The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Don Caldwell Mad Hats & Wild Wearables!! An amazing story and it can happen to you too! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I was wondering how many of you own Don Caldwells Mad Hats & Wild Wearables balloon Dvd's??

Here is what happen to me:

Last week I did the "Monkey in the palm tree" (the big one)and recieved a standing ovation from 3 tables!! (no joke) I was shocked!.. I never had this happen with any other balloon creature.

Then two tables tipped me!

One gave me a $20 and the other a $5.. Of course EVERYONE was asking for my card!

AMAZING!!

I would love to get Dons Christmas CD but it seems out of stock.

My most requested item is Don Caldwells "Sponge Bob" it's fast... Its a Hat.. It looks like the real thing! I have tried to make other balloon versions of Sponge Bob but I honestly feel I am ripping kids off when I know Dons version is out there and no one makes a nicer version that is DEAD ON and still is fast to make.

As an owner of almost every balloon dvd on the market. IF YOU WANT TO TAKE BALLOONS TO ENTIRE NEW LEVEL. I mean the ability to look like a ice or sand scuplture artist You must buy the collection of "Mad Hats & Wild Wearables."

I never get bigger tips then when making this stuff! I am now currently working 4 resturants a week. (finally) This is the stuff that makes the resturants want you to stick around! This is the stuff that gets ALL the tables around watching in shock. You will here people at other tables say "Did I just watch that being made right in front of me!" Be ready to have extra cards on you because other tables WILL be asking "Hey do you do parties."
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
647 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I have the first three of Don's wild wearable DVDs plus some of his older work as well. My favourite item on all of them is the Goofy Balloon followed by the monkey.

I agree that his stuff is pretty amazing. I purchased my first wild wearable DVD almost 2 years ago and that was the DVD that inspired me to be the best in my market. My credit card has gotten a work out with the amount I have spent on balloon DVDs in the last year.

I have a question on the mad hatz series. Is there actually a number 4?
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-05-19 12:36, Ryan Price wrote:
I have the first three of Don's wild wearable DVDs plus some of his older work as well. My favourite item on all of them is the Goofy Balloon followed by the monkey.

I agree that his stuff is pretty amazing. I purchased my first wild wearable DVD almost 2 years ago and that was the DVD that inspired me to be the best in my market. My credit card has gotten a work out with the amount I have spent on balloon DVDs in the last year.

I have a question on the mad hatz series. Is there actually a number 4?

You heard it again guys.. It really is amazing stuff!

Yes there is a volume 4 its "The Secret DVD" you have to contact Ed Chee (Diamond Jam) and see if you can get one.. Only comes out on very rare occasions... I don't own it but would love to have it..

Don Caldwell is on Magic Café... AKA: "Buster Balloon"
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Don's Mad Hatz DVD's are great, I get a LOT of milage out of all of the Mad Hatz material. Goofy, Don's Octopus and Monkey are mainstays in my offerings to my customers. One of my favorite DVD's of Don's is his Halloween DVD. His "Ooga-Booga Spider" is also one of my most requested pieces after I make the first one. You would think this would be wanted by the boys, but the girls love 'em to. I'll often make them pink for the girls, 'cause that's the way several girls have asked for them. Don's famous "Bad Kitty" is on this DVD as well as some awesome masks. Another of my favorite DVD's from Don is the updated "Blowhard - Latex with a Vengeance." The bonus material includes a panda bear that I use a lot, and have adapted to other animals (including a green pig (swine flu -get it?)). The monkey bracelet is great when someone wants a monkey, but you don't want to make the full monkey.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1305 Posts

Profile of wally
I always like making my balloon sculpture from books, I have both hands free- no remote control. but I am hoping to buy don caldwells dvd , I want the monkey hat, is this in volume -1 mad. hats. wearables, pm message me please.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
His stuff is amazing.. Most people will really start thinking you are an artist not just another balloon person. My tips always increase doing Dons stuff. The only issue you will have is his average balloon sculpture is like 5-9 balloons however this is great stuff for resturants. Once you start doing it a lot speed will come and so will more money for you!
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Whittier
316 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
The monkey is on Volume 1...THE HULA MONKEY IS ON VOLUME 2. Well worth every penny!!!
Steve!!! Your work is amazing!!! I love you stuff too!!!! See you soon!!!
If buying Busters DVDS has made an impact on your life, please let him know.
RogueClown
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3600 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Anybody have these and no longer need them? I'd love to buy 'em!

Steve
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-05-21 06:17, Stevethomas wrote:
Anybody have these and no longer need them? I'd love to buy 'em!

Steve

I actually STILL watch the videos SEVERAL TIMES OVER Don Caldwell (aka Buster Balloon) uses a lot of wise cracks... Jokes.. Gags.. and even some suggestions in his videos it helps inspire me to entertain with balloons.

Don Caldwell is the guy who has inspired me the most in my balloon making and help me come out of my shell..

Don I believe use to work at a magic shop many years ago so he even has a few tricks up his sleeve. You can see part of his show from "The Magic Castle" on You Tube..
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
Don and Todd Neufeld (awesome balloon twister from New York) just completed a four or five part series of balloon magic in MAGIC magazine a month or two ago. For selfish reasons, I hope not too many people try the effects that Don and Todd shared. They are are very good and audience tested. Don did a magic lecture/class at the 2007 (I think) Diamond Jam. It was awesome. As someone interested in not only the "how" but also the "why", I was very impressed with Don's knowledge of magic theory.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1305 Posts

Profile of wally
I have some great magic dvds to trade for vol-1 and 2 don caldwells mad hats wearables dvd, I live in uk.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-05-22 05:59, wally wrote:
I have some great magic dvds to trade for vol-1 and 2 don caldwells mad hats wearables dvd, I live in uk.

I love Dons DVD's and keep them close by so I cant sell them..
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-05-22 01:32, Steve Yarosko wrote:
Don and Todd Neufeld (awesome balloon twister from New York) just completed a four or five part series of balloon magic in MAGIC magazine a month or two ago. For selfish reasons, I hope not too many people try the effects that Don and Todd shared. They are are very good and audience tested. Don did a magic lecture/class at the 2007 (I think) Diamond Jam. It was awesome. As someone interested in not only the "how" but also the "why", I was very impressed with Don's knowledge of magic theory.

Are these Magic Magzines still available (specifc issues you are talking about.)
Steve Yarosko
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of Steve Yarosko
I believe they are available on the Magic Magazine website as back issues. I just don't know exactly what month the series started and ended.
Graham Lee
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Graham Lee
Don is coming over to the UK this week to do two dates for me, Friday 29th with his performance day and then the David Grist memorial lecture on the 3rd June.
More details about the days can be found here;
http://sempertexballoons.co.uk/index.php......=12&pg=1
magicbjl1970
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicbjl1970
Quote:
On 2009-05-22 01:32, Steve Yarosko wrote:

Here's their website: http://www.balloonshow.com/members/filmfest/huh.php
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1305 Posts

Profile of wally
Well. iam going to buy dons mad hats and wearables, which is the best vol 1 / or 2. I know someone is going to say buy both, but money is tight at the moment,pm me plz.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
647 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
For some of the items on two you will need volume one. In my opinion 1 is the best in the series as well. I get a lot of mileage out.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Don't forget all the hidden Item on the DVD's.. Truth is balloons videos are more like "recipes" and they are hard to remember when you are "on the spot" to make them...

It will take a while to remember all the design so owning two of the dvd's wont help. Make money of the first then get the second.. third and fifth!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3600 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Somebody give me a link for purchasing the DVDs...please?

Steve
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
308 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
647 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I have to agree with Kevinr's statement about them being recipes. Use the designs as building blocks. For instance I took dons turtle which I love and have changed the head. It now fits in well with my other work. In the end no one is going to say "that's not the way its done on the DVD".
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
An this is the thing it takes a lot of time to memorize the recipes...

I know I made Dons HUGE shark (about the size of a table) several times but when I was put on the spot to make it my mind is blank without the video...

I just make up my own at that point.
magicbjl1970
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicbjl1970
Quote:
On 2009-06-01 05:13, wally wrote:
Well. iam going to buy dons mad hats and wearables, which is the best vol 1 / or 2. I know someone is going to say buy both, but money is tight at the moment,pm me plz.

It's a tough call. Caldwell's Monkey on volume 1 is worth the price of admission. I've gotten much praise for that simple little guy alone!
magicbjl1970
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicbjl1970
T Myers magic run their weekly specials with many of Don's DVDs.

Here's Volume two on sale this week Smile.

http://www4.mailordercentral.com/tmyersm......ber=4761
magicbjl1970
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicbjl1970
The sale is now over. I hope everyone who was interested got in on it in time.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Cant wait for Don Caldwell to come out with number 6...

Does anyone have the hidden video number 4??
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
Yes I have it - I won it when he came over to the UK.
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Hey Danny whats on the 4th video?
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
I have Mad Hats and Wearables DVD four but have had to sign an agreement in which I cannot share the DVD or its contents. Don said its was something to do with a strict and enforcable copyright law. I don't really understand US or International Law.

As I have a gagging order on me I can't really review it although there is some useful business in there as well as some more great twisting ideas (as usual).

Danny
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Don Caldwell Mad Hats & Wild Wearables!! An amazing story and it can happen to you too! (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.229736 seconds, requiring 92 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [6] [8] [9] [6] [0] [1]