman Five", "Pick Pocket Mona", ...
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Your Favorite "Fun" Packet Tricks (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL