The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Hindu Prayer Chain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi,

The Hindu Prayer Chain or Tumbling Ring was often included in 1950's to 1980's Magic Sets. It was also an individual item that was once sold by Fun Inc.

If you have one, or can help me locate one, I would be interested in obtaining it. Please contact me directly at paulgreen@earthlink.net

Thanks,

Paul Green Smile Smile Smile
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I am interested in the construction of this chain. I am sure there was something on this "tumbling link" chain online, but I can't relocate the website that described how it functions. Anyone know where I could find it?

0pus
Night_Crawler
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Night_Crawler
It is just an illusion that the ring falls through all of the other rings. I have one made of plastic, I bought it at a dollar store. If you have one you would be able to understand the workings.

Night_Crawler
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
I have one I made some twenty years ago using keyrings. I got the "plan" from a Martin Gardner book called "Enigmi e giochi matematici" in Italian. Tonight when I'm at home I'll try to dig out the reference to the original book. By the way I played it for fun to my wife and her mother not long ago and it's got a good reaction (if only because the object is so cute)...
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
I recently saw these for sale on a web site but, for the life of me, I can't seem to relocate the site. I'll continue looking and if I come up with the address I'll post it here. As I recall they were selling the chain for about $12.00 USD.

Be patient, please and as always,

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile

As promised, here's the link for the 'Magic Chain". I'm going to order one for myself.

[outdated link]

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
I cannot find the reference anymore but fortunately the construction of the thing is clear from the pictures on the site that John posted above... it can be done with key-rings of the proper size and gauge!
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Alessandro, I like your website..keep it going and thanks

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Thanks for the info. I appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

Paul Green Smile Smile Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I bought an original one (all brass, with original box) from a magic dealer about 10 years ago. It's hanging in the studio right now.

Steve Thomas
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
yes guys thanks, i went to the sight and bought this for 12.00
very cool item and will use it often
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Hindu Prayer Chain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL