The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon tape... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Can sombody please tell me where I can buy thin teflon tape? I need to maintain some "gliding sh**l's"

-Morten
Sniper01
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Sniper01
I purchased "Mouse Tape" off ebay, ..... works great and I believe it is in fact teflon tape. Total cost was something like $5 including shipping, compared to $20+ for specific "Teflon Repair Tape" from a magic coin source.
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
MortenN, I get mine here: http://www.mousetape.com/

Cheap, fast delivery, and pick your size. What more could you ask for?

Cheers,

_richard
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
They have started selling in the UK toaster bags, you put your cheese sandwich in pop it in the toaster and you have a toastie, what has this got to do with magic you ask, well it's made from teflon and it looks exactly like the same stuff that comes on gaff coins.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Thanks for the help.
moustape.com was a easy link... Smile

-Morten-
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Folks,
I have been using 3M "Transpore" tape; Readily available in Drug Stores, usually stocked with the band-aids; I know it must be thin enough as I currently apply this tape inside my Sun & Moon gimmick; It helps with a "quick release" when I want it too.
BWind
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-05-05 19:33, MortenN wrote:
Can sombody please tell me where I can buy thin teflon tape? I need to maintain some "gliding sh**l's"

-Morten

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#0
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
We sell teflon tape in one dollar size and half dollar size, pack of 10 for $ 8 plus shipping.

Bye.

Mr. Tango
krintz
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of krintz
Buy the mouse tape. It's cheaper than anything else, by far. It looks all bubbled when you get it, and you panic. Then you smooth it out on your coin.. realize that the bubbling is just the backing, see that it's the same thing as the stuff that you could've just paid a whole lot more for, and breathe a sigh of relief.
Save yer moneys... go with mouse tape.
Krintz
Sniper01
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Sniper01
Quote:
On 2009-05-07 23:05, krintz wrote:
Buy the mouse tape. It's cheaper than anything else, by far. It looks all bubbled when you get it, and you panic. Then you smooth it out on your coin.. realize that the bubbling is just the backing, see that it's the same thing as the stuff that you could've just paid a whole lot more for, and breathe a sigh of relief.
Save yer moneys... go with mouse tape.
Krintz

Agree 110%
Jeff Kellogg
View Profile
New user
Boston
52 Posts

Profile of Jeff Kellogg
Looks like mouse tape is where it's at
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Got my mouse tape. Works great!

-Morten-
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
879 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Just ordered my mouse tape. Will let you guys know how it works out. Thanks. PT
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Bungee
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Bungee
Is Teflon Tape the best for quieting ]'s?
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
How thick is the mouse tape? I have a Johnson expanded [ which I can get coins in fairly quietly but the edges don't cover the coin inside all the way... would the Mouse tape take up too much room from my [ ?

-Abe
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Bungee:

Proper technique is the best for quieting ]s. What maneuver are you doing when you find your ] becomes too noisy?

Klepto:

The mouse tape will definitely take up some space. Remember, if you had a shell that completely covered a coin, it would appear much taller than an un-]-ed coin sitting next to it. Thankfully, however, your audience will be looking down on the coins and thus this uncovered sliver of the coin underneath the ] will not be seen. Adding Teflon when you don't have to is risky. I use it on my Slippery Sams, UWC, and Split coins, but not on any expanded shells meant to be used with ungaffed matching coins. There's no hard and fast rule, if you add it to your ] and it nests over a coin and looks normal to your audience, then fine, use it.
It will dampen the tinniness somewhat--but not completely. That's why I told Bungee that technique is the best remedy for tin coins.
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
Thanx for the reply there The Wizard of Hearts, I guess since I don't make too much noise as it is it could prove pointless to add it to my expanded [.. at the moment I do have a slippery sam that is in good condition but I might want to pick up a strip of mouse tap if I ever need to maintain it later down the line.

-Abe
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
I recently bought the Swadling/Mason super deep dish shell as a part of the shell shocked set. It is a beautiful thing though It talks a bit. I am working on tequenique but I am thinking of using a mouse tape disc. What do you think?
The shell covers 99.5% of the coin! The spectator can litteraly look directly from the side and not see the gaff. Will the mouse tape cause the shell to lift noticably from the coin when looking directly at the edge?
How about possibly using Teflon or silicon spray?

Thanks a lot for any and all help you can offer!
-William
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
PS, this thread has been asleep for awhile so if anyone has anything they would like to share... Pm me!
Thanks
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Mouse tape "works" but due to a topic a while back in this forum, I bought a roll of "clear Teflon Tape" and it is 100% better in my opinion
http://www.amazon.com/CS-Hyde-Optically-......00REI90W

Stuff works like a dream, you can see right thru it and it quiets your coins.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon tape... (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL