The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Last Monte Gaff in Bicycle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a fairly common gaffed card in bulk, I thought you all might be able to point me in the direction of where I could find it. It's a card with a different number and suit printed on one of the corners so that if you hold it to the printed side and fan it with a few cards infront of it, the card seems like whatever suit and value that is. It's used in several monte effects, but I need it with a bicycle back and I need a few decks worth. If anyone is familiar with Harry Anderson's "The Last Monte", I'm trying to make sets of these in bicycle back for giveaway. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Eddie Ivan Torres
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
I already asked Christian Schenk (www.Card-Shark.de) if he would print such cards. At that time he was too busy, but he liked the idea. He offers custom made cards - what do you think of us two ordering such custom made decks: maybe 8 "indifferent" cards and 46 gaffs ready to tear a corner off. What do you think of an antique look fitting the three card monte theme?
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Thank you very much, I've sent an Email with an inquiry. Unfortunately I need standard bicycle backs, and I only need the gaffs, as I have several one way decks for the indifferent cards so I don't think what I need will fit your needs. But thank you very much for passing on the information on the website, I think it'll fit my needs perfectly.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Thanks for contacting me, Eddie. When I do the standard Bicycle cards I have to print the gaffs also onto Bicycle stock. I will inform you as soon as I have prices.

Christian
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Marty Grams sold sets for the Skinners Monte by the dozens (or more I don't recall). Maybe he can make just the gaffed one you need? It's not listed on his site though. Mail him and ask.

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Thanks folks, you all are great!
Eddie Ivan Torres
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
There are also two sets (One blue back, one red) in the CAJ deck of gaff cards. Which is also a pretty good selection of gaffs too.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
187 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Eddie,

Neil Lester, of Cards By Martin may have what you are looking for:

http://www.cardsbymartin.com/store/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Last Monte Gaff in Bicycle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL