The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Further Spotlight-Carey on cards-coming soon. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I will be releasing an ebook on card magic called Further Spotlight. This will contain 8 items including my handling of the classic one deck do as I do. With this approach you can get the effect of TAPALAC without any clocking or mental gymnastics. Also in the book will be my handling of Out of sight out of mind. This is a streamlined approach to the professors classic effect which has proven very successful for me in my work. Another item to look out for is an effect called Mo would have loved this. This is a pseudo memory and dead cutting effect that is very easy to do but gives the impression of great skill. The payoff at the end will make you smile.

I will post up a full table of contents in the next week or so.

The ebook will be priced at 15 dollars and paypal will be available at: johncareymagic@googlemail.com

Kind regards

John
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hi Everyone,

Pleased to inform you that the further spotlight-Carey on cards Ebook is now available for order.Please find below a full list of contents:

Cut off point-an extremely simple but powerful approach to the classic one deck do as I do.
Clearly impossible-signature fusion meets omni deck, inspired by Bill Abbott
Out of sight but still in mind-my streamlined handling and approach to Dai Vernons card classic.This handling will put a classic right into your repertoires, with no awkward moves.
WTF? Interchange-a very direct and bold approach to the classic pocket interchange effect. 3 selections which can be signed instantly transpose with a freely chosen 4 of a kind. No dupes, no p-----g, no kiddin.
Those whispering good time girls-a simple but strong approach to the classic whisperers plot with a sweet transposition at the end.
No truth in the tells-my approach to David Williamsons liars poker where 5 mistakes magically rectify themselves in an instant.
Two little breathers-Two items worthy of your attention using the breather crimp. Including Mo would have loved this, which is a pseudo memory and dead cutting demonstration. The payoff at the end of this will put a smile on your face.
Counting on you-this is my handling and approach to Paul Cummins' fantastic counting on it from fasdiu. In my handling you never ask the spectator for their number until after you have cut out a packet from the center. The cards are counted and the total matches their number. The last card counted is turned over to reveal the selection.

Crystal whisper- a two card transpo for the workers. A peeked card changes places with a joker that is on top of a glass and in full view of the audience.
Twin decisions-another approach to the one deck do as I do with a few different approaches outlined. With this you can get the effect of TAPALAC without any mental gymnastics.
When Nyquist met Lorayne-an extremely direct approach to the classic sandwich plot.
You and me- a signed card to box routine with a kicker they will remember.

Have a great day guys

Kind regards

John Carey
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
Is there any review on this, anyone?
magicmancas
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicmancas
Any reviews? BUMP.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I don't have this...but I know John well, have known him for about 3 years now, and been fortunate to session many a time with him. Also seen him lecture...twice! He is one of the most creative people I know with a deck of cards, and can only recommend his work to people serious about strong, hard hitting card Magic. He is one of the few people I know that really loves and gets excited by everything about Card Magicwise. If you got thr funds...get this, and if you don't, get the funds!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
I have the document, need to give it a bit of time to go through it but so far it looks good.

Maybe I'll get a review written up in due course.

Rob
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
I too always enjoy John's work and these notes are no exception.

I've not tried everything in them yet, but I'm having fun with his much streamlined version of Dai Vernon's Out of Sight Out of Mind. It's a VERY direct and efficient handling which I'll be using a lot.

Iain.
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Many thanks for the kind words Iain and Chris.

Best

John
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
John,

Can you provide an indication of the level of skill required for most of your routines? Or perhaps a list of sleights one should be proficient in? My card skill is probably intermediate, but I know the term "intermediate" is relative, depending on who you talk to Smile.

Thanks in advance.

Corbett
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hi There,

There is nothing in the ebook not within the reach of the average card magician. A top change, a palm and the double turnover are pretty much the skills you require to do my material. Also, there is plenty of material which relies on the breather crimp, plus a variation on the flicker glimpse which has tons of applications.

Best

John
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Regarding the dai vernon effect, do you show the spec 9 cards as per the original?
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2009-07-22 15:43, Daren wrote:
Regarding the dai vernon effect, do you show the spec 9 cards as per the original?

No. But you COULD actually show them as many as you wanted....

Iain.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Daren, you show them 8.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that this ebook will be withdrawn from sale this Friday 7th August. Time for the next project which should be out in a month or so and will feature more practical hard hitting material with just a regular shuffled deck.

Anybody interested in purchasing the ebook by Friday can purchase the Further spotlight ebook for the special price of 10 Dollars U.S.

Paypal can be made at johncareymagic@googlemail.com

Kind regards

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Further Spotlight-Carey on cards-coming soon. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL