The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » David Penn's 21st Century Toppit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk/david-pe......792.html

Hi All. Does anyone have a review of this? Sounds interesting.

- Frank
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Sounds interesting on advertisement but in reality is pretty much +60 year old Maskeline type topit that Patrick Page made popular in the 60's I believe... Michael Ammar topit tapes remain to be the best source on the subject.

Juha-Matti
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Does anyone have any more information on this?

Mike
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Still waiting for a review...

Watch a trailer.
http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=7588
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
I just picked this up. I will be installing the topit later on this week, and will let everyone know how it works out. This topit is based on the old style topit with some improvements. I did like his coin in bottle routine on the dvd.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
DonHarlan. Are you about ready for the review?
Regards,
Silverthorne
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Give the man a chance to work with it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The topit is one of the best secrets in magic.

Watch Michael Ammar [America's best-known close-up magician] do magic and you will see "real" magic occur in front of your very eyes.
He is a true master with the topit-magic, sure.

Any new routine with the topit is appreciated - look forward to watch the new topit DVD.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, has anyone had the chance to utilize this yet. Has it any improvements over existing topit designs? Any info would be appriciated
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2009-07-25 06:17, takeachance wrote:
OK, has anyone had the chance to utilize this yet. Has it any improvements over existing topit designs? Any info would be appriciated

As I stated allready it is old timers topit that is safety pinned inside the jacket. That is the only advantage it has over common topit that is sawn into place.

Other than that Ammar type topit is every way better. Easier to hit, harder to miss, easier to clean up and so on... Even the routines werent earthshaking in any way. Pretty much just tossing things into topit...

If your into topit, get Ammar DVD's and after that you might consider getting Bob Fitch and Cloutier (3rd wave and lapping it up ONLY! Expert sleeving and topiting tapes sucked big time)...

Juha-Matti
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Many thank korttihal-82, I've got those references you mentioned and do use the Ammar topit. You saved me some bucks,
cheerz
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi guys - I thought I would chime in and say that I thought David Toppit DVD was very well done. I have posted a video review of the product which you can see at this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOxmSdWKqYE

Thanks

Craig Petty
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
I bought David Penn's Toppit DVD. As stated earlier, the topit design takes a step backwards in technology.

I thought the DVD was good as an additional reference to other videos out in the marketplace already.

I also own and like: Michael Ammar's Topit Tapes, Carl Cloutier's videos on the topit and sl***ing, Bob Fitch's 3 DVD compilation on topiting and Jay Scott Berry's ideas on the subject.

I wish that someone would incorporate topiting, sl***ing, the be**y servant and other pocket installations in lesser known areas of the clothing into one reference. There are several spots that have not been fully explored if you wear certain clothing types, such as, jacket, vest, cargo type pants, dresses ( for the ladies ), etc.
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
I bought this and I return this to the dealer, Ammar Topit is by far more Superior
estragon22
View Profile
New user
Ireland
81 Posts

Profile of estragon22
What are the routines taught on the DVD like? Anything very original?
Thanks in advance,
Ray
DGillam
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of DGillam
Three of the routines taught were original applications and three were not, but all are taught thoroughly and not merely demonstrated. The techniques taught supplement and compliment what has been taught on other videos.
estragon22
View Profile
New user
Ireland
81 Posts

Profile of estragon22
Thanks D.
eddierush
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of eddierush
Hey Craig - Thanks for the review video. I really like your work on the coin bag so I've come to respect your views.

Hey joe161205 - Why did you return it? Why is Ammar's so much better?

I sat through an Ammar lecture where he demonstrated his Toppit. I never used one but was familiar with the device. As I understood, not only can you ditch items but you can also retrieve those same items from the outside jacket pocket. That, of course, required some alteration to the jacket itself. Is the 21st Century Toppit designed the same way?

Thanks
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
http://magiceddie.wordpress.com
http://friendsofthemagi.org
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Didn't this product get good reviews in Magic Magazine?

Is this or the Ammar applicable to a vest?
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-07-07 12:04, DonHarlan wrote:
I just picked this up. I will be installing the topit later on this week, and will let everyone know how it works out. This topit is based on the old style topit with some improvements. I did like his coin in bottle routine on the dvd.

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » David Penn's 21st Century Toppit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL