The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MB's latest offereing: Gold Finger Plus! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
You could do an anniversary waltz and just before the cards fuse together, the ring appears between the two cards. I'm working with MB's awesome move to do a coin through hand where you apparently squeeze your fist to get the coin back out but the ring comes out instead. Something like that can work with this too.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Out of the blue and totally unexpected, Marion was so kind to send me a complimentary copy of the effect. Marion, thank you very much for the unsolicited video.

I'm not a "coin guy" but, Man!, I love this little item. Easily within my ham-handed coin efforts. As I watched the explanation and saw Jim Pace's influence and input in the effect, I had to laugh.

Jim was over at my house about two weeks ago and he showed me a coin routine he is developing and he asked my opinion on certain aspects of the routine.

As I say, I had to laugh because, despite seeing this certain move being performed by Jim over and over again and discussing it and ways to possibly make it more natural and more deceptive (i.e., "Mike, which looks better? This (i.e., Jim does the move) Or this?" (i.e., Jim does a variation of the move)),---despite all this brainstorming with Jim and my being totally aware of the move and the move's existence, Marion fooled me completely using the very same move. I never saw it coming and it flew right by me. If Marion hadn't explained the move in his video, I never would have known or supected that the move had been performed.

This is a nice little effect. Either by itself as a quicky or as part of a larger and longer routine. I really enjoyed the effect and the video explanation. The explanation was clear and thorough.

Marion's ring steal is also well-thought out, movitaved and very nicely performed. It also flew right by me. (sigh)

Lots of litlte subtleties in the effect--such as the natural way that Marion shows his hands empty in the logical and motivated act of performing natural actions. (None of the flashing of an empty hand or a "look, see my hand is empty" verbilization.)

Just, IMHO; your mileage may vary.

Mike

P.S. If forced and if I had any nit to pick, it would be that I'd like to see some tighter (more close up) "over the shoulder" video--particulalrly of the Jim Pace move. My prejudice is for videos that show both the audience perspective and then the "over the shoulder" performer's perspective. This helps my mind "lock into" the little bits of business (i.e. like finger placement and finger movements) that might be missed or harder to discern on a "single camera" video. Of course, this type of video would probably require the use of an independent cameraman (camermen), but, IMHO, it is a better method of video shooting on a magic instructional video. (And , of course, probably at a higher production cost and a higher finished cost to the buyer.)

As I said--just a little nit to pick. I was able to follow the entire performance and explantion as shot by Marion. And, on balance, probably the single camera video is more in keeping with the inexpensive price being charged for the video.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Marion sent me this video for free, and I thank him for that. I watched the video he sent, and I must say my opinion changed. I am sorry for jumping to conclusions so quick. This is a great item and I was wrong with my methodology.

I do appologize to Marion (MB) and thank him once again.

This is a nice little gem.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 19:11, magicman4646 wrote:
Marion sent me this video for free, and I thank him for that. I watched the video he sent, and I must say my opinion changed. I am sorry for jumping to conclusions so quick. This is a great item and I was wrong with my methodology.

I do appologize to Marion (MB) and thank him once again.

This is a nice little gem.

magicman4646,

Now that is total class!! (Even if you had not liked the video and, after having reviewed the video, had panned it, that still would have shown class.)

It is obvious that your positive opinion of the effect was not based upon receiving the free video. Knowing the prior posts you made of this video, to now come on and post an apology and give the effect an informed review was difficult to do and shows real class on your part.

Way to go.

Best regards,

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I agree with Mike, very cool on your part 4646!

MMc
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
*claps quietly to self*....*cries quietly to self*
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
WOW! I want to thank The Turk and magicman4646 for their kind comments. I'm glad they like the work. Turk, that I was able to "fool" you a bit is a success in itself as one has to get up very, very early in the morning to do that. Smile

And magicman46, what can I say except "Thank you." Thanks for being the bigger person amidst such conflict. What you did here, whether you came to like the package or not, was not an easy thing to do and I truly appreciate it. I also offered this to mfeld here but got no response toward his knowing a bit better than he did on this. But at least 46 you gave it a real try and came back here to make mention of it in a much different light. That's big time and real powerful magic in itself. Thank you.

Hopefully people continue to check out my, "Gold Finger PLUS" and I truly appreciate the kind words here on it. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
WOW, I appreciate all the interest on the website about this effect. Seems like people are having a lot of fun with it.

Thank you very much and enjoy. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Now you know mindfield or what ever he goes under is out to attack the crimp.
he puts up a demo of some one doing a matix which by the way is excellent . the person is using giacomo bertini's move but no mention of this..
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 07:03, Mb217 wrote:
WOW! I want to thank The Turk and magicman4646 for their kind comments. I'm glad they like the work. Turk, that I was able to "fool" you a bit is a success in itself as one has to get up very, very early in the morning to do that. Smile

Marion,

Oh, I dunno. 10:30-11:00 AM is usually early enough.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Being up and being conscious are often 2 different states Mike! Smile

MMc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MB's latest offereing: Gold Finger Plus! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL