The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The New Alpha Reel I.T.R. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
"How do you take perfection and make it better." This is my new logo when I purchased James George's new Alpha Reels. I have been with James, CEO of the Sorcery Shop, (see link) http://www.itrmagictricks.com/ since day one. The invisible thread reel when marketed originally was a major breakthrough in magic. Forget about stripping thread and going through all the headaches. The new Alpha Reels come in two sizes. The first size is 4.5 inches. The smaller one is 2.5 inches. The break through is the retention on both these new reels. Either size the reel out is very smooth allowing the magician more distance without any tension. Both reels identical in design, are now much easier to re-thread should there be any breakage. The kevlar thread is very strong and very invisible to the spectator. The price for each is right and James is running a limited time offer. Buy any two Alpha Reels and get either a large or small free of charge. I give the Sorcery Shop two thumbtips up for his new design. The Alpha Reel will probably go up in price in the near future. Take advantage of the special price and own one of the most potent devices to levitate and animate various objects. I am the owner of six of these new wonderful reels and have adapted my own version many years ago of the Kevin James version of "The Floating Rose." His new design has made my routine much better and easier to perform. Don't hesitate or wait as it will be too late to get a great price and a free reel with the purchase of two. Magical Wishes: The Magic of Jerry Foster
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
wolfwaldbauer
View Profile
New user
Milan, Italy
75 Posts

Profile of wolfwaldbauer
Hi Jerry,
you said that there are 2 different sizes: 2.5 and 4.5 inches.
I suppose that the 3,5" is the "Micro" and the 4,5" is the "Boss".
Am I right?
wolfwaldbauer
View Profile
New user
Milan, Italy
75 Posts

Profile of wolfwaldbauer
Sorry, I meant the 2,5" is the "Micro"
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
It is an improvement to the micro that James put out years ago. I won those, and at the time they were great. The 2.5 inch Alpha has a new design, and as mentioned runs smoother than his original micro with much less tension. It is really awesome and a major break through from his original micro. The 2.5 would be the micro and the 4.5 would be and improvement to his 2004 ITR which was about 6 inches long. These new reels also have a much thinner design.
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
James George reports the biggest breakthrough is

"The Huge Leap with our New Alpha Reel is that it resets in seconds if you happen to break the IT. It also features adjustable Tension, something our 2000 Series reels lacked. We have also had another breakthrough that nearly doubles the retraction distance; this patented feature is incorporated into our new design".
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
wolfwaldbauer
View Profile
New user
Milan, Italy
75 Posts

Profile of wolfwaldbauer
Thanks for your answers.
I own and use Sorcerer's ITR's since years and am very satisfied with them.
I've placed my order today.
Thx again
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
The BOSS 2000 was the biggest joke ever. I have four of them, useless.

Statements like ""How do you take perfection and make it better." This is my new logo when I purchased James George's new Alpha Reels."

Are so tired that I can just read these reviews and fall asleep on my keyboard.
<yawn> Who needs haldol?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I need one more taker - the new "smaller" alpha reel at $23.00 plus shipping. PM me if you're interested. I can get three for the price of 2, already have one sold.

Jim
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
From the picture, it looks like a pain in the butt to try to get the IT out of the Alpha Reel if it does get sucked in for some reason. Are you trying to say that the thread will not ever get sucked into the ITR body?
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
Dear Xiqual:
You are entitled to you honest opinion and respect you for that. The drug humor really hit a nerve. I am asking you to please look at the link below.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/DA......01-1.jpg

That is a photo of me in my Disabled American Veterans uniform. While there was nobody that twisted my arm to join I served from 1979-2001. I walk with a cane and have chonic pain. I also have PTSD and receive psychiatric help. Haldol, Alprazolam, and Citalopram are my medications to keep me in check. They are no pleasure to take. Between that and narcotics I can still do magic very well and I donate my time to VA hospitals making my fellow comrades laugh. I no longer do shows for a fee. It is all for the veterans. I thought you might like to know that. I did two tours in the gulf war and took two very bad hits. I still managed to stay in for 21 years. So please in the future, put a bit of thought before trying to make a funny and quck come back. As I said if you don't like the product that is great. Please share with us why it is worthless. Respectfully Jerry Foster Retired Cmdr. 1979-2001
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
So, back to my question, is this new Alpha Reel designed so that the IT does NOT get sucked back intot he body when the IT breaks? Reason I ask this is because that split body design was pretty useless and made it a pain to get the IT back out. I also ask this because the exit opening on the Alphas look tiny and that would be a pain in the butt to suck out the IT, I'm not even sure if it's possible to suck out the IT with a exit opening that small.
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
You take a bead of wax and roll it between your fingers in the shape of a pin, small enough to go throught the small eyelet. I normally would put it on a white piece of paper with light. Use the wax to quide it through and it is done. I could do it in about two or three minutes.

To me it is easier, as the reel now does not have to be taken apart in case the sucking method on the older reels does not work. That does happen once in awhille. Also as mentioned the tension can be switched up. This may not be everybody's cup of joe, but it works fine and dandy for me.
Magicguy40
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Magicguy40
The Breakthrough on the Design is that the Thread does not get sucked back into the body, like all prior models. This is the primary feature that James holds a patent on.

While I would not say the other reels where usesless if you went through the trouble to actually learn to use them effectively, the new Alpha Reels are a dream come true for those who Never want to take the reel apart to reset the Thread when it breaks.

The Boss Version of the Alpha is the same Size as the original Boss Reel 2 - 1/4"

The Micro Version of the Alpha is the same Size as the Original Micro ITR 4.5" x 3/8"

I know confusing, but when you consider that James first Released the Standard ITR which was Huge, (6.5" x 1/2") the 4.5" was Micro by comparison, but with the release of the even smaller reels, it is now confusing.

The Feedback James is getting on the new Alpha Reels has been all Raves and very positive, the problem we have all had with the reset on the reels is now solved once and for all. The reels are absolutely beautiful, the most beautiful reels James has made, they are professionally manufactured, full color packaging, beautiful instructions. They look like a real product that you buy in a store, not something home made.

So, do yourself a favor and check them out, even if you have tried ITR's in the past, it is an entirely new situation now. Even a guy who can't see the thread, can reset these reels and that is a fact.
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
One great review Magicguy40. I have all of his reels and exactly what you said is the truth. If I know James, and I do he will make the Alpha Reel better in the future. Give it time, and he will continue on. It has been quite a journey for James and all of it is postive when he puts a product out there. I was never disappointed.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just placed my order for 3 "Boss" alpha units

Jim
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Does the Boss come with thinner thread than the Micro? I had the Kevlar thread at one point and needed to trade it in for the old standard black thread since for some reason the kevlar was much more visible in the light I was performing under. Is this new kevlar thread? Pre striped?
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
It is the Kevlar thread. If you talk with James I am sure he can accommodate you.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Hmmmmm, judging from the fact that it takes me seconds via the sucking method, I shall stick with my original Thread Boss Smile

Kevlar is always more visible. It's also a bit more slick and reflects light more.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Jerry,
I apologize for that. I in no way intended to belittle you or your condition. Thank you for your service to the USA, it is appreciated by all Americans.
Sincerly,
James
Quote:
On 2009-06-23 14:43, thumbtip wrote:
Dear Xiqual:
You are entitled to you honest opinion and respect you for that. The drug humor really hit a nerve. I am asking you to please look at the link below.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/DA......01-1.jpg

That is a photo of me in my Disabled American Veterans uniform. While there was nobody that twisted my arm to join I served from 1979-2001. I walk with a cane and have chonic pain. I also have PTSD and receive psychiatric help. Haldol, Alprazolam, and Citalopram are my medications to keep me in check. They are no pleasure to take. Between that and narcotics I can still do magic very well and I donate my time to VA hospitals making my fellow comrades laugh. I no longer do shows for a fee. It is all for the veterans. I thought you might like to know that. I did two tours in the gulf war and took two very bad hits. I still managed to stay in for 21 years. So please in the future, put a bit of thought before trying to make a funny and quck come back. As I said if you don't like the product that is great. Please share with us why it is worthless. Respectfully Jerry Foster Retired Cmdr. 1979-2001
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
James: Apology accepted. Thank you.....Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The New Alpha Reel I.T.R. (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL