The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jason England workshop in Toronto (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Card guys rejoice!

If you’ve ever wanted to improve your understanding of advanced sleight-of-hand maneuvers, but were not sure of the best way to proceed, look no further. Jason England has spent the past 20 years mastering some of the most difficult moves possible with a deck of cards. No armchair quarterback here, Jason has also been using these moves in his regular magic acts and gambling demonstrations throughout his entire career. His knowledge of these moves, his years of experience actually using them, and his background as an academic instructor combine to provide you with a unique learning opportunity. If you want a real teacher to teach you the real work, you’ve come to right place.

Although each workshop will be tailored to the specific needs of the attendees, you can expect to be taught the proper methods for the following techniques:

Second deal – Both push-offs and strike techniques will be taught.

Bottom deal – The evolution of the modern bottom deal described in full detail.

Center deal – Hard? Yes. But not as hard as you think it is!

Palming – The classic Erdnase system. Why “fix” what isn’t broken?

The Push-Through Shuffle – A foundational move that will improve your magic, period.

Riffle Shuffle Work – Techniques that will increase the deceptiveness of nearly all of your routines.

The MacMillan Turnover Switch – Straight from the feature film Shade, this move has a reputation for being next to impossible. It isn’t impossible; it just needed a good teacher to show you how to do it!

Last, but not least, Steve Forte has given his permission for Jason to discuss the actual workings of many of the effects from the ‘52’ sequence that was recently released on Steve’s Gambling Protection Series DVDs. Many of these techniques have never been shown on film before and are rarely discussed even amongst the upper echelon of card handlers. If you’ve seen this ground-breaking set and want to know how some of those things were accomplished, now’s your chance, and it may be the only one you’ll ever get!

When: Sunday July 5th, 2009
Duration: 6:30 until at LEAST 10:00 (I'm guessing though it will go until 11 or 12)!
Location: 399 Glengrove Ave. West (Five minute drive from Browser's Den).
Fee: $100

Spots are almost gone, so please get back to me as soon as possible!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
WOW, what a great opportunity!

At WMS this year we were hanging out and Steven Youell asked me if I wanted to know who one of the top card guys in the world was and pointed at Jason saying right there! He said he knows the history AND does the work as well!

I have a couple of Jason's downloads and I find him to be a very good teacher!

When and if I get the chance to attend one of Jason's lectures I will do whatever it takes to be there!

MMc
Dan Andrus
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Dan Andrus
I wonder if Jason could be persuaded to drop by Michigan on his way back? There is plenty of interest here.
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
270 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
Jason is easily one of the very best alive today! He's also an incredibly nice guy.

See him lecture whenever you can... you'll be glad you did.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I will be announcing more info, regarding lectures and cities we will be visiting, later today.

Heads up though- Boston, NY, Washington, Denny and Lees.

More info coming!

Ben

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
AtkinsonMagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of AtkinsonMagic
It's at this time I wish I was an American! Jason should definitely come and Lecture in London. I'll pay 100 quid no sweat for that!
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Quote:
On 2009-06-23 12:09, Ben Train wrote:
I will be announcing more info, regarding lectures and cities we will be visiting, later today.

Heads up though- Boston, NY, Washington, Denny and Lees.

More info coming!

Ben

Please keep us posted on the gigs in DC and at Denny's (dates and DC location).
ME
Chris Brown
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Chris Brown
Wish I could be there. Send me the whole lecture telepathically.
Buy Venus Trap here -
http://store.dananddave.com/venus-trap-chris-brown.html

Buy Orbit Control here -
http://store.dananddave.com/orbit-control-chris-brown.html

myspace.com/orbitbrown
youtube.com/orbitbrown
twitter.com/o
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
I would, but I fully expect my mind to be blown at that time, so no help from me.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Chris,

The telepathic workshop is $20.

For the rest of you (sane) people, we may be able to add spots to the workshop, if there is enough interest. Please let me know!

Ben
p.s.
We will be unavailing a surprise at the workshop!

kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
COME TO THE BAY AREA!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Kev,

I was JUST there! Next year I'll be back TWICE. I'll see you then.

So, more info.

Currently we (Jason, James and myself) are in Boston with Tony C., but Saturday we'll be heading into NY. We're there for 2 days or so, then we head to Marc Desouza's for a lecture (July 1st). Denny and Lee's is the next day (July 2nd) and both lectures should be very interesting, and different enough that it's worth attending both if you are able!

After that we head home to do a workshop in Toronto. If you want to meet up, or attend the Toronto workshop, contact me as soon as possible.

Ben

kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I know Ben, GGG. don't rub it in!! Smile I had to go to ohio...
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Was there for this. It was amazing. Little known fact about England, he is a near master of space and time. I think he said Forte still has him beat in this area, and that is the real secret to his shuffle work.
I don't remember how long the whole workshop was, but it felt like two hours tops, but I know it was at least five.

Any who, what was the "surprise" Ben?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jason England workshop in Toronto (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL