The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Does Hypnotism Prove The Existence Of Reincarnation? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
There used to be a therapist here locally who used hypnotic regression to regress his patients to their Previous Reincarnations. Apparently,their remembrances of their previous reincarnations helped them to resolve their current emotional problems. So I was wondering whether or not Reincarnation can be proven by this hypnotic regression?

As I understand it, sometimes there are hoaxes, such as the case of Bridey Murphy. But in that case, the "hoax" was UNintentional since Bridey during her childhood or even her infancy had Unconsciously picked up "biographical" tidbits which she later mistakenly thought were remembrances of reincarnation.

On the other hand, there is the case of Shanti Devi whose hypnotic regression picked up information which only the Dead person would have known, that is, burial-location of a personal belonging which only the Dead person would have known.

I realize that the Bridey Murphy case was a hoax (albeit Unintentional) but I wonder about Shanti Devi.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its about as likely to prove alien abductions are real.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Hypnotism does not provide any evidence for the reality of reincarnation, or any other strange belief. It is well known that when you are in a certain sort of talk therapy you provide material for your therapist which conforms to his or her belief system. So if you are in Freudian analysis you will describe different dreams than if you are in Jungian analysis.
I am sure that if you believe in reincarnation (or alien abduction, or whatever you are having yourself) then you will be able to squeeze evidence out of various areas to support your belief. But it's not evidence in scientific terms. It's evidence in wish-fulfilment terms.
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Hi guy's Ive been a past life regression therapist for years ,the evidence at hand is pretty significant. Before I started doing this I thought that it could be trace memories in the DNA that they were experieceing, but when the the blood line had been broken there was no way of passing it on. Iv'e hundreds of videos of my clients being regressed , and I can say that the majority of evidence was resurched and proven to be factual events ,times, places,and the person in question. And yes the unconcious mind does fill in gaps and can produces false memories. This is then down to the skill of the therapist ,not to lead in any way ,just to direct the time passage and search for information without forcing or inavertantly giving the client information.
Hope this helps cheers Mark
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Hi Tony , Do you believe in God?.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 04:37, Mark Davies wrote:

I have no idea where this is going, but I've started giggling again.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 04:37, Mark Davies wrote:

Of course not. What a bizarre question. What does it have to do with the topic under discussion?
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Of course hypnotism doesn't prove reincarnation. All religion is faith, and make no mistake, reincarnation is religion. Here is a pretty good video about the mind and religious delusion, the video focuses on Mormonsim, Islam and Christianity, but I would imagine a similar video could be made for reincarnation, or Scientology or any other religious belief set. Agree or disagree with the video, it is a very interesting perspective to see religious belief explained as delusion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVuw1wEuaAQ
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Hi Richard. Thanks for that link. Interesting presentation.
RSD
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
534 Posts

Profile of RSD
I perform as a dirty hypnotist. In my city, there is this not for profit hypnotherapist organization. Their leader went of her to make a point to people that I am exploiting them and my hypnosis skills by performing a dirty show. I enjoyed the biggest laugh in recent memory when I found out she makes a living using hypnosis to help people discover their previous life experiences. Some people's kids.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "dirty hypnotist"? Sounds intrigueing.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
A hypnotist who does not bathe. I have been to ALOT of hypnosis conventions. There are many dirty hypnotists....
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
713 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
The healthiest attitute is to maintain an open mind as to the possibility of reincarnation. The human body has evolved over many millions of years and (interrelated with it) so has the collective consciousness of the human being. Our 'individual' consciousness (that chord of music,that filtered radio signal, that no-thing ness) is but a facet on the diamond. Where does the facet begin and the diamond end?
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 18:55, Nongard1 wrote:
A hypnotist who does not bathe. I have been to ALOT of hypnosis conventions. There are many dirty hypnotists....

LOL

Maybe that's why I haven't gone to another convention in a while ...

Joshua
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Hypnosis and PLR doesn't prove or disprove reincarnation.

I don't care whether it's objectively real or not. I do know that the subjective experience of one or more past lives can be very therapeutic.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
All of us are free to believe whatever we want to. I choose to believe that the entire PLR "movement" is delusional and that it is not a healthy attitude to "keep on open mind" nor do I believe that creating delusional fantasies is ever the prefered method of therapy.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
In a past life I used to think reincarnation was real until I was killed in battle as a Roman soldier. But in this life I don't. I guess it just depends which life you are in at the moment.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
I do teach eastern philosophies at a private university here in Quito, and karma and reincarnation are the starting point for one of my courses. Which is at the same time a practical and theoretical one.

Anyway I always tell my students that my course is not on religion therefore I'm not trying to convince them about anything, so I always give them all the different points of view about all the subjects we talk about.

For reincarnation I start telling them the main beliefs that support the theory, then I call another professor, who has being doing past life regressions for at least a decade, to perform one for my students and the results are sometimes unbelievable, like speaking in foreign sometimes death languages and describing people, places and names that they didn’t know about consciously or unconsciously.

But, then I tell them that there are other explanations for good regressions that are not necessarily reincarnation, such as information hidden in their on unconscious, Jung's universal consciousness, or the theory of genetic memory.

So I think regressions do not prove the theory of reincarnation, they just prove that they can be used to connect people with the history of humanity. Because reincarnation is a religious belief, very personal, such as the belief in God or angels, that so far is impossible to prove with science.

Best regards,

Giovanni.
jessewjoseph
View Profile
New user
California
82 Posts

Profile of jessewjoseph
On a mildly unrelated note, I've been trying to disprove the theory of relativity with hypnosis. Any thoughts on this?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think its ALL relative.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Does Hypnotism Prove The Existence Of Reincarnation? (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL