The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Miniature Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
For some strange reason, I really love effects with those tiny Bicycle cards.

They just seem...well..fun! Smile

How many of you here agree? Is there a book that deals with these tiny pasteboards?

Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hi Steve!

You might try Steven's Magic Emporium for reference material. They seem to carry just about anything!

I once knew a couple of guys(great magicians), that came up with an effect where the spectators chosen card ended up inside a superball!!!! A really cool effect!

Steve Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Magicman0323
View Profile
Special user
Just outside parts unknown.
713 Posts

Profile of Magicman0323
I agree I love those little cards !!!! Smile
You'll wonder when I'm coming, you'll wonder even more when I'm gone. - Max Malini
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Wow Steve, after all these years, I still have boxes of those! Smile

Yep, tiny cards...you gotta' love them! Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
How about a mini card Brainwave or invisible deck?

I think I may have seen these somewhere, if not you could make one yourself. This would be a great item to always carry with you. Smile
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
One of the strongest reactions get is from a trick called “A little ESP”, and it features a mini deck.
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
When i bring out a packet of mini bicycle card the audience go "oh their cute". it makes them laugh and go Ahhhhhh!

i love em

Matt
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
If I remember correctly there was a routine by Karrel Fox using a regular size deck and removing the King and Queen of Hearts and showing them front and back then placing them face to face and when separated you find two miniature aces between them. Smile

Cute effect as I remember. Smile
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
If you want a strong close-up effect with a mini-deck, check out Martin Lewis' "Impossible Miniature Card Rise".

It's one that takes a little work, but definitely gets a great reaction.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
J R Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign Illinois
138 Posts

Profile of J R Thomas
Great idea Ichazod.

I remember an effect I saw back in the early 80’s where you had a card chosen and returned to the deck. Magician produces a card of higher value and asks the spectator if their card is larger or smaller than the produced card. Spectator answers "smaller" and the magician produces a smaller card, matching the selection, from behind the (regular) produced card. I made several versions of this and had a lot of fun with it. I’ve not thought of it for years. Thanks for reminding me.
Those who hear not the music

Think the dancers mad
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Steve, funny that you should mention the mini decks. I picked one up last week for the heck of it and came up with a shrinking deck effect.

Quickly the effect is showing a full sized deck, as you turn it face up and spread the cards for a selection the deck shrinks to a mini deck.

I showed it to my wife and then my daughter and got the same response from both. Neither of them realized the deck had shrunk until after they selected a card, and even then I don’t think it hit them that it was a full sized deck.

I thought this was going to be a cool effect but it sure is not getting the reaction I’d hoped for.

BTW, nice site!

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Thanks Jeff! Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Welcome to The Cafe Jeff Smile Smile Smile
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Thanks Steve and Tom, glad to be here.

Tom have you tried the effect "Red, Write and Blue" that I sent you? Have not heard from you yet on this.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Just an idea on mini-cards that I used years ago:

If you put a mini-card in a regular deck, hold the regular deck by one narrow end and riffle the other narrow end, the mini-card will shoot out of the deck (depending, of course, on how fast and hard you riffle).

And, if you can't do something with that, then you just aren't trying!

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com Smile
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Fun idea Peter.

That could be really a neat quick little bit. "Lets try a little magic..." Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Roger Klause has a nice routine with that very application in his book, "In Concert," and also on the video of the same name.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Tommy Wonder published a cool "shrinking deck" effect that used mini cards. Smile
Yakworld.
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
JJ has a wonderful comedy magic bit which starts off with a gag about ’visibly shrinking cards’ (no actual shrinking occurs but there’s a good sight gag which goes with it) which is followed by another well-thought-out gag and then is followed by an actual shrinking which involves ending with a fan of actual mini-cards.

There’s a very, very old routine which I saw so many years ago I can’t remember where or whose. Basically, it went like this. Spec chooses a card from deck. Magician explains that everyone’s heard of gamblers who cheat by using ’marked cards’. He explains that the Spec’s card is also marked, but it’s hard to see the marks. Magician takes out a standard magnifying glass, holds chosen card back towards Spec, and shows the Spec what the back of the card looks like as he moves the magnifying glass back and forth. He mentions that it obviously distorts the card quite a lot, but it nonetheless helps to see the secret marks. The Spec takes hold of the magnifying glass himself and stares through it, trying to see these ’secret marks’, and eventually realizes that (a) there ARE no secret marks and (b) the card he’s now staring at is a miniature replica of his chosen card. It gets one of those mixed reactions - a laugh at the humour of it, but also amazement at how the card shrank.

The reverse plot (mini card to full size) would make more sense, in that, magnifying glasses make things look LARGER, but I only wanted to carry round a regular deck and 1 mini card, not a deck of mini cards, so I used to do it this way around.

http://www.ian-rowland.com. The most amazing cards in the world and the famous Levitating Cat.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
sleightly_impressive
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sleightly_impressive
one of my favorite uses for min cards is to paste one to the back of my business card. Force the smae card on the specatator, hand them the business card and tell them to call you tomorrow and you'll tell them the card. MOst people will examine the business card on the spot and find the prediction card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Miniature Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL