The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » HN Review 20: Weerd Enough – Kenton Knepper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 20: Weerd Enough – Kenton Knepper

AD:
This work contains six of Kenton's most unusual effects and methods. Previously unreleased except to a private few, these concepts will challenge you. Far from the "ordinary" this manuscript details:
How to find a card by "channeling" a spectator. How to make a problem "vanish" for a spectator - they actually SEE this happen - while alone in the privacy of their own home.
Powerful magic mixed with an appropriate visual metaphor. Perform a routine in which words and scent are the actual method. Make vanished coins or charms reappear inside a lit candle. Learn how the legendary crop circle diagrams are used for psychic or psychological "readings". All the needed artwork is included. This alone could have been sold for more than the cost of the entire manuscript. More (of course) including further effect and presentations,
more extended and diverse applications, and new gut-level essays.
It is little wonder that many have awaited Kenton's release of this "Weerd" material. It took the ending of Docc Hilford's "Weerd Weekend" to get Kenton to divulge this secret work to others. A very select few have been in the know - as they paid Kenton to create some of this work for their own performances! Now these often startling effects and strange but magical methods can be YOURS. This manuscript may be a tribute to unusual and "Weerd" magic, but do not let that confuse you. These remarkable methods are applicable to many diverse effects and routines. Even if you are not interested in "Weerd" magic, you are bound to find these ideas to be of unique, and inspiring value. Besides, some of it is just flat out FUN.
If you do close-up, there are things in here you simply must have. If you do mentalism, be prepared for some amazing ideas that you will use, and that will challenge you too. If you do "readings", Kenton's "Crop Circle Readings" has been a secret gem for many years. Now complete with the artwork, you can make your own at a fraction of what it would cost you otherwise.
As one person privy to this material put it, "Read this and be in awe". WE say, "You're sure to find some items of unique interest in this one". We'd hate to be immodest, after all.

REVIEW:

Very interesting book (not bizarre, just weird), I found a jewel there (the Docc Hilford holiday memories) that “went straight into my act”, as professional quoters would say. All-round suggestions coupled with an arguable magic kicker.

Also contains Dorian Gray applications of an item you can purchase for a few dollars in a sewing shop (and at about ten times its price through other dealers…)

Other effects include ####### cards and other laminated items – sorry I removed those from my mind.

Overall rating: very good

H.
Michael M
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
87 Posts

Profile of Michael M
Harvey,

Could you perhaps describe in greater detail how, not the secret but in what kind of fashion, Kenton "channels" a spectator, or causes a spectator's fear to vanish. For example, do you go through the motions of dealing out the deck as the spectator did, or do you write down a spectator's fear and cause the paper or writing to vanish? What are the actual effects? Thanks!

~ Michael
My Magic - My Way Entertainment
Conjuring With Character
www.MyMagicMyWay.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » HN Review 20: Weerd Enough – Kenton Knepper (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL