The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2959 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
If you're ordering it from my site, the password is JINX.

Incidentally, if you don't have all three published volumes of Annemann's periodical, The Jinx, they're available from several dealers (and if you'd rather save a little money at the cost of having to read from a computer screen, a CD is also available).

It's one of the greatest magical investments you could ever make.
Neil Tobin, Necromancer
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD-winning show, Near Death Experience, returning to Chicago's historic Rosehill Cemetery on October 7th! Http://neardeathx.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3543 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-05-29 18:25, Necromancer wrote:
If you're ordering it from my site, the password is JINX.

Incidentally, if you don't have all three published volumes of Annemann's periodical, The Jinx, they're available from several dealers (and if you'd rather save a little money at the cost of having to read from a computer screen, a CD is also available).

It's one of the greatest magical investments you could ever make.

Boy Howdy!! My heavily annotated copy of the three Jinx books is my most treasured magic item. I'd throw everything else away and start over so long as I had my copy of the Jinx.

Now, 20 years later, you can get a CD version of the entire Jinx series that is searchable and hot linked throughout the entire set of books. Ain't computer wonderful? BTW, I think the CD version of the Jinx is only around $20.00!! A bargain at any price.

This CD version is probably the most under-rated magic item available.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Neil,
Do you realize that by posting the answer in a public forum, you've just defeated the point of having the password in the first place?
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2959 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On 2003-05-30 13:22, Andy Leviss wrote:
Neil,
Do you realize that by posting the answer in a public forum, you've just defeated the point of having the password in the first place?

Admittedly, it looks that way. But my real reason for setting up the password was to keep casual visitors to my web site (and especially potential employers) from gaining access to the products section.

My presumption is that a viewer of the Café boards isn't likely to be a member of the aforementioned group.

Certainly, people without passwords can order The XPERT from hocus-pocus.com, hanklee.com, or any of a number of other magic dealers. For my own part, I have no desire to exclude magic and mentalism enthusiasts, some of whom may still be trying to find their way through the rich history of our craft.
Neil Tobin, Necromancer
AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD-winning show, Near Death Experience, returning to Chicago's historic Rosehill Cemetery on October 7th! Http://neardeathx.com
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
524 Posts

Profile of sludge
Well mine finally arrived Smile

Neil, great job!

The routines are extremely well thought out, very strong and certainly show the versatility of this item.

As I suspected, this is going to make several of my effects even easier to perform and appear cleaner to the participants.
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Xpert sounds killer
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
jo
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of jo
Aawww, and I thought I was going to save some money for awhile! This sounds great. Lots of positive feedback from some great guys (yes I have been following your posts Smile)
Oh well, there goes the credit card.

Well done Neil

Jo
Smile
GuySavoie
View Profile
Loyal user
Western Massachusetts
242 Posts

Profile of GuySavoie
I just received mine today, and I am quite pleased.

I am going to be using it immediately in my act, using the X-ed card principle with three free selections, and having the final reveal on my Impossible Prediction (the cassette recorder prediction.)

This is simply a must-have utility for mentalists, and magicians will find countless uses.

Neil - this is a home run. Smile A sharp mind you have there...

--- Guy
Madmonk
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Madmonk
I have just tried mine out and all I can say is I love it. It is such a great idea. So if you don't already own one, run out and buy this now.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2789 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Does anyone know who has it in stock at this moment?

And it can't be a PayPal sight as I don't use it. I need someone who takes AmEx.

Hank advertises it like it is in stock but won't have it until next week.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1108 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Bill, I believe Hocus Pocus has it in stock.

Tim
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
I'm willing to bet Mr. Tobin has it in stock. Smile
http://necromancerevents.com

Smile
Juan D
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of Juan D
Quote:
On 2003-06-03 01:50, Bill Cushman wrote:
Hank advertises it like it is in stock but won't have it until next week.

Then this is the reason why mine is not here yet Smile

People, you can't know how much I envy you : Everyone is having fun with it except me Smile
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
1996 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2003-06-03 11:16, Juan D wrote:
[People, you can't know how much I envy you : Everyone is having fun with it except me Smile

Don't feel too bad Juan. I only got mine yesterday, a full week after it was shipped -- and I only live three hours from Hocus Pocus! (The screwup was the USPS's, not HP's.)

I've only played with it a little, but I can't stop thinking about ways to use it. It really is as good as everyone says. I can't wait to try out the coin bend.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Well, I had no intentions of buying this. I thought it was just another item I could live without. But then I went to Neil's site and saw the description. Right under the description there is a paypal button that says that he is giving free priority mail shipping on the item....the temptation was too much. I really don't like paypal, it makes impulse buys way too easy. I'll let everyone know what I think when I get it. I am sure I wont be disappointed, I would hate to be the first person on this site to say something bad about it. It doesn't sound like that will be a problem, however.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I tried to resist buying this too. I have way to much stuff to learn and not enough time. I couldn't resist so I ordered it today and it should be here tomorrow. I am a beginner and I'll let you know if I like it, I'm sure I will.
Smile
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
I have ordered this Xpert from Neil's site.
Now, on the plane.
Yesterday, my favorite dealer also recommend this magic.

I am looking forward to receiving it soon!

Koji
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Quinn, I envy you. 3 hours away from Heaven!!!
Smile Smile Smile Smile
That must be ... Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
1996 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
Quinn, I envy you. 3 hours away from Heaven!!!

Actually, I've never made the trip, mostly because Misdirections is a 10-minute walk from my apartment. Smile (Those who would curse me for this, don't worry, my bank account has already suffered for the convenience.)

Obligatory on-topic content: Those who, like me, read the description of Xpert Epic and thought it would be a great effect to do with your business cards, know that it can be done but you might need to order new cards for it. But don't let that dissuade you -- it's well worth it for all the possiblilities it will open up for you.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Quinn, you must live north of Fresno, I live in bakersfield about 2 hours south.
I've never driven to Hocus Pocus, but I have driven to Hollywood Magic about 90 minutes without bad traffic.
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Xpert (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL