The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20
Maxeroo
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Maxeroo
I perform a simple 3-Penny Monte using the Xpert and it KILLS! In my opinion it's much stronger than 3-Card Monte because what's more innocent-looking than three ordinary pennies?

Thank you, Neil!
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Hey Neil. How are you!? I have been threatening to buy one for awhile now. It's time. Hope to see you soon.
Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
This is one of the greatest tools of all times - for mentalists and magicians alike. When something so innocent in appearance can create illusions of such great impact, it is no wonder that magicians the world over hail X-pert as a tool among tools. I've got it - have since the beginning. I have floored people using this device - have from the beginning. You should have it, too! But, make sure your spouse doesn't throw it away!

For those of you using the prediction system, "PS-I Love You," you will find an extra section in that booklet where you will find some powerful, sneaky uses for this device - that's how much I love it.

Neil - thanks for re-introdicing this brilliant concept to the world - and now, you've even improved it? Who would have thought that possible?

-Steve
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I just got Xpert, so the idea may have been thought of before, but, how about this?
Open your wallet (Himber or similar) and show a penny tucked into a pocket in the wallet. Explain that it is your lucky penny, which you cannot lose, even if you accidentally give it to someone in change. Mark the penny with your Sharpie, commenting that, while you can always tell your beloved penny from all other pennies, other people cannot. Put the penny into a handful of change being held by a spectator. Ask the spectator to shake the coins so as to lose yours amid all the other ones. Then ask him to open his hands and find your lucky marked penny. He cannot! You open the wallet again and reveal that your lucky penny has returned home again, mark and all.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2015, Hushai wrote:
I just got Xpert, so the idea may have been thought of before, but, how about this?
Open your wallet (Himber or similar) and show a penny tucked into a pocket in the wallet. Explain that it is your lucky penny, which you cannot lose, even if you accidentally give it to someone in change. Mark the penny with your Sharpie, commenting that, while you can always tell your beloved penny from all other pennies, other people cannot. Put the penny into a handful of change being held by a spectator. Ask the spectator to shake the coins so as to lose yours amid all the other ones. Then ask him to open his hands and find your lucky marked penny. He cannot! You open the wallet again and reveal that your lucky penny has returned home again, mark and all.

Hi Hushai,

Glad to see the Xpert is inspiring you!

Let's chat about your effect privately rather than out here in the open. I've got an idea or two on how to make it stronger.

Thanks,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Neil.
I hope you share your thoughts on Hushais idea with those of us who purchased Xpert..
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Hi Dave,

I would be happy to chat with any Xpert user who has an effect idea or question. Just PM me.

Best
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
I've skimmed over this thread for a while. I got the download, made up the gimmick as I did not want to wait for the mail order. I have actually performed the bent coin routine. Because of how clean and open you are. floored the person I performed it for. This was for a magician (who, had no idea of the concept, plus it is ingeniously hidden that you would not think it is what it is). My question that I have is outside of dollar store cards, does anyone one have any recommendations on a more "known" card brand that is compatible with the expert? Or a way to make a known brand compatible?

Thank you very much in advance Smile
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Nope. (And I have tried all the known brands, hence my recommendation. Incidentally, any suggestions of how to make a known brand Xpert-compatible gets awfully close to method on this open forum, so I hope you'll respond privately.) Glad you're already getting mileage out of the bent coin routine. It's one of my favorites!

Best,
Neil
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2015, Necromancer wrote:
Nope. (And I have tried all the known brands, hence my recommendation. Incidentally, any suggestions of how to make a known brand Xpert-compatible gets awfully close to method on this open forum, so I hope you'll respond privately.) Glad you're already getting mileage out of the bent coin routine. It's one of my favorites!

Best,
Neil

Sorry about that. I'm still a little new the forums and what is acceptable or not.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
The bent coin routine is one of my favorites as well. I perform this for everyone (children and adults) since 2003 It always receive gasps. I still find it hard to believe it has been a little over 12 years since I bought the Xpert. I recently had a mother a few months ago after an impromptu performance hint at the method. When others chimed in that they clearly saw the unbent coin with the initials before going into the spectator's hand, this know-it-all mother's eyes just rolled into the back of her head in further amazement after viewing the now bent coin. This is truly an excellent effect that has served me very well. Great work on this effect Mr. Trono and Mr. Tobin!!! I actually have a walk around gig tomorrow and the Xpert will be accompanying me.

I recently viewed the Penguin Download since Neil has stated that a video will be coming with routines. The camera work, as with almost 99% of Penguin's videos, is excellent. I enjoyed the performances, expanded routines, and even cracked open the old Xpert instructions that originally came with the effect.

It truly is an ingenious device.
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
The coin bend routine is so good I have yet to even try any other effect on it yet. Next up though, dream card Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2015, jruiz0216 wrote:
My question that I have is outside of dollar store cards, does anyone one have any recommendations...

I have been using clear plastic collector card sleeves. Wally Mart sells then in packs of 100 for about three bucks. They hold any brand of poker, bridge or mini sized playing cards along with billets and bills. They are quite useful for protecting your props from damage. ;-)
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
IMO don't think this is a good idea given the nature

However, Try these (I've confirmed them)
Link: http://www.bicyclecards.com/product/stre......g-cards/

Quote:
On Nov 27, 2015, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2015, jruiz0216 wrote:
My question that I have is outside of dollar store cards, does anyone one have any recommendations...

I have been using clear plastic collector card sleeves. Wally Mart sells then in packs of 100 for about three bucks. They hold any brand of poker, bridge or mini sized playing cards along with billets and bills. They are quite useful for protecting your props from damage. ;-)
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Just spotted a hilarious new review posted on Penguin. Enjoy Smile

PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!
Verified buyer Dennis Brent from The OC on November 28th, 2015

I am older than God and have performed in more rooms.

The gimmick is Inspiration itself.

These are your three almost self-working killers: Dream Card, the bent coin, and the coin monte.

AND, NOW:
How many cheese loggers and schlockmeisters associated with our business show you Exactly how to construct your own gimmicks the same way they do?

Nothing is for everyone.
This one might not appeal to those who learn their magic from You Tubes of ten year old Brits doing Oil and Water on their bedspreads.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Classic post by Dennis, Neil!

For those who are looking for that extrah smoooothness in a playing card for that PERFECT Sharpie touch ;-) Just search for plastic playing cards on amazon and include the word, Bicycle if you so desire. I believe you find what you are looking for. Be sure to read the reviews on any particular item that catches your eye so as to be aware of the nuances of that product.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Was just on the Penguin site this morning:
45 customer reviews averaging 5 stars.
That's ridiculous.

As December winds down, I just want to thank everybody for your kind words and support.
Wishing you all a wonderful year filled with appreciative audiences.

Best,
Neil
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Are people still using and enjoying this regularly? Looking to pick it up. Seems like a great tool to have.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
I know I am Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL