The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2003 entrée: David Neighbors » » A Few Last Questions... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
David,

Please tell everyone just how disappointed you're going to be if they don't all immediately sign up for the COINvention...just kidding. Okay, here are the real ones:

1. The Good Old Rule of Three. We hear a lot about this, especially from people who have just gotten started scripting their own routines. You've obviously been at it a long time. What do you think about this? Do you always try to script your routines for three coins, and three phases, or do you care? Does this matter?

2. What about JAZZ? A lot of magicians who do strolling and restaurant work (card guys, mainly) talk about improvising a set as they go along. They learn a pool of tricks all involving, say, an ordinary deck (or even, FASDIU) and them basically, ad-lib. Coin workers I've talked to mention taking this approach to Spellbound, and Flurry type routines. On the other hand, Rene Levand has written that he never actually improvises, because he has too much respect for the audience. What do you do? If you do improvise, what "base props" do you work from?
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'm curious about what you imagine as being an interesting yet unrealized effect with coins?

What would you like to find or invent in a coin routine?

Best to you,

Jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Curtis,
Yea I like to jazz with one coin stuff! My spellbound stuff is more set!

Hey, Matrix is really in 3, as the last coin never does any thing! My Open Travelers, and Pocket Coins is in 3, as well as all my Wild coin stuff and some of my other stuff! But a lot of my older stuff is in 4!

Hey Jonathan,
I am not sure I guess. Just trying to make my stuff look more like magic!

Best - David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2003 entrée: David Neighbors » » A Few Last Questions... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL