The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Hi Neil,

I can't go to your http://www.necromancerevents.com? ?
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Neil, I just received your Xpert device yesterday and I cannot possibly say how clever this thing is! The routines provided are great, and thank you for sharing those bonus routines on your site. As everyone has already said here, I will actually use this!
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
This is such a clever device. You can use it right under people's noses and they will never suspect anything. What I love about it is its versatility. There's an infinite number of possibilities with this thing. This is one of the few items that I'll always have on me.
YousifS
View Profile
Regular user
USA
194 Posts

Profile of YousifS
I just recieved XPERT, and after reading through the booklet, the genius of the device came to me. It was well thought out, and has unlimited uses. I have loads of ideas using this, and as said before, this is something I WILL use.

Well done Neil!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I don't even have the slightest clue as to what this device is. I do have one question, how long will this gimmick last under normal use? it sounds incredible, but I was wondering if I should get 2 just in case one fails.
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hello iamslow,

It's difficult to define "normal use" -- some performers may do an XPERT effect once a day, once a week, or 50 times straight at a strolling gig.

What I would suggest is that you just get one to start with. If you need more after that, you can get refills on my website at a reasonable price (so you won't have to keep buying the booklet over and over).

Thanks for your interest,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Lamberto
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
99 Posts

Profile of Lamberto
I've bought mine via the internet and the dealer mailed me that it has been shipped, so within a few days I can play with it.

Neil, from what I've read here at the Café I think I'm not going to be disapointed.
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
112 Posts

Profile of Paris
I'm still having a hard time finding cards that will work with the gimmick. I will keep looking. If anyone knows of a brand please E Mail me.
YousifS
View Profile
Regular user
USA
194 Posts

Profile of YousifS
Neil has some compatible cards that you can purchase in the XPERT secret section.
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
112 Posts

Profile of Paris
Have just discovered that Hoyle brand cards seem to work well.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I just wanted to say thanks to Tim, Greg, James, Brian, Jamie, Fred, Robert, Lester, Redneck, Sludge, Mike, Darrin and everybody else for all the great XPERT ideas you've been sending me for possible inclusion in the upcoming book.

Don't stop Smile

Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
I too reported the post and thankfully it was handled quickly. I agree that everyone should be entitled to give their honest opinion, but in doing so can do it without stating the secret/gimmick. I was planning to buy the Xpert this week, and had no idea of how it works. Knowing now the basic method, I am even more excited about making the purchase. Neil created something that I never would have thought of doing as a magician. These effects are powerful, and to a layman, something that goes against their 'logic'. I wish I had thought of it, but I never would have. Few too many effects that get released are close to worthless, or simple modify an effect we have all seen/done 100 times. I am happy to support Neil for thinking 'outside the box', releasing a product that is ingenius and highly usable!
Smile
F. Zandura
YousifS
View Profile
Regular user
USA
194 Posts

Profile of YousifS
I also reported it as well. That kind of behavior should not be tolerated.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Rasper, if you are unsatisfied with the XPERT, there are better ways of dealing with it than exposing its method to the membership of the Café at large.

This forum exists for posting honest reviews. By all means, do feel free to do so.

But as members of the magic fraternity, we must all be respectful of the secret of a marketed item. When we don't, we take bread out of the mouth of the inventor.

Perhaps if you were personally investing your hard-won time, money, labor, and invention into the creation and marketing of a product, you would understand.

Thank you, Iaian and Yousif and FZandura, for reporting the exposure before it got too far out of hand. And thank you to everybody who continues to find exciting new uses for the XPERT.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Okay, I just received mine, so I thought I'd share my opinion.

First, let me say that as a result of performing magic for 41 years, the vast majority of those years professionally, I'm extremely picky and rarely add anything new to my professional repertoire. I'm very critical and don't give praise lightly. That being said...

Xpert is great!

It was shipped extremely quickly, is well-made, comes with a number of strong routines, the instructions are very well-written, and the device is, as others have said, both extremely clever and useful in countless ways.

This is something that both amateurs and professionals alike will use, and with some thought, you'll be able to devise your own strong effects in addition to those that are provided with the gimmick. Within 10 minutes of opening the package, I came up with two ideas that I think could be strong, and will PM the ideas to Neil.

Two thumbs up.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I just got back from a trip to California and during the trip shared Xpert with several well known big names... across the board everyone has been SO impressed with this. I can't believe anyone would not see the value in this but I've seen some stuff on these boards I just shake my head in disbelief. Neil, you have created one of the best items I've seen in a LONG time and I personally use this all of the time. It's brilliant. One of the people I showed this to was Michael Weber and Michael instantly came up with a wonderful routine.

I would encourage the moderators of this board that if an item is openly exposed that the person doing so should be booted permanently. It hurts the artist, the item, dealers, distributors, etc. And it's just a total lack of integrity, a clear violation of the board rules, etc. If you can't "play" nicely you shouldn't be allowed to play at all....

Tim
David Bard
View Profile
New user
Palm Bay, Florida
36 Posts

Profile of David Bard
Just thought I'd add that I didn't see the exposure posts here but someone (possibly the same person that did it here) is spouting off about what the Xpert device is on a newsgroup that I read too.

I figured it was something similar to what they said but it didn't dampen my consideration of whether or not to buy, only my budget is doing that right now.
Thanks,
David Bard
m@gician.us
TommyRogers
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of TommyRogers
Hi. My name is Tommy. I am 9 years old. My Mommy is typing this for me because I do not know how to type. My Mom bought me this trick Xpert thing and I like it a lot. I had her read to me how to do things over and over so that I can figure out how to do it. I first practiced this trick on my dog but he walked away. My Mom also did this trick on my Dad and he liked it. I will practice and then do the trick with my friends.

Thanks

Tommy
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Practice, practice, practice, Tommy. Just because it's simple doesn't mean it's easy to do in a way that convinces people of the magic. (It sounds like your mom can help you there.)

And remember the first rule of magic: don't ever give away the secret. The moment you do, the magic goes away and you're stuck with a $25 thing that you can't fool anybody with. Boy, won't that make mom mad!

I am sorry your dog didn't like it much. But as you've found, dads are a whole lot easier to please.

Take care,
Neil

Tim --
Please have Michael Weber send me his XPERT routine. I'd love to see what he's come up with.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Quote:
On 2003-06-27 10:43, TommyRogers wrote:
Hi. My name is Tommy. I am 9 years old. My Mommy is typing this for me because I do not know how to type. My Mom bought me this trick Xpert thing and I like it a lot. I had her read to me how to do things over and over so that I can figure out how to do it. I first practiced this trick on my dog but he walked away. My Mom also did this trick on my Dad and he liked it. I will practice and then do the trick with my friends.

Thanks

Tommy

Little Tommy,

If your dog is walking away from your performances than you must be doing something wrong. Practice your presentation to try to keep the dog interested. If that doesn't work, then put a fresh piece of bacon in your pocket, and I guarantee your dog won't walk away. He'll have to sit through the trick and applaud afterward, or else he doesn't get the bacon.

Smile Smile Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL